Off Topic

Cannabis Grow Tent & Equipment Questions / Post your Setup!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 4:06 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1098 posts
327 upvotes
devastata wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 8:21 pm
Thanks for all the info! This was exactly the kind of tips and info I was hoping people would contribute!

A few questions for you:
I've heard alot of people talk about light leaks and I always thought it was more to do with keeping the tent discrete. You mentioned you had to tape them up though now that they're flying. I'm still new to this and wondering why that's a big deal during flowering?

Also for the link you sent for the seeds, on the site it mentions $75 euros. Did you pay $75 euros or canadian dollars?
After switching to your 12/12 Flowering schedule. The light leaks might cause your plants to rethink its suppose to be in a vegetative state/cycle. This causes stress on the plants and possible turn your female plant to become a Hermaphrodite. Producing a weak flower but also producing male parts/seeds. Which if grown will also just sprout another Hermaphrodite plant. This is stuff I have learn during this, my first grow.

The seeds are from Europe and there is a spot at the top right that will allow you to change it to roughly the Canadian dollar equivalent. The shipping is a bit but again the promos going on right now, more than makes up for it
[external link removed]
[OP]
Oct 29, 2006
438 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
Invader Gir wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 9:39 pm
After switching to your 12/12 Flowering schedule. The light leaks might cause your plants to rethink its suppose to be in a vegetative state/cycle. This causes stress on the plants and possible turn your female plant to become a Hermaphrodite. Producing a weak flower but also producing male parts/seeds. Which if grown will also just sprout another Hermaphrodite plant. This is stuff I have learn during this, my first grow.

The seeds are from Europe and there is a spot at the top right that will allow you to change it to roughly the Canadian dollar equivalent. The shipping is a bit but again the promos going on right now, more than makes up for it
Awesome info, this is half the fun of growing... al the info you learn along the way. Just so I have it right, even just a few pin holes during the "12 hours off" can make the plant think its still taking in light?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1098 posts
327 upvotes
I would try your best you can to get them, but a tiny pinhole shouldn’t be bad. I still think some of my seems aren’t completely sealed still on my tent but my dark period is 6pm to 6am and have my tent in the basement. Plus you have outdoor growers who have no issues even with ambient lights from neighbours and streetlights. Now I don’t know if being a tent and artificial lighting is different or not, but safe than sorry
[external link removed]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39686 posts
3742 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
devastata wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 8:02 am
Hey everyone!

With cannabis now legal in canada I've been looking into growing it myself at home. I'm in Ontario which allows you to grow 4 plants at once.

I've been doing a ton of research online but wanted to check here if anyone had some suggestions on reliable brands for equipment.

I'm looking specifically for tents, lighting, fans, carbons filters and anything else you'd recommend.

I'm just starting off so keeping the equipment to the essentials would be ideal.

Also recommendations on nutrients would be helpful.

Thanks!
I approve of this thread!

What strains do you plan on growing?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3790 posts
2803 upvotes
Invader Gir wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 9:39 pm

Lol.. I'm so tempted to buy seeds..... Probably a bad idea as I just starting thinking about growing after reading this thread.

Should I buy a ridiculous amount of seeds for the promo and then worry about my grow setup?

I should probably buy a tent/light before thinking about seeds?

As a first time grower... I probably don't need to start with 16+36 seeds either ?
[OP]
Oct 29, 2006
438 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 12:40 am
I approve of this thread!

What strains do you plan on growing?
Thanks! Got my hand on 3x pink kush seeds and 1x gorilla glue seed.

You guys?
[OP]
Oct 29, 2006
438 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
BeapChastard wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 8:40 pm
Nobody using a space bucket?
Friend is actually trying something similar with a rain barrel! I'll post pics once it's all setup. Hes suck right now on the carbon filter. Theres not many DIYs out there for smaller containers which would require a smaller filter. Anyone have any suggestions that work?
[OP]
Oct 29, 2006
438 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
Invader Gir wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 5:37 pm
I also just purchased more seeds for my next potential grow(s) Great promos/deals right now at Seedsman.com Yesterday they released a Halloween Bundle for any purchase over $75 (which isn’t hard to do) Plus various seed banks also have promos on top of other promos. I think I purchased 16 seeds but I’m getting another 36 seeds for free with the purchase on top of that with the promos. Plus 10% off with code UPA10
Any chance you can post your exact order so we can see how to get this 16+36 seed deal? That would be awesome!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1098 posts
327 upvotes
Looks like I only have 34 free seeds. First thing is, do you want Indica, Hybrid or Sativa plants? I’m an Indica and Hybrid guy. I want the full body effect to help with pain and sleep. Front page has a section for promos with the various breeders they carry. Found my strains and the breeder with the best freebies with purchase. So here is my bill for my order.
4B89A1AF-5864-44DF-B9E7-AEF6D64F989C.png
[external link removed]
[OP]
Oct 29, 2006
438 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
Invader Gir wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 9:30 am
Looks like I only have 34 free seeds. First thing is, do you want Indica, Hybrid or Sativa plants? I’m an Indica and Hybrid guy. I want the full body effect to help with pain and sleep. Front page has a section for promos with the various breeders they carry. Found my strains and the breeder with the best freebies with purchase. So here is my bill for my order.

4B89A1AF-5864-44DF-B9E7-AEF6D64F989C.png
Ah ok that makes sense, I thought it was all that for $75!
Aug 12, 2018
3 posts
Hempdepot.ca has a lot of killer strains for a great price. Plus they are based in Canada with quick delivery times.
[OP]
Oct 29, 2006
438 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
Friend of mine ordered from cropkingseeds.com a few weeks ago as they seem to have an excellent reputation on all the grow forums. Tons of strains and pricing is on point. I like how on each strain they carry they provide a nice straight to the point plant info table with all the main highlights of the strain including flowering time, THC/CBD/CBN levels, expected yields etc... They package their seeds nicely as well!

[OP]
Oct 29, 2006
438 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
Are you guys using plastic or fabric pots?