• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2018 5:29 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
2925 posts
617 upvotes
Miami
I've been getting excellent offers since the program started... it's great.

I don't shop at CT stores much but it's worth it when they're offering 50x rewards and 20% back offers.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Dec 18, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton
Can someone clarify the 30x rewards on today at Canadian Tire if you use your Triangle card? Does this mean a 30% return or is it 30x the normal 4%?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4403 posts
2372 upvotes
petervk324082 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 10:13 am
Can someone clarify the 30x rewards on today at Canadian Tire if you use your Triangle card? Does this mean a 30% return or is it 30x the normal 4%?
Have not seen any Bonus for today at Cdn Tire on the website.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en.html

EDIT / ADD = Correction... it’s there but not clearly defined in the banner, the flyer does a far better job. So I understand your confusion

This entire weekend is a Big Red Weekend @ Cdn Tire
And, it’s Triangle Bonus Days at all affiliated chains

From the flyer that I saw on Flipp

Triangle Bonus Days are as follows:
June 7th = Cdn Tire ... TODAY
June 8th = Marks
June 9th = Atmosphere & SportChek

On Bonus Days, one gets 20x the regular Points / CT Money when presenting their Triangle Rewards Card / Keytag
And a coupon for 5 cents a litre in Triangle Points / CT Money when you gas up at a CT Gas+ Location

If you pay with your Cdn Tire Triangle Credit Card on Bonus Days
One gets 30x the regular Points / CT Money
And a coupon for 7 cents a litre in Triangle Points / CT Money when you gas up a CT Gas+ Location

Gas up coupons valid June 7th thru 10th

NOTE... Cdn Tire has said that Cdn Tire Bonus Days Promotions DO STACK with any personal Triangle Rewards Promos / Offers that Collectors have. So be sure and check in with your Triangle Account... and remember to LOAD / ACTIVATE the offers found there. Cause unlike some other Points Programs, if you don’t CHECK THEM OFF... they are not useable. They need to ACTIVATED / LOADED to work
Nov 21, 2009
229 posts
109 upvotes
Moncton
petervk324082 wrote:
I believe it's 30X the base rate. The base rate is 0.4 cents per dollar so 30X would be 12 cents per dollar spent.
May 6, 2010
458 posts
149 upvotes
Ottawa
petervk324082 wrote:
XOMTOR wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 9:16 pm
I believe it's 30X the base rate. The base rate is 0.4 cents per dollar so 30X would be 12 cents per dollar spent.
Correct. I purchased 104.XX using my Triangle Credit card on the 30x day and got 12.XX back in CT cash (shown on the receipt).

Separate question: Does anyone know how filling up at a CT gas station works when you pay with a Triangle Credit Card?
Nov 21, 2009
229 posts
109 upvotes
Moncton
tim.ng07 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 7:43 am

Separate question: Does anyone know how filling up at a CT gas station works when you pay with a Triangle Credit Card?
Triangle MasterCard members get 5 cents back per liter any day of the week whereas Triangle members with just the standard rewards card get anywhere from 3.5-4.5 cents depending on the week (see flyer) and only when paying by cash or debit. At least that's how it works here in NB.
Dec 21, 2007
505 posts
106 upvotes
Scarborough
Question, when it says offers expire on date x, do they expire at midnight that day, or valid until 11:59pm that day? I have offers that expire this Thursday June 14th, and am wondering if that means I'd need to go tonight, or if they would still be valid tomorrow during the day.

Also, has anyone tried to buy things online for pickup? If I did buy tonight online, I assume I could pick up tomorrow or in a few days, with the date charged falling within the period, so I get points?
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
14443 posts
1519 upvotes
Toronto
How much is a single dollar worth in points?

One day, I swear I read the entire literature on their site with absolutely zero mention of how to earn points, in-store.

When they advertise "50X" the points, I'm always going, "50X WHAT?"
"Deal of the Day" addict
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
2925 posts
617 upvotes
Miami
DaVibe wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 10:37 pm

One day, I swear I read the entire literature on their site with absolutely zero mention of how to earn points, in-store.

