• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2018 4:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3709 posts
631 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] (Targeted) CTFS High Interest Savings 3.2% until June 30, 2019

Not the best deal out there, but quite respectable. There's no need to play games (ahem Tangerine) or call in (Simplii).
Earn 3.2%* interest on new deposits into your Canadian Tire High Interest Savings® account. It's simple. Log into your account on myCTFS.com and make a deposit.

* Your Account will earn a special interest rate of 3.20% for any new deposits made between Dece‍mber 1‍0, 20‍18 – Ju‍ne 3‍0, 20‍19. This rate consists of the regular variable rate of interest for the Account of 1.50% plus the bonus interest rate of 1.70% per annum. The bonus rate applies only to (i) selected customers who received a communication about this offer and (ii) new deposits made on or after Dece‍mber 1‍0, 20‍18 up to a maximum of $500,000 in new deposits. The promotional interest is calculated on the portion of the Account’s closing balance during the offer period that exceeds the closing balance as of Dece‍mber ‍7, 20‍18, to a maximum of $500,000. Any new deposits over $500,000 will receive interest at the regular every day rate (1.5% as of Dece‍mber 1‍0, 20‍18). This bonus offer may be changed, extended or withdrawn without notice. Interest is calculated daily based on the daily closing balance. Interest is paid monthly. If the Account is closed before the end of a calendar month or before the end of the offer period, you will forfeit interest at the bonus rate that accrued from the beginning of the particular month in which the Account was closed. Rates are quoted as of Dece‍mber 1‍0, 20‍18 and are subject to change without notice.
signature closed for renovation
15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1206 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
They have a Bank, I only know that they have Credit card. Check the website but could not see the offer OP mentioned.
Simple is the best.
Temp. Banned
Aug 24, 2016
5167 posts
4157 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
blackart wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 2:00 pm
They have a Bank, I only know that they have Credit card. Check the website but could not see the offer OP mentioned.
They’re a bank.
They can choose to take deposits or not.
They’ve had bank accounts for as long as I can remember.
I believe they offer GIC’s too.

EDIT:

https://www.myctfs.com/BankingWithUs/
Last edited by coolintheshade on Dec 12th, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3709 posts
631 upvotes
blackart wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 2:00 pm
The promo is targeted. For those with an account, check your junk folder.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5405 posts
1489 upvotes
What a freak, lol ...

My account there was locked due to inactivity (I am now in process to re-activating it).

But besides that I didn't even have an email address associated with their account (Rep told me cuz it wasn't mandatory, more likely).

So I am probably SOL for this offer ... but at least I added an email now to my account there ... and Opted in for all the promo material, etc (via email) :)
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1658 posts
658 upvotes
GTA
recordman wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 1:54 pm
Not the best deal out there, but quite respectable. There's no need to play games (ahem Tangerine) or call in (Simplii).
The above part of your message confuses me... If it's targeted, then as far as I'm concerned, they are playing games. As well, you can or can't call in to get it? Or better yet, if I open an account now, what needs to be done to get this interest rate?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3709 posts
631 upvotes
Britex wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 9:28 pm
The above part of your message confuses me... If it's targeted, then as far as I'm concerned, they are playing games. As well, you can or can't call in to get it? Or better yet, if I open an account now, what needs to be done to get this interest rate?
I don't think calling in would get anywhere. For Tangerine, calling in might or might not work. The rate one gets may differ from the next guy who calls in. It's unpredictable. At least with CTFS, you either get it or you don't. Don't need to waste any time.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1658 posts
658 upvotes
GTA
recordman wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 1:20 am
I don't think calling in would get anywhere. For Tangerine, calling in might or might not work. The rate one gets may differ from the next guy who calls in. It's unpredictable. At least with CTFS, you either get it or you don't. Don't need to waste any time.
So you're complaining about Tangerine because they are playing games and Simplii because you have to call in?!? And yet CTFS's offers are targeted and calling in will get you nowhere... It just so happens YOU got a decent rate so they are good but the rest are bad? Sounds to me CTFS is the worst of the 3.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7637 posts
648 upvotes
Let us hope that CT will make this offer available to new sign ups too.
Signature removed due to external link rule violation.
Jul 24, 2012
538 posts
59 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 6:21 pm
Let us hope that CT will make this offer available to new sign ups too.
They should have offered to everybody not just targeted to certain clients. You want to have as much money as possible to move in. I don't get it.
Sep 11, 2007
211 posts
31 upvotes
Brampton
I've had a CT account for over 6 years now, and wasn't offered this promotion. :(
May 3, 2008
681 posts
283 upvotes
Markham
If targeted promotion is not playing games, I don’t know what is....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7637 posts
648 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 10:19 pm
They should have offered to everybody not just targeted to certain clients. You want to have as much money as possible to move in. I don't get it.
I stand corrected, they should. However, they're playing the same got your cash already game as the other guys. I've never had to move money around so much as I have done in 2018. I'm at RBC right now until Feb (for now).
Signature removed due to external link rule violation.
Aug 11, 2006
41 posts
9 upvotes
recordman wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 1:54 pm
Not the best deal out there, but quite respectable.
What's the best rate you've seen so far? I only know about the 3.15% Simplii promo.