Off Topic

Cannabis Grow Tent & Equipment Questions / Post your Setup!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 4:06 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3766 posts
2778 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 3:42 pm
I havent grown yet extensively. So correct me if im wrong.

Buttt. I hear youre suppose to sprout seedling in a little clear dome. It helps trap moisture and humidity to help them sprout.

Would that help?
I had them in a rapid rooters, covered with an upside bowl until they popped out of their holes. I transplanted them over just yesterday. Maybe I will put a dome over them like you say.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1097 posts
327 upvotes
Yeah the dome will help. My latest grow I just bought 2 containers from Dollarama and place one overtop and filled the other with the littles pots and poured some water over the soil and in the container to build up the humidity.

Some soak them for almost 24hrs in water and then place on a damp paper towel and cover until the taproot shows and then place in starting pods or final pots to continue growing
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3766 posts
2778 upvotes
The first set of 'pointy' leaves have grown quite a bit in the last 2 days. I ended up misting the one that was trapped in the inner shell and using my fingers to gently remove it - it's a bit smaller than the other two, but has finally exposed its first leaves.

I moved the lights closer (from 36" -> 26") as they seemed to be stretching a bit. I'll probably move it even closer later today.

I'm wondering when it's time to increase the amount of nutrients? I've only watered them once with 1/4 dosage of nutes since moving them into the 5G fabric pots... The Coco still seems damp. Too soon to jump up to 1/2 strength after only 1 feeding?
IMG_20190109_093155.jpg
IMG_20190109_093606.jpg
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1097 posts
327 upvotes
I didn’t do half strength until almost week 3 in. I was watering every 3rd day myself on my first grow. Careful in over watering them too. Only water them when you can press the back of your finger about 2-3 inches into the soil near your plant and not feel any moisture, or so I was told from other growers. I highly suggest setting up an account with 420magazine, start a journal and get help/input from lots of experienced growers
[external link removed]