Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

X hose 50/75/100 feet clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2017 9:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Premium rubber hose in garage, and same on side of house for garden use, and going strong for about 17yrs now...
Hose on side of house just gets drained before winter, but stays outside on el cheapo hose real. Funny part, only last year, did the one hose (INSIDE garage) started forming a bubble area in the middle. Still haven't decided if I just get a hose joint and repair or just replace the hose (it's served it's duty all these years).

I damaged the brass coupling on the garage one ages ago by driving over it. I just cut off the end, got a Gardena compression style end fitting and never had an issue since.

OK, "real" heavy duty rubber hoses are not cheap. They do take up more space that these xhose things, and are heavier. But they do last quite a while.

I hate vinyl hoses (kink like crazy), and all these gimicky hoses, super flex, xhose, pocket hose, etc...

Many "rubber" hoses, are often recycled rubber/vinyl mix if you check the details. NOT the same.

My outdoor hose is something like this one.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4676 posts
1285 upvotes
Hamilton
covabwoy wrote: Had mine for 5 seasons now. No leakage or issues whatsoever. Got another 50ft on clearance last year at Lowes for $19.99.
Ditto.
4 seasons. Never brought it in. Mixed concrete with it and got some on it. Stayed at least 2 winters on side of driveway. Plastic connectors on both ends. Dragged it on concrete.
I dunno how it's still Alive with no leaks. Bought it for like 15 bucks at HD. Wish I bought 3!
It's green in color with yellow ends. Even has a yellow lever at end of hose to control flow!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
Had 3 of these, one last 2 years, the other 2 a combined 3 weeks.

note: Xhose allows ONE replacement, after that they send you your money back provided you have the receipt and all.
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
2091 posts
2413 upvotes
Toronto
Piklishi wrote: covabwoy wrote: ↑ Had mine for 5 seasons now. No leakage or issues whatsoever. Got another 50ft on clearance last year at Lowes for $19.99.

What's your secret?

Never used it...
Stay away from these hoses. They break so fast.
Don't leave it out over the winter. The leftover water inside damages them when frozen. That's how you preserve these things.
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)