Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Wire Stripper

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2017 12:30 am
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2003
4250 posts
155 upvotes
Cambridge
Coresu wrote: I found this a much better buy for an extra 2.50 cents about (6.49 + tax, free shipping for Prime folks).

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000NY ... UTF8&psc=1

Plus it cuts down to 20-22 gauge where the 3.99 one cuts to a max of 18 gauge like someone mentioned above.

Also is a good multi tool, since it can cut bolts, crimps, beside only stripping wires.
Just be careful of the quality. I've owned a few of this style, I seem to misplace them easily, and there are some that don't close properly in which case they drive you up the wall. No idea how they could make these wrong, but they do!

The flat handles cut in to your hands if you put a lot of pressure on them eg for cutting bolts.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
Got mine this afternoon. Just did a test, worked better than the bigger ones.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
U4IA wrote: These are ok, but after buying an automatic stripper I never use ones like these anymore... I think I paid around $10 for mine when it was on sale... I have the mastercraft one which is fine, despite the reviews.
Can you share a link of the automatic one you have ,please?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7311 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
I told my friend I got him a stripper, then whipped out this bad boy on him.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1154 posts
405 upvotes
Victoria
Must have 4 or 5 different wire strippers and still use my Big lighter the most
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
immortal_kssss wrote: Can you share a link of the automatic one you have ,please?
Someone else just posted it..just look for the CT one. Gotta wait for it to go on sale... I'm sure Princess Auto or maybe amazon has one similar.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
Good for the price but I prefer the master-craft automatic stripper i bought from CdnTire a few months ago for around $12.

Well worth it.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... p.html#srp

It's $29.99 regular price right now so I guess i got it when it was on sale.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote: Good for the price but I prefer the master-craft automatic stripper i bought from CdnTire a few months ago for around $12.

Well worth it.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... p.html#srp

It's $29.99 regular price right now so I guess i got it when it was on sale.
yep , these are amazing. I got a similar one from amazon.
But for extremely occasional use, like few times per year, I guess some people might think its not worth it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
What's the automatic non manual stripper?

I need a tool to untwist rj45 other Than my bare hands. They are hard on my nails to pull them straight
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
L4cky wrote: What's the automatic non manual stripper?

I need a tool to untwist rj45 other Than my bare hands. They are hard on my nails to pull them straight
I mentioned it in my post on the previous page.

Here it is again http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... p.html#srp

I got it for around 12.99 a few months ago

Its great.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3157 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
L4cky wrote: I need a tool to untwist rj45 other Than my bare hands. They are hard on my nails to pull them straight
<no self promotion>
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
SquadG wrote:
Lol Omg.

I mean.. Just the end not the whole cable itself. Just to make the connectors.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
teacherman wrote: How does this one you posted compare to this one?

https://www.amazon.ca/Capri-Tools-CP200 ... e+stripper
This is my go-to stripper now. I used to use an automatic one (Princess Auto version - same thing as the Mastercraft, different colour) but found it wasn't saving me any time when doing a lot of circuits. As the blades wear down in the automatic one it gets frustrating since you start to get non-strips.
Jun 1, 2011
594 posts
146 upvotes
Ajax
Thanks OP, went to the Ajax location and they had a few in Isle 55
Banned
Oct 17, 2016
378 posts
134 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
Been using these wire strippers for god know how long, HiRipper and Whiz-Master are the two in the top left. These were back in the 1970s and are still stripping now!

IMAG7161.jpg
Mitsubishi Lancer RULES.
Jul 15, 2014
815 posts
833 upvotes
SellKijijiOshawa wrote: Been using these wire strippers for god know how long, HiRipper and Whiz-Master are the two in the top left. These were back in the 1970s and are still stripping now!

IMAG7161.jpg
Between the one on the bottom left and the one on the right which one do you prefer?
Tangerine, EQ Bank, Simplii Financial and Public Mobile member.