1xTiMeR wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 2:53 pm
https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php? ... er-at-CIBC

$20 TAG ON CRON!
Cannabis: The Beginning Of A Global Seismic Shift
Initiating Coverage On Canopy Growth, Cronos, Aphria
January 17, 2019

Our Conclusion

Investors rarely get to witness the birth of an industry. Such historic events include the gold rush, inventions of the automobile and aircraft, and the internet. In most instances, investors rush to pour capital into the sector, and while the industries develop, very few companies live up to their lofty expectations. We expect cannabis to follow this course. Dozens of small/medium-sized firms will likely earn moderate revenues and earnings, but our view is that only a handful will come to dominate the global market. We believe Canopy and Cronos are likely to be two of those winners; meanwhile, we view Aphria as a manufacturing and automation expert, but believe concerns about capital allocation and corporate governance could deter investors.

Effective January 17, we initiate coverage of Canopy Growth with an Outperformer rating and $65 price target; Cronos Group, with an Outperformer rating and $22 price target; and Aphria, with a Neutral rating and $10 price target.

Implications

Our investment preference points us toward the Canopy ecosystem (both Growth and Rivers) as well as Cronos, mostly for one reason: best-in-class management. We believe the actions and visions of each of these management teams stand above the rest of the field. This has been reinforced by significant investments from outside firms, including beverage alcohol (Constellation Brands/Canopy) and tobacco (Altria/Cronos). Our view is that the strategies deployed by these companies combined with their strong balance sheets make these companies the most likely to attain the status of industry titan.

As for Aphria, the debate over the value of its international assets, as well as corporate governance concerns, have obscured the value of the company's quality domestic assets, cultivation expertise, and national distribution capabilities. In our opinion, the concerns about corporate governance and, more importantly, capital allocation are not without some validity and are enough to leave us on the sideline when it comes to Aphria stock.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
2310 posts
1319 upvotes
OutsideYourWorld wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:26 am
So in still learning a tonne. What are notes? And do those holding acb stock get these?
Look up "Convertible Bonds" for your weekend reading
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9760 posts
1214 upvotes
Toronto
Ramblings wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:38 am
HEXO has had quite the run in 2019...
Sold my HEXO today as I can see it pulling back pretty hard pretty quickly like it did last time.

Will probably buy back in with $5000 on ACB again.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1018 posts
175 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Trump to make major announcement tomorrow at 3 p.m. from WH
Jul 27, 2015
580 posts
193 upvotes
British Columbia
XtremeModder wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 5:30 pm
Sold my HEXO today as I can see it pulling back pretty hard pretty quickly like it did last time.

Good idea. I would do the same with Hexo. Unfortunately. Im still in the Red for hexo.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9760 posts
1214 upvotes
Toronto
chilli604 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 8:12 pm
Good idea. I would do the same with Hexo. Unfortunately. Im still in the Red for hexo.
What price did you buy in at? I had 440 shares at $6.45
Jul 27, 2015
580 posts
193 upvotes
British Columbia
XtremeModder wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 8:52 pm
What price did you buy in at? I had 440 shares at $6.45
I was at work and wasnt paying attention.

I bought in at 8 bucks. LoL.
Could have gotten it for 5 bucks.
Ughhhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9760 posts
1214 upvotes
Toronto
chilli604 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 8:56 pm
I was at work and wasnt paying attention.

I bought in at 8 bucks. LoL.
Could have gotten it for 5 bucks.
Ughhhh
Ouch. It'll get back there in time. I'll buy back in for sure either way. Just waiting to see what Monday is going to bring

This is the one positive to working afternoons, I can still buy / sell up to about 2:50pm
Mar 24, 2011
567 posts
74 upvotes
Vancouver
I wish APHA would start moving towards green, still down over 40%. CWEB n HEXO are doing well. ACB n TRST are laggards though.
Jul 27, 2015
580 posts
193 upvotes
British Columbia
XtremeModder wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 9:20 pm
Ouch. It'll get back there in time. I'll buy back in for sure either way. Just waiting to see what Monday is going to bring

This is the one positive to working afternoons, I can still buy / sell up to about 2:50pm
Im gonna assume like the other stocks that got uplisted. Gonna be a pull back.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
2310 posts
1319 upvotes
MrMom wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:47 am
Saw this on HEXO yesterday. Confirmation today, https://invst.ly/9tlk2
This explains part of the move higher.

GATINEAU, Quebec, Jan. 17, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HEXO Corp. (“HEXO” or the “Company”) (TSX:HEXO) is pleased to announce that its common shares have been approved for listing on the NYSE American LLC ("NYSE American") and will commence trading effective at the open of markets on January 23, 2019.

HEXO’s shares will trade on the NYSE American under the ticker symbol “HEXO”, the same symbol the Company’s common shares currently trade under, and will continue to trade under, on the Toronto Stock Exchange.

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2 ... rican.html
Banned
Sep 19, 2018
102 posts
28 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 5:30 pm

can you elaborate please? what were you referring to "last time"?
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49337 posts
14597 upvotes
First time this thread is silent early morning. :)

Keep warm everyone.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

all4one4u, momack