Investing

Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 5:25 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5106 posts
530 upvotes
Man who would've thought APHA is a scam!
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
1xTiMeR wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 4:10 pm
Man who would've thought APHA is a scam!
Not a scam, it's just their stock price is vertically challenged
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5106 posts
530 upvotes
APHA executives should be buying more today... What gives?!
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49201 posts
14546 upvotes
What is their average cost anyway?

Might as well purchase a few ten thousand to provide inexpensive conviction.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11434 posts
14707 upvotes
How low can APHA go? Yesterday, it lost 27% in value, today, another 21%. That is a lost of nearly 50% in 2 days. At this rate it will be down to zero next week.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1548 posts
1648 upvotes
Toronto
LonesomeDove wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 4:31 pm
How low can APHA go? Yesterday, it lost 27% in value, today, another 21%. That is a lost of nearly 50% in 2 days. At this rate it will be down to zero next week.
well as of today, cannacord genuity thinks its worth $12.90 just on canadian assets...thats more than a double right now.

the stock was $17 a month ago.... the short attack was timed perfectly and dow down almost 800 points and nasdaq down 4% doesnt help this week.....

Aug 26, 2011
309 posts
89 upvotes
joepipe wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:07 pm
well as of today, cannacord genuity thinks its worth $12.90 just on canadian assets...thats more than a double right now.

the stock was $17 a month ago.... the short attack was timed perfectly and dow down almost 800 points and nasdaq down 4% doesnt help this week.....
Why did Aphria run up at all during the lead up to legalization?

1. It rode the wave, but a move from 8$ to 22$ on a wave is not sustainable and doesn't mean they deserve that share price again.

2. Constellations made the ENTIRE SECTOR pop investing 5B in Canopy with warrants to give Canopy another 5B down the road. Aphria ran almost 40% on this news, for no reason. Time to give those gains back.

3. Altria Rumor. Just a rumour and it was what finally sent them 20$+. Altria in talks to acquire Cronos right now. Time to give those gains back.

All in all, APH should have never been over 10$. And has no real reason to head back there, yet.
Koodo 6GB/40$ :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5139 posts
791 upvotes
MadmanKillEmAll wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:19 pm

1. It rode the wave, but a move from 8$ to 22$ on a wave is not sustainable and doesn't mean they deserve that share price again.

2. Constellations made the ENTIRE SECTOR pop investing 5B in Canopy with warrants to give Canopy another 5B down the road. Aphria ran almost 40% on this news, for no reason. Time to give those gains back.

3. Altria Rumor. Just a rumour and it was what finally sent them 20$+. Altria in talks to acquire Cronos right now. Time to give those gains back.

All in all, APH should have never been over 10$. And has no real reason to head back there, yet.
So why didn't you short it?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1548 posts
1648 upvotes
Toronto
MadmanKillEmAll wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:19 pm

if APH shouldnt be over $10 then Tilray and Aurora should be 75% less than what they are right now too.....especially tilray at $9 billon
right now which is an absolute joke.....APH is at $1.5 billion right now with better production numbers,...

You cant say just Aphria was overpriced at $20....
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCannalysts/ ... h=bac22608

Hey Community.

I am on vacation, but if you follow me I usually hold off for a day or two (unless fins) to digest news before replying. Collect facts and data. Analyze. Then comment.

So despite being on vacation, you weren’t getting much from me yesterday. And quite frankly for the rest of the week I am not focussed on cannabis. So this will be it.

I read the short report and I added about 10% yesterday. Had to sell some positions as I didn’t bring my transfer key/fob with me. Would it have been more. Probably, but that is just words since I couldn’t pull the trigger.

A lot of you are emotional. And rightfully so.

I waited until close and reached out to Vic. He always told me to hold him accountable, and after that wet fart of a rebuttal I told him I found it VERY insufficient. And after the poor press management on NUU I let him know that I expected them to react better.

He indicated they were pulling something more comprehensive together.

I didn’t press him for more. But I did tell him Andy wasn’t doing them any favours. (The “goat ****” comment was humorous but undignified).

When will a more fulsome reply come out? The sooner the better.

I can say that I have known Carl for almost two decades. His character and his due diligence have been demonstrated to me long before he was at Aphria. His disclosure on financials isn’t a guy hiding stuff.

Vic I have known less. But a CEO telling me to hold him accountable and replying quickly when I do, is something I can work with.

Cole I have become very fond of. He is authentic and he is earnest in his desire to elevate the community of Leamington and shareholders.

John I am getting to know, and he went out of his way when we were touring Diamond on a Sunday to pop his head in to answer Q’s of us and the mods touring.

Jakob and Christelle are no nonsense professionals. Both with deep professional backgrounds. Both are not strangers to due diligence.

What I am getting at is these are people that face up in good times and bad. It is easy to do in good times. But it is in tough times they should be measured.

I have often said “Aphria does the hard things well and the easy things poorly”.

How I feel should have ZERO bearing on your investments. I am a numbers guy. There are few numbers in this story. Lots of conjecture with mitigating language to avoid being sued. That is purposeful.

Aphria should be able to address some of the fact based conjecture.

There are bugs in Aphria 1 as they use beneficial bugs to manage the bad bugs. There is mold. If there are plants, soil and humidity you get that. You manage it.

Disgruntled unnamed employees. Easy enough to find.

I haven’t visited the LatAm Assets so I will not speak to them. The NUU Assets is a dead horse that is still waiting on Germany to see if there is any redemption for the amount of $ spent.