50x what you'd normally get.

Spend $1, normally earn $0.04 but with 50x you get $2

............I think
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4403 posts
2372 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 10:37 pm

Earn Rate for Triangle Rewards Card Holders is 0.4%, at Cdn Tire Stores and it’s affiliated Brands... Marks, Atmosphere, SportChek

Earn Rate for Triangle Credit Card Holders is 4% at Cdn Tire Stores and it’s affiliated Brands
Plus a few other perks & earn opportunities depending on which CC you have

https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/conten ... 2_18317_en

So if one doesn’t have a CT CC then the best way to earn is to log into ones account regularly to see / load / activate any Personal Offers and also take note of Bonus Promos (10x, 25x, 50x etc)... or CT Gas Specials

The cool thing about CT Triangle Offers is
A) They STACK
B) One CAN Earn & Redeem in the same transaction... just the base rate of earn for dollars Spent happens AFTER redemptions.

Example... I bought an item over $ 200 last week, and redeemed $ 50 against the purchase. I earned points on the pre tax balance AFTER the Redemption... plus I got the Bonus Points on my Personal Offers... one specific to the department I was buying the item from (25x) and a Bottom Line Bonus (Spend $ 125 and Get $ 25 in CT Money)

Lol, cashed in $ 50, and came away with approximately $ 30 more.

Definitely liking this NEW & HIGHLY IMPROVED CT MONEY / TRIANGLE REWARDS PROGRAM
Sep 19, 2009
26 posts
2 upvotes
North Bay, ON Canada
How long did it take for everyone to get offers? I’ve had rewards program for 3 weeks and credit card for 2 weeks and haven’t received any offers. It would be nice if they had offers similar to the optimum program. Definitely makes me shop more.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4403 posts
2372 upvotes
Apex Streaker wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 6:06 pm
How long did it take for everyone to get offers? I’ve had rewards program for 3 weeks and credit card for 2 weeks and haven’t received any offers. It would be nice if they had offers similar to the optimum program. Definitely makes me shop more.
I have had a digital CT Money Account for several years
(Since they were introduced... moved away from paper)
So the rollover to a Triangle Rewards / CT Program was automatic

The Personal Offers showed up immediately

There have been no Personal Offers for the last 10 Days or so, as Cdn Tire had their BIG RED WEEKEND and Triangle Bonus Events (Points multipliers) at all their various affiliated brands ... see my post # 18 farther up this page

I expect to see new Personal Offers roll in probably later tonight or tomorrow for this weekend... history shows they usually show up on a Friday (May 25th ... June 1st was the last one)

(Although it is Fathers Day Weekend... so they may forego for another week... hope not)
Sep 19, 2009
26 posts
2 upvotes
North Bay, ON Canada
Got 10 offers now. Guess I just had to be more patient. Lol
Nov 21, 2009
229 posts
109 upvotes
Moncton
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:25 am
50x what you'd normally get.

Spend $1, normally earn $0.04 but with 50x you get $2

............I think
Actually, the base rate is 0.4 cents ($0.004) per dollar spent so 50X that would be 20 cents per dollar.
Nov 21, 2009
229 posts
109 upvotes
Moncton
PointsHubby wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 7:25 pm
I expect to see new Personal Offers roll in probably later tonight or tomorrow for this weekend... history shows they usually show up on a Friday (May 25th ... June 1st was the last one)

(Although it is Fathers Day Weekend... so they may forego for another week... hope not)
Speaking of personalized offers, I'm not sure how personalized they actually are. My wife applied for a CT Mastercard (joint applications don't seem to be possible) and we called to have my rewards card linked to the MC. Previously, I was getting offers for tools, car stuff, paint, plumbing etc. which is the usual stuff we purchase at CT. This week, it's all house specific like cleaning supplies, kitchen accessories and the like which I'm not sure we've ever bought at CT. It almost seems like the offers are gender specific which in this day and age is pretty backward. Obviously one week with the new card is too early to tell but it'll be interesting to watch moving forward.