• Nov 11th, 2017 6:43 pm
[OP]
Sep 3, 2013
660 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:23 am
I'm down there all the time for work (& vacation! Haha). I've stayed at 15 resorts there in 2017 alone!

You will love the Paradisus! Beautiful resort - great food - amazing beach ... you won't go wrong. Just stayed there in August. If possible upgrade to an ocean view- awesome views! You are short bus ride/ taxi to the malls if that's your thing.
We got oceanview. :D I can't wait!!!
Jan 27, 2016
153 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto, ON
going to Ocean Riviera Paradise in December, never been to that chain resorts before. Usually a Riu guy, like the mix of people
airmail wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:55 am
Ocean Riveria paradise..the azuls are nice too
Palace chains used to offer credits
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2098 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
CindyG11100528 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:25 pm
Far as I know JW Marriot is not all inclusive. I’ll go to Cancun in January too and I booked Riu Cancún. I considered moon palace too but reviews say the beach there is horrible.
Been there few years back in January for my BDay. Be ready for the very very early sunsets. The sun goes behind the tall hotel building and casts the shadow on the beach. The location there however and hotel itself amazing.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3347 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
Feel free to explore the rest of the Cancun 7 . On windy days my favourite spot I think is Playa Las Perlas. Very relaxing and the water is easy to swim. They have change rooms. Most of the north end of the seven has calmer water, but with less spectacular beaches.

Finding the public access points can be tricky, so study them on Google Streetview befor hand. Although walking along the water is great, some spots become impassable with the tide and the hotels can be jerks when it comes to going through their properties to get back to the road. The busses are very frequent (about $1). You might have to walk a couple hundred metres for the designated bus stop.

http://www.hiddencancun.com/cancun/cancun-beach-list/

Trekking out to Chechenitza (2 hours each way) with a baby is far from ideal, but it would be a shame to miss. Tulum is an other option. Ado bus from downtown or rent a car (or pay for an excursion).

Not sure why a Canadian would go to Cancun to spend the week at an all-inclusive when we have the option of going to Cuba. An all inclusive is a form of communism, so you might as well go to a communist Island (or a rural resort). Cancun is a capitalist paradise where Texans on short hops and Brits on longer hops cohabitate with a few bewildered Canadians. Many food and drink options that cater to all budgets.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada