Off Topic

Cannabis Grow Tent & Equipment Questions / Post your Setup!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 4:06 pm
Tags:
Jan 19, 2003
164 posts
19 upvotes
devastata wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 8:02 am
Hey everyone!

With cannabis now legal in canada I've been looking into growing it myself at home. I'm in Ontario which allows you to grow 4 plants at once.

I've been doing a ton of research online but wanted to check here if anyone had some suggestions on reliable brands for equipment.

I'm looking specifically for tents, lighting, fans, carbons filters and anything else you'd recommend.

I'm just starting off so keeping the equipment to the essentials would be ideal.

Also recommendations on nutrients would be helpful.

Thanks!
Sure thing officer... ;)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39702 posts
3758 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Invader Gir wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 5:16 pm
Well I jarred that first part of my harvest today and they lost a lot of weight. My Black Domina strain which gave me 343g of wet flower in the end dropped down to about 96g of dried flower. Harvested the rest of my Cookie Monster strain (285g) and took down my Gorilla Bomb plant (275g) Also pretty much finished my Purple Bud plant but still had a few small buggers I thought I could grab in a few days and see what they do.

DEFC3061-EC63-4F63-ADF7-FC983F291D12.jpeg
421D8E71-883F-4207-A3AB-E0816EFD15F3.jpeg
I like your curing setup... is that a section for each strain? :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6365 posts
2450 upvotes
Toronto
Invader Gir wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 5:16 pm
Well I jarred that first part of my harvest today and they lost a lot of weight. My Black Domina strain which gave me 343g of wet flower in the end dropped down to about 96g of dried flower. Harvested the rest of my Cookie Monster strain (285g) and took down my Gorilla Bomb plant (275g) Also pretty much finished my Purple Bud plant but still had a few small buggers I thought I could grab in a few days and see what they do.
awesome pics and info but I have to ask, what do you even do with that much bud and how long will it last you? Is this all for your personal use or do you share with your friends and family? Do you run a MOM lol? 7g lasts me literally 1-2 months and I have no idea what I'd do with the amount you've grown here.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3821 posts
2821 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 8:07 pm
awesome pics and info but I have to ask, what do you even do with that much bud and how long will it last you? Is this all for your personal use or do you share with your friends and family? Do you run a MOM lol? 7g lasts me literally 1-2 months and I have no idea what I'd do with the amount you've grown here.
Share with your friends... Tolerance builds real quickly for daily users btw... Most people I know that smoke daily go through 7-14g per week.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6365 posts
2450 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 8:18 pm
Share with your friends... Tolerance builds real quickly for daily users btw... Most people I know that smoke daily go through 7-14g per week.
I'm a daily/nightly toker and ever since I switched to vaping my weed lasts much longer but even when I was rolling and smoking joints every day, 7g would last me at least a few weeks. 7-14g per week is a lot of weed man lol
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1098 posts
327 upvotes
I have a lot of friends/family that I have promised a sample pack too when I said I was going to grow it. Most will be for them and myself. One of the strains (Sensi Star CBD) I grew for my mom cause she wanted to possibly try making a CBD ointment cream, and might need almost the entire haul I grew. My cousin wanted to use some and make some edibles for us and friends as well. I have tried some strains that work for me and others that do not much at all. So my haul could have a few strains that might not do anything for me, while some others do. It’s all experimental at the moment and went on the what the strain were to do for mainly pain, inflammation and sleep. So come Xmas I should be able to try some of my grow as it will be 2 weeks since they started curing in the jars.

Jars are the way to go I read, and just did my setup like what I have seen on the 420magazine forums. Date of cut for drying and the day they were placed in the jar for the start of the curing process. Will be doing another grow in a few weeks when I have harvested and dried my leftover plants. Plus I need to give my whole tent a big wash down because of the mite problem I ran into with this grow. Will be trying some mainlining for this coming grow to hopefully increase everyone’s yield.

Some pics of my buds after a day of curing
Images
  • 37EB905F-32F5-4498-898D-7E60A0F8A146.jpeg
  • 500F2ACC-87B1-4112-8D39-0FA50319951C.jpeg
  • FF3907F8-118E-4945-A81E-456BF5965F2B.jpeg
  • 8D54ADAF-A2D4-42EF-B4B5-B79CAA863851.jpeg
  • 1F18EFC9-9544-42A8-8D0B-2796FD7993F7.jpeg
[external link removed]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6365 posts
2450 upvotes
Toronto
Invader Gir wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 8:41 pm
I have a lot of friends/family that I have promised a sample pack too when I said I was going to grow it. Most will be for them and myself. One of the strains (Sensi Star CBD) I grew for my mom cause she wanted to possibly try making a CBD ointment cream, and might need almost the entire haul I grew. My cousin wanted to use some and make some edibles for us and friends as well. I have tried some strains that work for me and others that do not much at all. So my haul could have a few strains that might not do anything for me, while some others do. It’s all experimental at the moment and went on the what the strain were to do for mainly pain, inflammation and sleep. So come Xmas I should be able to try some of my grow as it will be 2 weeks since they started curing in the jars.

