Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 1, 2012
457 posts
9 upvotes
TORONTO

Canadian vs Americans

Ebay and ebayclassified seems to have a knack for pissing off Canadians. They keep on flagging my posts in the states on ebay classified (like us kijiji.) I tried a proxy thing in firefox but i think they are on to it. With that account i create an ad but it never appeared live. I talked to ebayclassified support, they seemed to have a thing against Canadians. I pointed out the NAFTA agreement, put they seem to disregard it as if I'm a Nigerian con man. Ironically the service i'm advertising takes paypal, so ebay actually would make money from me posting there.

Got me thinking that the Canada vs US hatred is more real than fiction. Really what do the Americans do for us Canadians? Us, little 35 million population. Paypal (ebay company) of course like to charge us a %2 exchange rate on everything plus their regular fees.

Extradite us to face their corrupt laws.
Export deadly hand guns to Canada.
Tax the hell out of us if Canadian decided to own land in the US, or spend over 121 days there.
Compete with us with ultra low labour rates.
Treat us like criminals if you cross the border or pass through an airport.
Americans have more respect for Mexico than Canada.

As a Canadian do you dislike the Americans mentality in general? Do you think Americans really respect us Canucks?
Share:
36 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
3835 posts
60 upvotes
Unless something new happened I bought something off ebay about 1 year ago, and it was shipping from St.John's NewFoundLand.

I don't know why you think the "Americans" are out to get you anyways. Your problem is with ebay.

You mean random people using ebay are ganging up on you? Maybe they are abusing the service, in which case you should report it to ebay. Nothing about a NAFTA agreement is going to keep people from ganging up on you.
Listening to UkBassRadio NsbRadio ProtonRadio Tosi - TheCrypt

Oh... you must be a better internetter than everyone else. You get paid to be here.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
1052 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
This is typical Canadian mentality.. if nothing goes our way, we blame someone else and take it to another level.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1777 upvotes
right, if you think they do no like us, we should not count on them to defend us, no?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
3835 posts
60 upvotes
silicontraveller wrote:Treat us like criminals if you cross the border or pass through an airport.
I am pretty sure they treat their own people passing through airports like criminals too.

vero95 wrote:right, if you think they do no like us, we should not count on them to defend us, no?
What makes you think they won't invade and take over the alberta oil sands?

In any event, I haven't been to the states for years, but when I've been it's pretty much been hassle free, and friendly people, especially down around the South area, like Georgia and Tennessee. The whole Southern hospitality attitude.
Listening to UkBassRadio NsbRadio ProtonRadio Tosi - TheCrypt

Oh... you must be a better internetter than everyone else. You get paid to be here.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8103 posts
1323 upvotes
London
silicontraveler wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 8:41 am
Ebay and ebayclassified seems to have a knack for pissing off Canadians. They keep on flagging my posts in the states on ebay classified (like us kijiji.)
Kijiji.ca and Kijiji.com both have specific rules against ads run from people outside of their countries.

http://info.kijiji.com/help/knowledgeba ... article=22

http://help.kijiji.net/ca/knowledgebase.php?article=22
Feb 21, 2012
22 posts
DELHI
vero95 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 8:57 am
right, if you think they do no like us, we should not count on them to defend us, no?

Pfft.. Defend us against who?

The only enemies we've made stem from our support of US interests in empire building abroad.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2012
457 posts
9 upvotes
TORONTO
"Kijiji.ca and Kijiji.com both have specific rules against ads run from people outside of their countries. "

That's is my point, it is against Nafta trade agreement and they discriminate against us, this will hardly effect any Americans. If Canadians can't do business in the US that is huge problem.
Americans just don't respect us. Their management is flagging my IP not other users. Craigs list doesn't have a problem with Canadians posting on USA sites, they even allow links!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8103 posts
1323 upvotes
London
silicontraveler wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 9:15 am
"Kijiji.ca and Kijiji.com both have specific rules against ads run from people outside of their countries. "

That's is my point, it is against Nafta trade agreement and they discriminate against us, this will hardly effect any Americans. If Canadians can't do business in the US that is huge problem.
Americans just don't respect us. Their management is flagging my IP not other users. Craigs list doesn't have a problem with Canadians posting on USA sites, they even allow links!
There's a section in Nafta that addresses posting your old Pokemon cards on Kijiji.com?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
2587 posts
1747 upvotes
Kijiji, craigslists, etc. are LOCAL for local classified ads. They are local services. The same way as some large US store chains do not serve Canada from the US since they already have store fronts in Canada (Walmars, Sears, Best Buy, NewEgg, Costco, Hewlett Packard, etc.) Even some canadian stores serve only regional markets. Worse, some canadian wise stores do not sell some products in QC (laptops, computers with English keyboards or English OS, for example) It's got nothing to do with NAFTA or discrimination. It's just marketing, business deals, etc.

Just find an alternative service.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3115 posts
259 upvotes
Aurora
silicontraveler wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 8:41 am
Got me thinking that the Canada vs US hatred is more real than fiction. Really what do the Americans do for us Canadians? Us, little 35 million population. Paypal (ebay company) of course like to charge us a %2 exchange rate on everything plus their regular fees.

Oh god, not another US bashing thread...
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
4432 posts
206 upvotes
MrKap wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 9:02 am
In any event, I haven't been to the states for years, but when I've been it's pretty much been hassle free, and friendly people, especially down around the South area, like Georgia and Tennessee. The whole Southern hospitality attitude.

Cadillac grills, Cadillac mills, check out the oil my Cadillac spills.
Jun 15, 2011
37988 posts
5467 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Oh god. I can see this not going well haha.

However, I have noticed that some or most Americans in non Republican states are very friendly and open minded. Here in Toronto, especially, I find some people are not open, friendly and sometimes rude.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jan 4, 2006
4432 posts
206 upvotes
djemzine wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 9:59 am
Oh god. I can see this not going well haha.

However, I have noticed that some or most Americans in non Republican states are very friendly and open minded. Here in Toronto, especially, I find some people are not open, friendly and sometimes rude.

Contrary to popular belief, Americans are friendlier than Canadians. Compare New York City to Toronto. It's night and day.
Jul 5, 2004
21642 posts
1722 upvotes
kennyhohoho wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 10:22 am
Contrary to popular belief, Americans are friendlier than Canadians. Compare New York City to Toronto. It's night and day.

Agreed. I've been all over North America and the Caribbean and Toronto is the most unfriendly place I've ever been to. That's not me being anti-Toronto either. I grew up in Toronto and still kind of consider it my hometown, but it really is an unfriendly place. NYC is far more friendly.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
× < >