Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2300 posts
1041 upvotes
ontario
zaidyboy wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 3:06 pm
Namaste getting rocked as well :(
i dont see them surviving? especially with shopper's involved in the retail medical side of things.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4657 posts
2265 upvotes
Northside
esoxhntr wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 3:07 pm
i dont see them surviving? especially with shopper's involved in the retail medical side of things.
I would have to disagree. Yes Shoppers is a big name but would consumers really want to go to Shoppers for cannabis? Maybe.

With pineapple express (sameday delivery), NamasteMD app and ofcourse Cannmart purchasing Budz2go, I think Namaste still has a chance to do very well. They've also constructed themselves to enter the global market. Namaste has potential but I would like to see them part with their CEO. He's very energetic and all but VERY immature. I can also see Namaste as a potential takeover target.

Disclaimer: I own Namaste shares at an avg of $1.25
Aug 15, 2003
679 posts
363 upvotes
Market can't hold a bounce. Let's see what the next
couple of days bring. Might be time to go all cash.
Apr 4, 2010
491 posts
115 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 3:17 pm
I would have to disagree. Yes Shoppers is a big name but would consumers really want to go to Shoppers for cannabis? Maybe.

With pineapple express (sameday delivery), NamasteMD app and ofcourse Cannmart purchasing Budz2go, I think Namaste still has a chance to do very well. They've also constructed themselves to enter the global market. Namaste has potential but I would like to see them part with their CEO. He's very energetic and all but VERY immature. I can also see Namaste as a potential takeover target.

Disclaimer: I own Namaste shares at an avg of $1.25
Also Shoppers is known to have inflated prices compared to other places. Don't know if they will do the same to the price of MJ.

Disclaimer: No shares but watching for an entry.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1863 upvotes
Ontario
Hardly gonna be a leader, but....

Aleafia Health Inc. to Acquire Emblem Corp. to Create New Medical Cannabis Leader
http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2 ... eader.html

TORONTO, Dec. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aleafia Health Inc. (TSXV: ALEF) (“Aleafia” or the “Company”) and Emblem Corp. (TSXV: EMC, OTCQX: EMMBF) (“Emblem”) are pleased to announce that they have entered into a definitive agreement (the “Agreement”) under which Aleafia will acquire, by way of a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act, all of Emblem’s issued and outstanding common shares in an all-share transaction currently valued at approximately $173.2 Million (the “Transaction”).

The Agreement calls for Emblem shareholders to receive 0.8377 of an Aleafia common share (each whole share, an “Aleafia Share”) in exchange for each Emblem common share (each, an “Emblem Share”), representing the equivalent of $1.21 per Emblem Share and a premium of 27.0% based on the closing prices of Aleafia and Emblem Shares on the TSX Venture Exchange (“TSXV”) on December 18, 2018. When the Transaction is completed, it is expected that existing Aleafia and Emblem shareholders will own approximately 59.0% and 41.0% of Aleafia, respectively, on a fully diluted in-the-money basis. The Transaction has been unanimously approved by Emblem’s Special Committee and Board of Directors.
Nov 5, 2003
202 posts
33 upvotes
hebsie wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 6:39 am

Aleafia Health Inc. to Acquire Emblem Corp. to Create New Medical Cannabis Leader

TORONTO, Dec. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aleafia Health Inc. (TSXV: ALEF) (“Aleafia” or the “Company”) and Emblem Corp. (TSXV: EMC, OTCQX: EMMBF) (“Emblem”) are pleased to announce that they have entered into a definitive agreement (the “Agreement”) under which Aleafia will acquire, by way of a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act, all of Emblem’s issued and outstanding common shares in an all-share transaction currently valued at approximately $173.2 Million (the “Transaction”).

The Agreement calls for Emblem shareholders to receive 0.8377 of an Aleafia common share (each whole share, an “Aleafia Share”) in exchange for each Emblem common share (each, an “Emblem Share”), representing the equivalent of $1.21 per Emblem Share and a premium of 27.0% based on the closing prices of Aleafia and Emblem Shares on the TSX Venture Exchange (“TSXV”) on December 18, 2018. When the Transaction is completed, it is expected that existing Aleafia and Emblem shareholders will own approximately 59.0% and 41.0% of Aleafia, respectively, on a fully diluted in-the-money basis. The Transaction has been unanimously approved by Emblem’s Special Committee and Board of Directors.
at least I can lock in my lossess....
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1863 upvotes
Ontario
momack wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 7:33 am
at least I can lock in my lossess....
I always felt there was this weird circle/connection between Emblem, Aphria, and Aleafia

Perhaps one link just got closed, or one more shell just got moved!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3578 posts
1375 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hebsie wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 6:39 am

I donno.

I think that's a great deal for both.

I'm in at 1.50 on EMC and wanted to average down at a buck Jan 1.

I think the medical side outside of Canada will still flourish. And medical cannabis will move first and foremost.

I also like these small cap plays as right now, playing a premium for a brand where there is no shelf space to fight over makes more sense

Either way, glad to see I am 27% to break even on 1 of my plays.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
14382 posts
228 upvotes
I think I might sell off My shares of N as a tax loss selling strategy.

I don’t see it recovering anytime soon.

What do you guys think?
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Aug 15, 2003
679 posts
363 upvotes
JayTee1 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 10:30 am
I think I might sell off My shares of N as a tax loss selling strategy.

I don’t see it recovering anytime soon.

What do you guys think?
If you have to pay tax on gains this year, that's a no brainer. Keep in mind you'll have to wait a month to buy back if you want back in.
Aug 15, 2003
679 posts
363 upvotes
Market solidly green and green stocks solidly red are not good signs for the next selloff. I'm still thinking there will be a nice bounce into mid January, but still gotta keep an eye on managing risk and be nimble.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
51225 posts
15859 upvotes
When is the last day for tax loss selling? Is it on the 28th with T+2 settlement?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13377 posts
2709 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Oh God TGOD. Hope it doesn't hit my stop loss limit and bounce back this afternoon.