Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1751 posts
769 upvotes
GTA
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:45 am
Seems to like 10.15
Its RSI is very oversold (monthly, weekly and daily), but like when will it bounce is the question.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
51242 posts
15880 upvotes
One guy on ceo just told a channel he bought CGC / WEED at 50c in 2016 and sold last year at $76.

Self-made millionaire especially if in a TFSA account lol.

Very inspirational buy and hold strategy.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1702 posts
1760 upvotes
Toronto
lilmikey wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:48 am
Its RSI is very oversold (monthly, weekly and daily), but like when will it bounce is the question.
theres some folks on twitter saying its a raging buy right now, trading at book value ....

APHA smells like a retail shakeout / stop loss thing right now after the ER which was really nothing bad or good .... it does seem very oversold

if they ever announce a partner like Diageo , etc. it could rip 50% in a week....some are debating the GGB cancellation was accelerated because there is another deal
that is gonna be announced soon....if that happens shorts will get roasted

Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1751 posts
769 upvotes
GTA
joepipe wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:57 am
theres some folks on twitter saying its a raging buy right now, trading at book value ....

APHA smells like a retail shakeout / stop loss thing right now after the ER which was really nothing bad or good .... it does seem very oversold

if they ever announce a partner like Diageo , etc. it could rip 50% in a week....some are debating the GGB cancellation was accelerated because there is another deal
that is gonna be announced soon....if that happens shorts will get roasted

thanks for the info, I may enter shortly with a stoploss at 10.07
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1702 posts
1760 upvotes
Toronto
lilmikey wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 12:27 pm
thanks for the info, I may enter shortly with a stoploss at 10.07
also GGB had 3 million APHA shares to sell I believe from the cancellation of the deal , so that could be affecting the stock these last few days , and people selling because they thought
the GGB share sale will temporarily knock down the price ....

the stock was holding around 11.50 after the ER and then suddenly it plopped for 2 days straight, so maybe the events above started to unfold

either way its trading at book value which is ridiculous , no P/E multiple like acb or weed....

Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5279 posts
945 upvotes
Bought 600 shares of HMUS. I haven't been following weed stocks since legalization but I'm hoping they take off like Canada did. I don't feel like following close to ETF works for me.
Jan 16, 2011
668 posts
151 upvotes
Out There!!!!
alanbrenton wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:55 am
One guy on ceo just told a channel he bought CGC / WEED at 50c in 2016 and sold last year at $76.

Self-made millionaire especially if in a TFSA account lol.

Very inspirational buy and hold strategy.
CGC never was as low as .50 in 2016. I bought 1000 shares @ 2.90 in 2016. Sold half @ $70.00

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... gKClKgo2:0
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
51242 posts
15880 upvotes
superlink wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 10:56 am
CGC never was as low as .50 in 2016. I bought 1000 shares @ 2.90 in 2016. Sold half @ $70.00

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... gKClKgo2:0
Lol you are right. He probably fibbed his profits so much so his wife was ok for him to retire lol. Or maybe he bought 200 call option contracts.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/250429 ... ana-market
Mar 16, 2018
447 posts
430 upvotes
Hamilton
Thoughts on Horizon's "passive" HMUS vs Evolve's "active" USMJ? I've been looking to put 5% of my portfolio in the American cannabis market. Horizon's 0.85% management fee seems pretty exorbitant for a passive index tracker, but I'm very interested in revenue from their securities lending in HMMJ.
Freedom Mobile Everywhere 50
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
2912 posts
1884 upvotes
"CannTrust Announces Public Offering of Common Shares"
Apr 22, 2019, 06:56 ET

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 35521.html

... announced today that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of an aggregate US$200 million common shares, which contemplates approximately 85% of the common shares to be sold in the offering by the Company and approximately 15% of the common shares to be sold in the offering by certain shareholders (the "Selling Shareholders"). In connection with the offering, the Company and the Selling Shareholders expect to grant to the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 15% of the number of common shares sold in the offering.

The offering is expected to be priced in the context of the market, with the final terms of the offering to be determined at the time of pricing. ...

use the net proceeds of the offering for general corporate purposes, including cultivation and facility expansion, expanded outdoor growing, international expansion, enhanced extraction capacity, upgrades for GMP Certification and biosynthesis development.

BofA Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC and RBC Capital Markets are acting as lead book-running managers for the offering. Jefferies LLC and Canaccord Genuity LLC are also acting as book-running managers.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3914 posts
652 upvotes
MrMom wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 8:19 am
"CannTrust Announces Public Offering of Common Shares"
Apr 22, 2019, 06:56 ET

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 35521.html

... announced today that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of an aggregate US$200 million common shares, which contemplates approximately 85% of the common shares to be sold in the offering by the Company and approximately 15% of the common shares to be sold in the offering by certain shareholders (the "Selling Shareholders"). In connection with the offering, the Company and the Selling Shareholders expect to grant to the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 15% of the number of common shares sold in the offering.

The offering is expected to be priced in the context of the market, with the final terms of the offering to be determined at the time of pricing. ...

use the net proceeds of the offering for general corporate purposes, including cultivation and facility expansion, expanded outdoor growing, international expansion, enhanced extraction capacity, upgrades for GMP Certification and biosynthesis development.

BofA Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC and RBC Capital Markets are acting as lead book-running managers for the offering. Jefferies LLC and Canaccord Genuity LLC are also acting as book-running managers.
Very new to investing . How do I buy the canntrust stock when it comes our ? I have a Scotiabank I trade account .
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
2912 posts
1884 upvotes
@pfbmgd There will be a "selling group" below the "bookrunners" level. Scotia will either have some direct involvement in the selling group or will be able to call a member of the syndicate to purchase shares on your behalf if you are interested. Call Scotia. TRST/CTST also already trades on the secondary markets. If you choose to buy in the secondary market, your risk is that you do not know what "in the context of the market" price will be as that will be driven by the large orders.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

coolkecool, crustydragon, 1xTiMeR