Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Weider Adjustable Dumbbell 10-50lb - 179$ (Vancouver)

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2021 10:38 am
Dec 31, 2010
923 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Canadian Tire] Weider Adjustable Dumbbell 10-50lb - 179$ (Vancouver)

No discount, hot because it seems like it is actually in stock - at the time of writing seems like 96 available
Also price is not bad, bowflex 552 are not only sold out everywhere but are also 50$ more expensive.

Got myself a pair of these, and they are quite nice, be warned boxes are huge!

Thread Summary
For a selection of other options, visit RFD Reviews' list of the best adjustable dumbbells for your home gym!
33 replies
May 25, 2015
66 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP! Just got some shipped from Cobourg. Seems like they’re the only Ontario store that has them in stock
Dec 24, 2011
749 posts
1607 upvotes
East, Canada
Ta OP. Tried to get these last week, now I just had success and bought the last pair I could see in Atlantic Canada. Hefty shipping but worth it.
Amex Platinum, Amex Cobalt, Amex Bonvoy and Amex Bonvoy Business card holder
British Airways American Express (UK)
Dec 31, 2010
923 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
whiteGSR wrote: What's the difference between these and the $159.99 version?

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/weid ... p.html#srp

Is it just a price increase or different product?
mostly just the price increase..
159.99 version they had before the start of the pandemic and those sold out quickkk and were never restocked since march as I was tracking them
179.99 have red (vs blue) handles to adjust the weight tho, but otherwise are the same

not sure why this post is getting downvoted, other than fake bowflex from kijiji/craigslist I could not find cheaper adjustable dumbbells for the life of me.
Powerblock goes for 549.99 at fitness depot (for the set) vs 359 for 2 of these and apparently they are OOS and theres a waitlist, and genuine bowflex is easily more expensive and also mostly OOS

If anyone has any leads on a cheaper adjustable dumbbell 10-50lb that is actually in stock let me know and I'll go return my set lol?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7098 upvotes
West GTEH!
ZeroToHero wrote: mostly just the price increase..
159.99 version they had before the start of the pandemic and those sold out quickkk and were never restocked since march as I was tracking them
179.99 have red (vs blue) handles to adjust the weight tho, but otherwise are the same

not sure why this post is getting downvoted, other than fake bowflex from kijiji/craigslist I could not find cheaper adjustable dumbbells for the life of me.
Powerblock goes for 549.99 at fitness depot (for the set) vs 359 for 2 of these and apparently they are OOS and theres a waitlist, and genuine bowflex is easily more expensive and also mostly OOS

If anyone has any leads on a cheaper adjustable dumbbell 10-50lb that is actually in stock let me know and I'll go return my set lol?
Because some people can't purchase them at their local CT store (OOS).
Your screenshot shows stock in Vancouver. Which is great if you live in the area near the CT store.

I bought a pair a few months ago when they were in stock in the GTA. Very good dumbbells for working out at Home (IMO).
😎
Nov 24, 2014
129 posts
322 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been using these for the past 6 months and they've been great. They're really sturdy and feel like a natural dumbbell. I've read a few reviews that the Bowflex ones feel strange due to their length at lower weights.

You can do the half weight trick to get increments of 5 - load 1 plate on 1 side and 2 plates on the other to get 15lbs. But I don't love it. It does feel unwieldy. Some people have suggested arm bands but I don't like those either.

Overall though, very solid. I'd still rather use these than take my chances on the strange knockoffs that are flooding the market.
Dec 31, 2010
923 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
chrismaslee wrote: I've been using these for the past 6 months and they've been great. They're really sturdy and feel like a natural dumbbell. I've read a few reviews that the Bowflex ones feel strange due to their length at lower weights.

You can do the half weight trick to get increments of 5 - load 1 plate on 1 side and 2 plates on the other to get 15lbs. But I don't love it. It does feel unwieldy. Some people have suggested arm bands but I don't like those either.

