Cell Phones

Cancelling with Bell - what to expect?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 7:55 pm
Nov 25, 2010
115 posts
34 upvotes

Cancelling with Bell - what to expect?

I've had enough with Bell, they are evil, I've never been really happy with them. I'm going with Freedom now that I can unlock my phone.

I expect to pay the remaining device balance
I expect to pay the (prorated) balance on the service I've used at time of cancellation (one month or less)

I don't expect to pay:

Service Cancellation Fee
Service Cancellation Fee Fee
Early Cancellation Fee
Service Termination Fee
Fee for cancelling during a vernal equinox
etc..

Can anyone comment on their experience? I have been with Bell for 13 years and I've read a few cancellation horror stories, thanks!
9 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
There are no early cancellation fees. They did away with that when they switched to 2 year terms.

Good luck with Wind.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
They'll probably do the hard sell trying to keep your business. Once you're firm and tell them you're going for sure, it'll just be the device balance plus your last month's usage, pro-rated. Don't be surprised if they screw up your billing, so keep an eye on that last bill (Bell is GREAT at screwing up billing).
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Unlike Robbers, Bell is not scared of Freedom. If you threaten to switch to Videotron (even if you're in ON), then they might make some loyalty offers.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
abitkt7raid wrote: I've had enough with Bell, they are evil, I've never been really happy with them. I'm going with Freedom now that I can unlock my phone.

I expect to pay the remaining device balance
I expect to pay the (prorated) balance on the service I've used at time of cancellation (one month or less)

I don't expect to pay:

Service Cancellation Fee
Service Cancellation Fee Fee
Early Cancellation Fee
Service Termination Fee
Fee for cancelling during a vernal equinox
etc..

Can anyone comment on their experience? I have been with Bell for 13 years and I've read a few cancellation horror stories, thanks!
When I cancel my bell line and move to virgin paid the device balance only. Now from VirginMobile to FreedomMobile I ported my number yesterday that was my end of billing cycle now waiting for my final bill received lots of loyalty calls yesterday because I still have 1 line in VirginMobile they offer me another $10 off for 12 months from $47 to $37 12 month. Just renew this line last July so device balance still HUGEnot worthy paying it. FreedomMobile works good now LTE starting to pop up near my area iphone 6s and 6s+ getting LTE signal speed is great call still goest to 3g but not thay bad as wind before.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4351 upvotes
Go to Freedom Mobile. Port your number from Bell. Pay the final Bell bill when it is ready. No need to talk to anyone at Bell. Surprisingly, Bell and Virgin Mobile are the best when it comes to final bills. Automatic and instant refunds, unlike the fools at Koodo and TELUS who don't refund unless you contact them.
Last edited by titaniumtux on Dec 9th, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Foul language
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21713 posts
21305 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
I cancelled with Bell and they tried to charge me for a month. Then they charged me later on $30. But got all of that wiped away after I started complaining.
Last edited by titaniumtux on Dec 9th, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Foul language
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
2258 posts
147 upvotes
Mississauga
i'm still on a corporate plan and i been trying to figure out my cancellation fee.
i contacted them so many times about my cancellation fee and every-time i got a different answer.

1) $99 (fixed corp cancel fee)
2) remaining on the phone - may 2018
3) remaining on the phone - may 2019
3) remaining on the phone + service

i HUP in march 2016. somehow screw up my data plan and now my end date is may 2019.

how can i calculate my cancellation fee if they cannot....
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3885 posts
666 upvotes
Have you looked at the $60 plan with Koodo... Service is far superior to freedom
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
DuDe1411 wrote: i'm still on a corporate plan and i been trying to figure out my cancellation fee.
i contacted them so many times about my cancellation fee and every-time i got a different answer.

1) $99 (fixed corp cancel fee)
2) remaining on the phone - may 2018
3) remaining on the phone - may 2019
3) remaining on the phone + service

i HUP in march 2016. somehow screw up my data plan and now my end date is may 2019.

how can i calculate my cancellation fee if they cannot....
Device balance plus any port credits that were given at the time of new activation (not upgrade).
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)