Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CanaKit

Raspberry Pi Zero 6.75 + 12.95 shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2016 3:48 pm
25 replies
Aug 22, 2007
235 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
So frustrating that it's still limited to one board per order. You're paying almost 3x the cost of the board in shipping and you can't even ameliorate it by buying multiple.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2009
1055 posts
603 upvotes
Halifax
I was able to place one plain board, and one board with the power cable and stuff into the same order and it was accepted.
Sep 4, 2014
722 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah shipping kills this but can't find cheaper alternative :(
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1057 posts
530 upvotes
Montreal
I got one from Pimoroni last week.
They are in the UK but their prices are pretty good.

Subtotal : £3.33 GBP
Shipping : £5.50 GBP
Total : £8.83 GBP
Comes out to 14.80$CAD, which is better than Canakit.

Shipping took about a week.

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-zero
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2009
1055 posts
603 upvotes
Halifax
Just got a confirmation of shipment.
Bought one basic Pi Zero and one Pi Zero Starter Kit in the same order.
Jun 26, 2004
514 posts
177 upvotes
Well, I guess one way to look at it is that I can get a Pi 3 and a Pi Zero for the same price as Canakit is charging on amazon just for the Pi 3.
Jan 24, 2010
119 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga
Kynax wrote: I got one from Pimoroni last week.
They are in the UK but their prices are pretty good.

Subtotal : £3.33 GBP
Shipping : £5.50 GBP
Total : £8.83 GBP
Comes out to 14.80$CAD, which is better than Canakit.

Shipping took about a week.

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-zero

I bought my pi zeros from the Pi Hut in England. Total was £9 (shipping incl). They have pretty good variety in cases and adapters.
Sep 20, 2015
256 posts
175 upvotes
The cows are everywh…
Super noob here, can someone provide a brief explanation why someone would choose this over a Pi3? For small projects possibly?
signature removed for being inappropriate
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2462 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Boomhauerr wrote: Super noob here, can someone provide a brief explanation why someone would choose this over a Pi3? For small projects possibly?
+1 on that info. Also what projects are you guys thinking of doing with this? Need ideas.

thanks
I love deals
Feb 5, 2008
790 posts
315 upvotes
CANADA
This is probably the only reason I would buy one:

Nov 29, 2016
14 posts
8 upvotes
geotr wrote: +1 on that info. Also what projects are you guys thinking of doing with this? Need ideas.

thanks
I think the Pi Zero's smaller size and lower power consumption are its main draws.

I just ordered a Pi 3 and 7" touchscreen. My girlfriend and I are going to build a custom digital picture frame for my parents for Christmas. To start with we'll load a bunch of pictures on the microSD card. Since the Pi 3 has wifi, we can also perhaps set it up to display cloud-hosted images.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
Boomhauerr wrote: Super noob here, can someone provide a brief explanation why someone would choose this over a Pi3? For small projects possibly?
Well, the main thing with the Zero is that it's supposed to be an even cheaper version of the Pi. It still is but not quite $5 cheap.

Yeah, you can do smaller projects. It uses even less power (less than a watt while idle, iirc) and is still powerful enough for a lot of things.

Personally, I have no interest in video games so the only thing I can think of using a Pi Zero for would be an OpenVPN server and/or something like a network wide AdBlock solution using PiHole
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver
projectrs2 wrote: This is probably the only reason I would buy one:

I wish someone would sell these pre-made for us noobs. When it comes to glueing to the plastic that's where I freeze.
Banned
Nov 23, 2016
43 posts
47 upvotes
Can it run Android? I'm not familiar with the Pi community, so I don't know what kind of OS it has.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
I paid 16 bucks all in ordering from pimorni
you can run kodi on it and its quite surprising for its little specs. I have used one with just a small nano wifi. All powered thru just the usb port of the tv and used the tv's remote because it supports cec. Its very low powered.

add the 1080p video noir camera module and make your own cctv etc. Lots do that for off site solar battery powered recording.

Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4249 posts
1672 upvotes
Belle River
lead wrote: I paid 16 bucks all in ordering from pimorni
you can run kodi on it and its quite surprising for its little specs. I have used one with just a small nano wifi. All powered thru just the usb port of the tv and used the tv's remote because it supports cec. Its very low powered.

add the 1080p video noir camera module and make your own cctv etc. Lots do that for off site solar battery powered recording.
Any suggestions for Kodi streaming addons that are good for a Pi Zero and/or a Pi 3? I'm guessing some will be super slow on a Zero, but I've also noticed some of the fancier addons or pre-made "builds" are quite slow on a Pi 3 as well.
Feb 5, 2008
790 posts
315 upvotes
CANADA
scoobydoo wrote: I wish someone would sell these pre-made for us noobs. When it comes to glueing to the plastic that's where I freeze.
I'm legit not super handy at all, but I made one using the guide. Was pretty fun, and honestly wasn't hard at all.

Give it a shot.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)