Overall though, very solid. I'd still rather use these than take my chances on the strange knockoffs that are flooding the market.
I can see half weight working for some exercises like hammer curls, sumo squats and skull crushers but totally weird for most other exercises.
Yea, I read a few reviews about fake bowlflex dumbells not locking properly after short period of use, so was apprehensive about investing in them
Mar 18, 2007
389 posts
164 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
I got these last fall and love them.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3307 posts
3849 upvotes
I got these last time Grandview got a shipment and I love them. As to why they put them upstairs, I have no idea.
Sep 21, 2003
553 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
mikebc wrote: I got these last time Grandview got a shipment and I love them. As to why they put them upstairs, I have no idea.
Grandview just got 103 in stock this morning

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=1840731
Good deals come to those who wait. Wait too long then the deals gone.
Feb 5, 2016
269 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chrismaslee wrote: I've been using these for the past 6 months and they've been great. They're really sturdy and feel like a natural dumbbell. I've read a few reviews that the Bowflex ones feel strange due to their length at lower weights.

Lol the only difference between these and knockoffs is there a logo slapped on it other than that same stuff. It’s like how collectible bike shoes sell for $500 when you could get replicas for a fraction of the cost - same stuff
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
Grabbed a set and am very happy with them. Wife has 2.6 and 5lb wrist bands so can use those to I crease weight slightly. I am just trying to stay fit and retain strength not get noticeably bigger since in the age bracket where that ship sailed
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7399 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
I got these a few months ago from Crappy Tire I really like them. The only thing I dont like it they only do 10 pound increments but other then that they have been great.

The Ikea LACK TV stand is a decent cheap stand ($16) for them.
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/lack-tv-be ... -90243297/

I also picked up these Traffic Master Foam Tiles 2"x2" for $12 for 4 at Home Depot.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/traffi ... 1001543225

I have been doing Athlean-X's dumb bell exercises.

CHEST
Inclined/Declined Bench Press (hold between reps)

Bench Press Up

Floor Fly

BICEP
Drag Curl

Incline Curl

Waiters Curl

Spider Curl

Preacher Curl

Offset Standing Curl

SHOULDER
Standing Shoulder Press

Lateral Raise

Front Raise and Press > High Pull > Figure 8

Dumbbell Power Clean, Overhead to the other shoulder

BACK
Dumbbell Dead Rows

Dumbbell Pullovers

Chest Supported Touch Rows

The Manmaker

W Raise

TRICEP
Lying DB Extensions > Close Grip Press

Overhead DB Extensions > Floor Dips

Kneeling DB Kickbacks > Close Grip Pushups
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2018
1217 posts
2641 upvotes
whatisbwana wrote: Lol the only difference between these and knockoffs is there a logo slapped on it other than that same stuff. It’s like how collectible bike shoes sell for $500 when you could get replicas for a fraction of the cost - same stuff
A “fraction” being 20% off? (499 vs 399) Knockoffs should be a lot cheaper than 20% off
Dec 19, 2018
217 posts
253 upvotes
Montreal
Genuine question here. What is the real advantage of this kind of set compared to an old style adjustable dumbbell set like this one from amazon?

Nov 24, 2014
129 posts
322 upvotes
Vancouver
AndreaL87013 wrote: Genuine question here. What is the real advantage of this kind of set compared to an old style adjustable dumbbell set like this one from amazon?

Fair question. Answer is simple - convenience.

I've used one of those sets before. It's annoying to have to spin those weights on and off. You might say it's 5-10 seconds and sure.
But you're going to use a different weight for different exercises. You can probably bench more than you can curl. So you'll need to swap again.
Or you want to increase or decrease weights between sets. So you'll need to swap again.
And vice versa.

It's just annoying. I don't know about you but when I work out I want to focus on the workout as much as possible, and not all the little things. So for me, it's worth it.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4625 posts
1342 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: ...
I also picked up these Traffic Master Foam Tiles 2"x2" for $12 for 4 at Home Depot.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/traffi ... 1001543225
How long have you had them for? How are they holding up?

I know the serious reviews trash the interlocking tiles, but I want to just take the chance with the tiles if I am using a set of adjustable dumbbells. It's not like I've got a power cage set up.
Dec 31, 2010
923 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
whatisbwana wrote: Lol the only difference between these and knockoffs is there a logo slapped on it other than that same stuff. It’s like how collectible bike shoes sell for $500 when you could get replicas for a fraction of the cost - same stuff
not at all, Bowflex knockoffs break and are an actual safety hazard, due to improper locking mechanism (not as precisely machined as real Bowflex)