yea, not acounting for commisions, I would make $100 on the shares and $40 on the call premium.pujols wrote: ↑Nov 8th, 2018 12:06 amWhen you sold the call, you were happy to part with those shares at $10 and collect the premium, correct? If so, it's probably best just to wait it out...if your shares get called away, you will have still sold them for a gain. Things can change quickly so it can be dangerous to chase and buy back the calls now due to FOMO.
I was in the same situation back in early September - I had sold covered calls on APH but started to feel FOMO when it looked like APH was heading back to all time highs...I ended up buying back the calls on a pullback (for a gain) which turned out to be a mistake since the calls ended up expiring worthless anyway. Lesson learned - I had a plan and should have stuck to it!
so i was happy to take that bet.
my question was more if I should buy some more ACB given the surge and if the surge will continue. Another 500 shares on a $1 swing upwards is $500 in a day. could sell some covered calls on that as well for next week as well. so good wins if trend continues. dont mind holding long term either and just selling covered calls routinely to profit.
even the call premium at $40 on a a $900 trade, i mean thats 3% in under 2 weeks. great return.