Investing

Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2019 2:19 pm
Sep 20, 2010
41 posts
9 upvotes
ottawa-gatineau
House 14 was net 864,000 on Aphria, almost 1 million shares traded in last 15 minutes. Weirdest trading day yet on Apha... Hmmm
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
HEXO announces filing of preliminary base shelf prospectus
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/ ... ectus.html

GATINEAU, Quebec, Nov. 09, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HEXO Corp. (“HEXO” or the “Company”) (TSX:HEXO) announced that it has filed a preliminary short form base shelf prospectus with the securities regulatory authorities in each of the provinces and territories of Canada.

The shelf prospectus will enable HEXO to make offerings of up to $800 million of common shares, warrants, subscription receipts and units or a combination thereof of the Company from time to time, separately or together, in amounts, at prices and on terms to be determined based on market conditions at the time of the offering and as set out in an accompanying prospectus supplement, during the 25-month period that the shelf prospectus, when made final, remains valid. The specific terms of any future offering will be established in a prospectus supplement to the shelf prospectus, which supplement will be filed with the applicable Canadian securities regulatory authorities. Unless otherwise specified in the prospectus supplement relating to a particular offering of securities, the net proceeds from any sale of any securities may be used by HEXO for general corporate purposes, including funding ongoing operations and/or working capital requirements, to repay indebtedness from time to time, capital projects and potential future acquisitions, including in relation to international expansion.

A copy of the preliminary short form base shelf prospectus can be found on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
Jan 6, 2015
253 posts
27 upvotes
hebsie wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 6:30 pm

GATINEAU, Quebec, Nov. 09, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HEXO Corp. (“HEXO” or the “Company”) (TSX:HEXO) announced that it has filed a preliminary short form base shelf prospectus with the securities regulatory authorities in each of the provinces and territories of Canada.

The shelf prospectus will enable HEXO to make offerings of up to $800 million of common shares, warrants, subscription receipts and units or a combination thereof of the Company from time to time, separately or together, in amounts, at prices and on terms to be determined based on market conditions at the time of the offering and as set out in an accompanying prospectus supplement, during the 25-month period that the shelf prospectus, when made final, remains valid. The specific terms of any future offering will be established in a prospectus supplement to the shelf prospectus, which supplement will be filed with the applicable Canadian securities regulatory authorities. Unless otherwise specified in the prospectus supplement relating to a particular offering of securities, the net proceeds from any sale of any securities may be used by HEXO for general corporate purposes, including funding ongoing operations and/or working capital requirements, to repay indebtedness from time to time, capital projects and potential future acquisitions, including in relation to international expansion.

A copy of the preliminary short form base shelf prospectus can be found on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
more shares......Disappointed But Relieved Face
more diving? :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
2112 posts
1184 upvotes
reps001 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:08 pm

hebsie wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 6:30 pm
Standard public equity and debt issuer filing of a base shelf every 24 months. Don't jump to conclusions. Have a good weekend.
Last edited by MrMom on Nov 9th, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 26, 2018
2 posts
Toronto
sam123 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2018 10:21 pm
Holding a few thousand shares at .34. I'll hold for a while longer. Seems a good fit. GL
Stock has been consolidating these past couple of weeks. Wondering what you and others think of this distribution deal for Quebec?

https://www.hillstreetbeverages.com/quebecdistribution

Hill Street Signs CDL Inc. as Exclusive Sales Distributor in Quebec

Toronto, Ontario–(Newsfile Corp. – October 25, 2018) – Hill Street Beverage Company Inc. (TSXV: BEER) (“Hill Street” or the “Company“) is pleased to announce it has signed an exclusive regional sales and distribution agreement with Clarke, Drouin, Lefebvre Inc. for the province of Quebec. Hill Street has also settled existing litigation with a prior distributor.

Exclusive Sales and Distribution Agreement with CDL

On October 23, 2018, Hill Street entered into an exclusive regional sales and distribution agreement with Clarke, Drouin, Lefebvre Inc. (“CDL“) for the province of Quebec.

According to Nielsen, Quebec is the largest regional market for alcohol-free wine and beer in Canada, which is driven by higher-than-average per-capita consumption of such products. This new partnership will allow Hill Street to take advantage of this growing demand for world class alcohol-free beverages.