Jars are the way to go I read, and just did my setup like what I have seen on the 420magazine forums. Date of cut for drying and the day they were placed in the jar for the start of the curing process. Will be doing another grow in a few weeks when I have harvested and dried my leftover plants. Plus I need to give my whole tent a big wash down because of the mite problem I ran into with this grow. Will be trying some mainlining for this coming grow to hopefully increase everyone’s yield.

Some pics of my buds after a day of curing
unfortunately no thumbs up in this forum but thanks for sharing your experience, great job with the grow and enjoy
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1098 posts
327 upvotes
Thanks ReeGee

Today’s I jarred my Gorilla Bomb strain and ended with 64g of dried flower in the end. I’m a little upset with this one, as it never got frosty looking like I have seen in many other grows. Again, this is all thanks to my mite issue. Also got just over another ounce of dried Cookie Monster and Purple Bud as well. Tomorrow I will chop the rest of my plants. My Girl Scout Cookies did some weird foxtailing (believe that is what it is called with the new leaf growth that happened) So no idea how that will work once all is chopped, trimmed and dried. Plus I have just some popcorn buds to trim off my Granddaddy Purple and Sensi Star. Should end up with in the end roughly 18-20 ounces for the 7 plants I have.
3859E290-1EC5-40EE-994E-252F818F0B4E.jpeg
6033DCB8-9059-4311-8873-3B4F4450F39D.jpeg
E5F1841C-3C7E-4C4A-B065-EE787447B5A3.jpeg
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1098 posts
327 upvotes
This thread is pretty dead. I thought we would of had more members posting here showing off their setups and grows in progress. Here’s hoping this bump will bring some action back to this thread, but I do have a picture to share of my 2nd grow that I started today. Hoping not to run into the same problems I had with my first and increase my yield with mainlining being my grow method this time around. Will be having wrist surgery in 2 weeks and hope it won’t keep me from attending to my garden needs. Will be in a cast for 6-8 weeks at least and on my dominant hand too. Anyways here’s grow #2 on Day 1
0A648059-1B02-47EC-BFD4-579AC6490CD3.jpeg
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3821 posts
2821 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 11:27 am
That looks like a chocolate brownie with a bean sprput coming out of it!
Lol yeah it did. I put them under lights yesterday and two of them have started developing little tiny leaves.
IMG_20190106_113400.jpg
@Invader Gir you think this little guy will be alright? No sign of leaves yet whereas the other 2 are looking happy.
IMG_20190106_113414.jpg
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1098 posts
327 upvotes
I’m still a newb at this too but I think you’re good. Looks like some of the shell inners are just stuck around the leaves right now and should fall off soon, but would suggest misting it to soften it up. What strain(s) are you growing there?

Happy to say 3 seeds of my new grow have reached past the soil surface, and the other 3 have cracked their shell and are just establishing their taproot.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3821 posts
2821 upvotes
Invader Gir wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 12:55 pm
I’m still a newb at this too but I think you’re good. Looks like some of the shell inners are just stuck around the leaves right now and should fall off soon, but would suggest misting it to soften it up. What strain(s) are you growing there?

Happy to say 3 seeds of my new grow have reached past the soil surface, and the other 3 have cracked their shell and are just establishing their taproot.
I think I may have mixed up the labels during transplant lol... I guess I'll see when they get bigger... Right now I've got 2x OGesus Autos (Expert Seeds) and 1x Girl Scout Cookies Auto (FastBuds) going.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39702 posts
3758 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Invader Gir wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 12:55 pm

superfresh89 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 1:51 pm
I think I may have mixed up the labels during transplant lol... I guess I'll see when they get bigger... Right now I've got 2x OGesus Autos (Expert Seeds) and 1x Girl Scout Cookies Auto (FastBuds) going.

I havent grown yet extensively. So correct me if im wrong.

Buttt. I hear youre suppose to sprout seedling in a little clear dome. It helps trap moisture and humidity to help them sprout.

Would that help?