Jan 4, 2009
3733 posts
1492 upvotes
on the links

Canadian Tire Triangle World Elite - live as of Apr 26, 2018

update Apr 26: CC application site is here

It's a no fee card...details to follow.

4% back (in CT money) at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Marks
3% back for grocery purchases (up to $12K annually)
5c/7c back per litre on regular/premium CT fuel
1% back for all other purchases
Roadside assistance Gold plan

I might get it just for the roadside planSmiling Face With Open Mouth

Last edited by Sauerkraut on Apr 9th, 2018 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Picture of all 3 new Triangle Mastercard’s
Regular, World and World Elite.

Link to CTFS legacy cards thread.
3273 replies
Aug 7, 2010
876 posts
254 upvotes
So if I get it correctly, as an Options Mastercard holder, there is nothing to do just wait for the new Triangle CC to arrive. Good!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2484 posts
1480 upvotes
Winnipeg
So what about World Mastercard holders.... Do they get bumped down or upgraded up?
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
3733 posts
1492 upvotes
on the links
Shawguy wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 10:28 am
So what about World Mastercard holders.... Do they get bumped down or upgraded up?
Not sure, as it's a little vague. World Elite cards typically require minimum income levels/spend levels, so maybe CT will require you to request an upgrade?? (sort of how Rogers handled their new card)

If you’d like a new Triangle loyalty or credit card, you will be able to merge your old account to a new card through triangle.com or the Triangle app when the Triangle Rewards program launches later this spring.

As an Options Mastercard cardholder, you were automatically enrolled in the My Canadian Tire Money program. The name of this program is now changing to Triangle Rewards and the name of the Options Mastercard is changing to the Triangle™ Mastercard®, so no action is required. Some cardholders will receive their redesigned Triangle Mastercard shortly, while others will be sent a redesigned Triangle Mastercard when their Options Mastercard expires.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28774 posts
14579 upvotes
Ottawa
komodor wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 10:13 am
So if I get it correctly, as an Options Mastercard holder, there is nothing to do just wait for the new Triangle CC to arrive. Good!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
There doesn't appear to be any new changes to the non-WE card and you won't be automatically upgraded to the WE.
We'll have to apply for the WE Triangle; when it becomes available.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
1624 posts
505 upvotes
Alpha Centauri
Another missed opportunity to offer Canadians an alternative no forex card. Do they not know how desirable that one little carrot is?
*Life without friends is like a garden without flowers.
*Children would be less spoiled if we were allowed to spank grandparents.
*Coffee = A liquid hug for your brain.
*Hugs are free, but you only need one to feel good.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
4387 posts
2716 upvotes
Anyone knows the details about the Roadside Gold Plan? Hopefully it will be better than the offer from my Home Trust Preferred VISA.
💳 Amex Cobalt - Business Platinum - Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite - Rogers WE
May 20, 2017
14 posts
6 upvotes
Wonder if the bill payment option is still going to be there... Also, did anybody call to get upgraded to the WE version yet?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5489 posts
4593 upvotes
Here on earth
I don’t like how it says 4% back on “qualifying purchases”.
I wonder if this may be an opportunity for them to offer CT money on less products/services than before.

I would have rathered see this become a reality

CT Crimson World Elite, which was subject to discussion last year when a survey was conducted.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5489 posts
4593 upvotes
Here on earth
EdisonL299 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 11:06 am
Anyone knows the details about the Roadside Gold Plan? Hopefully it will be better than the offer from my Home Trust Preferred VISA.
It’ll be the one posted on their website, and sold in stores.
They sell that RA plan for $99 annually at regular price, but you can often get it on sale for $79 or sometimes less.
http://roadsideassistance.canadiantire. ... anada.html

As you can see, it is far superior to the HT one.
Feb 2, 2007
621 posts
391 upvotes
GTA
Currently I have:
PCF World Elite: 3% at Loblaws, No Frills
Tangerine: 2% for Groceries, Restaurants, Transit/Parking
Rogers World Elite (upcoming upgrade): 1.5% foreign, 1.75% all else
CT World: 4% Canadian Tire owned stores, bill payments.

Assuming bill payments functionality stays the same, the CT World Elite will move up a couple of places, replacing Tangerine for Groceries, up to $12k yearly.

A not so good part is that rewards come as CT money vs. monthly credit for Tangerine; I'll have to see if I can make use of it somehow ;-)
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
4387 posts
2716 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 11:24 am
It’ll be the one posted on their website, and sold in stores.
They sell that RA plan for $99 annually at regular price, but you can often get it on sale for $79 or sometimes less.
http://roadsideassistance.canadiantire. ... anada.html

As you can see, it is far superior to the HT one.
Wow. Extremely good and it’s even better than the not-free BMO Cash Back WE and TD Cash Back VISA Infinite. Is the plan working globally or NA/Canada only?

The roadside benefit can be a good enough solo reason for many ppl to get the card. However, I do agree with the previous poster, they missed an opportunity to offer No Foreign Transaction Fee. Apparently they haven’t done enough market research.
💳 Amex Cobalt - Business Platinum - Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite - Rogers WE
Nov 7, 2017
156 posts
108 upvotes
Edmonton
Free roadside assistance? That's great, but probably only tow your vehicle to Canadian Tire.