“Making our award-winning wine and beer brands — including Vin(Zero), Vintense, and Hill Street Craft Brewed Lager — readily available in the largest alcohol-free market in Canada is a significant win for our company,” said Terry Donnelly, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hill Street. “Having an experienced local distributor in this market is critical to get our products into Quebec’s unique retail environment of over 3,000 store fronts. Signing this agreement helps move us significantly toward achieving our stated goal of having our award-winning alcohol-free wine and beer brands available in 7,000 stores by the end of the calendar year.”

“Hill Street has built an impressive portfolio of award-winning alcohol-free beverages, which complements the products we currently represent at retail. Joining forces with Hill Street helps our company capitalize on the incredible growth we are seeing in the alcohol-free beverage market,” said Michel Doyon, VP Business Development at CDL.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1476 posts
610 upvotes
GTA
pujols wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 4:25 pm
I've been keeping an eye on the US plays but haven't pulled the trigger on any yet.

I quite like GTII as they are operating in multiple states and have been able to expand so far while managing their costs effectively. I'll wait until the lock-up on all those shares is over before starting a position.

Medmen - not interested for the exact reasons that you laid out. Greedy management. Also spends tons of money on their store fronts = high product pricing
Trulieve - strong financials but are operating primarily in Florida right now - lots of other players are entering Florida so their market dominance will likely be eroded They are making more than Big 3 and to remind everyone only on Medical , shows the strength they have in only one state just to note
IAN/MPX - assuming the merger goes through, they will have an attractive valuation compared to the other big US names but there is also much more execution risk with these guys. IAN has minimal revenues as they are still building out all their stores and MPX, while generating lots of revenues, has pretty ugly financials with high operating costs and a poor capital structure.
CWEB - I know they're a pure CBD play but not too familiar with them otherwise. I think some of the other names listed above have greater expansion/growth potential. Just havent got to grips about CBD plays, I like just MJ for now, maybe i'll come around.

Other names to keep an eye on are Curaleaf (currently the largest operator trading on an exchange) and Acreage which starts trading next week. Ya I saw Acreage getting sued for 400Mill but doubt that will affect the SP , they are another big revenue earner people want to get into
In Canadian MJ I bet on APH out of the big 3 and my horse lost as WEED came out on top, I feel like this same game is coming up and I want to try to make a better/bigger bet on my US horse. What/what to do........ search continues..........
reps001 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:08 pm
Yes
Jan 6, 2015
253 posts
27 upvotes
lilmikey wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:32 pm
In Canadian MJ I bet on APH out of the big 3 and my horse lost as WEED came out on top, I feel like this same game is coming up and I want to try to make a better/bigger bet on my US horse. What/what to do........ search continues..........

Yes
Betting lost.
No US betting anymore.

As long as I sell all my MJ shares, I probably after MJ ETF with low price , need someone take care this sector, I am dead on gambling companies in this sector. :rolleyes:
Dec 31, 2015
446 posts
57 upvotes
I guess house 14 was the ETF buying up APHA towards the end there and why it didn't drop so much and 14 dumped XLY at the end which is why it's down so much. I do remember one of the ETFs was holding CBW (XLY) back then. Guess they no longer hold XLY or as much of it Disappointed But Relieved Face.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
2112 posts
1184 upvotes
IDK when this was posted on their website but no mention of Brad Rogers; however, his LinkedIn profile has not changed FWIW.

Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results Conference Call
CannTrust plans to release its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2018 on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 after market close, and will host a conference call the same day at 5:00 p.m. ET to discuss its third quarter financial results and provide investors with key business highlights. The call will be hosted by Peter Aceto, Chief Executive Officer and Ian Abramowitz, Chief Financial Officer.

CONFERENCE CALL DETAILS
Date: November 14, 2018 | Time: 5:00 p.m. EST
Participant Dial-in: (+1) 416 764 8609 or (+1) 888 390 0605
Conference ID: 84565275
Listen to webcast: https://event.on24.com
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
2112 posts
1184 upvotes
pujols wrote:
Nov 11th, 2018 11:14 pm
The CEO has confirmed on Twitter. I would think that something like this would have warranted a news release - it seems disappointing that investors have to find out through an email exchange with IR being posted online.
Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)