Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Wusthof Classic 14 piece Knife Set - $389.93 Clearance - Nationwide

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2017 10:16 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6982 posts
434 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Wusthof Classic 14 piece Knife Set - $389.93 Clearance - Nationwide

Canadian Tire has this listed as $1199 regular, which is inflated as per the norm from CT, but this set still typically goes for 700-800, so this is still a really good deal for one of their higher end lines. Excellent knives, I already have a set or I'd jump on this instantly. Stores that don't have stock still show regular price, Checked a few stores in GTA that had stock and a couple in Edmonton, both show lower price so I'm calling this nationwide unless anyone finds otherwise.

Cheers!
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
15 replies
Feb 25, 2015
456 posts
288 upvotes
NB
Good price for those who want / need the entire set.

Most people would probably be fine with 2 knives - chef and paring. I got 8" classic chef from Sears last year, it was about $60 on clearance. Paring knife is 4" gourmet, its thin light blade is great and the knife won't be expensive to replace when it wears out.
"The things you own end up owning you..." (c)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6982 posts
434 upvotes
carbide wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 2:24 pm
Good price for those who want / need the entire set.

Most people would probably be fine with 2 knives - chef and paring. I got 8" classic chef from Sears last year, it was about $60 on clearance. Paring knife is 4" gourmet, its thin light blade is great and the knife won't be expensive to replace when it wears out.
Yeah, I got a set w. block from their clearance last year too. This one includes the steak knives and whatnot as well. This might not be QUITE as good a deal as that one, but there's more stock spread around now.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8452 posts
479 upvotes
I wonder if they are "really" made in Germany...and not made in China, like the Henckels cheap china crap that is always on sale for 90% off at china lol
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
2307 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aquariaguy wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 3:13 pm
I wonder if they are "really" made in Germany...and not made in China, like the Henckels cheap china crap that is always on sale for 90% off at china lol
You get what you pay for. Henckels International(cheap line) are all made in China.

No reason to believe these Wusthof's are not made in Germany.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6982 posts
434 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
I couldn't tell you if all of the Wusthof lines are made in Germany, but the forged ones are I believe, and the Classic line is forged.
Feb 2, 2017
39 posts
24 upvotes
Shows $800 in the Richmond BC CT, and $600 in one of the Vancouver CT.

EDIT: Burnaby CT shows $389 and there's 2 left.
Last edited by jaydubz on Mar 15th, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6982 posts
434 upvotes
jaydubz wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 3:27 pm
Shows $800 in BC
I set mine to Burnaby South and it shows the lower price, which store are you looking at?
Feb 2, 2017
39 posts
24 upvotes
Happy13178 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 3:29 pm
I set mine to Burnaby South and it shows the lower price, which store are you looking at?
I was looking at the Richmond and Vancouver. I edited my post after looking through a couple more stores.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8452 posts
479 upvotes
er34er34 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 3:22 pm
You get what you pay for. Henckels International(cheap line) are all made in China.

No reason to believe these Wusthof's are not made in Germany.
Ya, if they are stamped I would assume China. Especially when you have a place like Canadian Tire, they usually aren't known to sell "fancy quality" things. Especially with their advertising practices it makes you wonder.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Oct 26, 2009
78 posts
31 upvotes
Edmonton
stop the madness. just go the the local restaurant supply store and buy the pro series tools. they're cheaper, better, and you don't end up with a bunch of knives you'll never use. Who uses a filleting knife often enough to actually own one? at the restaurant supply store: 8" chef's - $50, 3.5" paring - $30, steak knives- 6 x $6 is $36, sharpening/deburring steel - $50 = $166, plus a $50 bread knife. You don't need a block cluttering up your counter anyway.
May 28, 2013
219 posts
105 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
As per page description:
Exclusively manufactured in Solingen, Germany
Nov 1, 2015
219 posts
79 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Is Germany much better than Spain as well? Just saw a set of Zwilling from Spain.
Aug 29, 2012
114 posts
30 upvotes
SURREY
I keep reading threads about how everyone should have a pairing knife. I use my filet knife a lot more than the pairing knife. I only really use 4 knives. Chef's, filet, bread and steak knives.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2047 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Good steel and good edge profile. Shame about the old-fashioned full-length bolster that gets in the way of proper sharpening, the redundant knives (both cook's and Santoku, and multiple utility knives) and the undersized bread and carving knives. Their Ikon line is excellent design overall, but overpriced. I agree with those who say you really should just get good examples of the few knives you'll actually use, get a decent sharpening steel, and whatever block you like to store them (I like the bamboo in-drawer blocks, about $35 on Amazon, or a magentic bar (just not bare steel - I'd cover it with fabric or at least tape)). I kind of take offense to these block sets that attempt to look like a great deal by stuffing them with things you don't need and won't use, but that's me. If you really want a block and don't mind the full-length bolster, this is a fine choice and it's the best knife CT sells.