But the crew that has slaved to build a huge facility to scale doesn’t strike me as one that will throw money around on new investments frivolously. It is out of their financial character and it is out of their personal character. The latter is a personal opinion. The former is not. It has been demonstrated.

I am hoping they have learned from NUU and do a better job with the management of this crisis.

I, like many of you, am waiting for that.

I think there response to this will be a referendum on Vic’s leadership. Rightly or wrongly. He will be held accountable.

Let’s see what the rest of the week brings.

BTW... new US listings shorted: Cronos, ACB, Tilray and now Aphria. Welcome to the big leagues.

GoBlue
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5139 posts
791 upvotes
What I don't understand is why would Aph do this when they were lined up to be extremely successful? Greed? No care?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6548 posts
5431 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
hebsie wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:30 pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCannalysts/ ... h=bac22608

Hey Community.

I am on vacation, but if you follow me I usually hold off for a day or two (unless fins) to digest news before replying. Collect facts and data. Analyze. Then comment.

So despite being on vacation, you weren’t getting much from me yesterday. And quite frankly for the rest of the week I am not focussed on cannabis. So this will be it.

I read the short report and I added about 10% yesterday. Had to sell some positions as I didn’t bring my transfer key/fob with me. Would it have been more. Probably, but that is just words since I couldn’t pull the trigger.

A lot of you are emotional. And rightfully so.

I waited until close and reached out to Vic. He always told me to hold him accountable, and after that wet fart of a rebuttal I told him I found it VERY insufficient. And after the poor press management on NUU I let him know that I expected them to react better.

He indicated they were pulling something more comprehensive together.

I didn’t press him for more. But I did tell him Andy wasn’t doing them any favours. (The “goat ****” comment was humorous but undignified).

When will a more fulsome reply come out? The sooner the better.

I can say that I have known Carl for almost two decades. His character and his due diligence have been demonstrated to me long before he was at Aphria. His disclosure on financials isn’t a guy hiding stuff.

Vic I have known less. But a CEO telling me to hold him accountable and replying quickly when I do, is something I can work with.

Cole I have become very fond of. He is authentic and he is earnest in his desire to elevate the community of Leamington and shareholders.

John I am getting to know, and he went out of his way when we were touring Diamond on a Sunday to pop his head in to answer Q’s of us and the mods touring.

Jakob and Christelle are no nonsense professionals. Both with deep professional backgrounds. Both are not strangers to due diligence.

What I am getting at is these are people that face up in good times and bad. It is easy to do in good times. But it is in tough times they should be measured.

I have often said “Aphria does the hard things well and the easy things poorly”.

How I feel should have ZERO bearing on your investments. I am a numbers guy. There are few numbers in this story. Lots of conjecture with mitigating language to avoid being sued. That is purposeful.

Aphria should be able to address some of the fact based conjecture.

There are bugs in Aphria 1 as they use beneficial bugs to manage the bad bugs. There is mold. If there are plants, soil and humidity you get that. You manage it.

Disgruntled unnamed employees. Easy enough to find.

I haven’t visited the LatAm Assets so I will not speak to them. The NUU Assets is a dead horse that is still waiting on Germany to see if there is any redemption for the amount of $ spent.

But the crew that has slaved to build a huge facility to scale doesn’t strike me as one that will throw money around on new investments frivolously. It is out of their financial character and it is out of their personal character. The latter is a personal opinion. The former is not. It has been demonstrated.

I am hoping they have learned from NUU and do a better job with the management of this crisis.

I, like many of you, am waiting for that.

I think there response to this will be a referendum on Vic’s leadership. Rightly or wrongly. He will be held accountable.

Let’s see what the rest of the week brings.

BTW... new US listings shorted: Cronos, ACB, Tilray and now Aphria. Welcome to the big leagues.

GoBlue
That guy posing as an arms length investor has already been debunked as Donald Craig Wiggins... a former client or service provider of Vic and Carl while at Reko International. Saying he “knows” Vic is just well...deceptive. See attached.

That he poses as some average outside investor I find even more damaging to Aphrias credibility at this point and adding fuel to the fire.
Images
  • 28C5023B-3ECC-48F7-9098-F7564ECD4804.jpeg
Last edited by cartfan123 on Dec 4th, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6548 posts
5431 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
joepipe wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:07 pm

Lol, a Canacrap report which even they cut their price by $6.50. If there wasn’t anything to this why cut the target?
baz5 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:26 pm
So why didn't you short it?
As a retail investor have you ever tried to get borrow on a stock such as this?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1548 posts
1648 upvotes
Toronto
baz5 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:32 pm
What I don't understand is why would Aph do this when they were lined up to be extremely successful? Greed? No care?
do what? so far there is no proof of anything illegal , the short seller just through a bunch of allegations on a pdf and it worked... the market bought it and the
weak hands and stop losses have been hit for 2 days...... they might as well have thrown in that Vic stole a car last night....arrest him!

I would be SHOCKED if VIc knowingly did something ILLEGAL that he knew if caught would tank the company and put him in Jail for fraud....

I know anything is possible, but just saying I would be absolutely shocked given his background from Jamison vitamins....and Diageo CFO hiring....
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
cartfan123 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:53 pm
That guy posing as an arms length investor has already been debunked as Donald Craig Wiggins... a former client or service provider of Vic and Carl while at Reko International. Saying he “knows” Vic is just well...deceptive. See attached.

That he poses as some average outside investor I find even more damaging to Aphrias credibility at this point and adding fuel to the fire.
Everybody on Reddit knows he's a paid shill for APHA. The whole Cannalysts site is basically a shrine to them

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Penrose