Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2019 5:15 pm
Jun 14, 2017
649 posts
521 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 9:57 am
Yeah, no idea really. Just be comfortable with what you have. I know I'm maxed out of comfort already, so just let it sit.
Very true indeed. One can predict price movement based on charting technical data and knowing the ins and outs of a company but massive price fluctuations are mostly hard to predict since we are not the market makers and the uncertainty of the Senate approval hinders the advancement as well. I might just hibernate until january and check back in with you guys then.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4780 posts
497 upvotes
damnit i just got my questrade account ready this morning and i tried to buy GLH at market at 0.3 but questrade says the transaction is not valid? I had to choose a limit on the price before it let me purchase? This is through the self directed TFSA.

Do i have to open a margin account to instant trade at market price? Or is it because the price is fluctuating so fast it didn't work?
Last edited by azncapcom on Nov 30th, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1009 posts
204 upvotes
White Comet wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:16 am
Whoever bought yesterday at close or this morning within 5 mins of open is making a killing
Agreed, the volatility and volume of trades at opening can be a blessing at times Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42502 posts
3130 upvotes
Richmond Hill
White Comet wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:16 am
Whoever bought yesterday at close or this morning within 5 mins of open is making a killing
I was considering but I didn't have balls of steel. To be honest I'm happier to see it recover than be able to pick up at this morning's price...
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1386 posts
463 upvotes
London
MJISGOAT wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:14 am
Very true indeed. One can predict price movement based on charting technical data and knowing the ins and outs of a company but massive price fluctuations are mostly hard to predict since we are not the market makers and the uncertainty of the Senate approval hinders the advancement as well. I might just hibernate until january and check back in with you guys then.
but...we'll miss you :(
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1863 upvotes
Ontario
I put in a limit order for 3000 shares of N at $.80 shortly after opening

Price moved too fast and I only got 1000 of 3000 filled. It's now trading at >.90 so I'm hoping for a mid-morning drop, I'd like to fill my order and continue my shopping trip.

Cheers to all you future dot.bong millionaires!

edit...are things just starting to correct back ?!? ....< gets out check book >....
Jun 14, 2017
649 posts
521 upvotes
Drakestar wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:26 am
but...we'll miss you :(
Nothing much more that I can add. I am not a day trader so I'll be holding my buys at least until legalization next year. I generally don't like to say this but I am going for the homerun and I am willing to risk all of my current gains. People might think that I'm crazy but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. These are the stocks that I'm currently holding and will continue to buy into if more dips are coming.

Aph
MYM
ISOL
BE
PUF
GLH
N
Sep 15, 2006
828 posts
264 upvotes
Ottawa
azncapcom wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:21 am
damnit i just got my questrade account ready this morning and i tried to buy GLH at market at 0.3 but questrade says the transaction is not valid? I had to choose a limit on the price before it let me purchase? This is through the self directed TFSA.

Do i have to open a margin account to instant trade at market price? Or is it because the price is fluctuating so fast it didn't work?
I had the same issue when I placed my first order, I quickly figured it out though. You do have to place your limit on the buy and how many shares. I set my limit and time to day. I didn't get the entire order filled though, so set your limit price and let it ride until it gets filled. I use a self directed TFSA as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4780 posts
497 upvotes
engman13 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:53 am
I had the same issue when I placed my first order, I quickly figured it out though. You do have to place your limit on the buy and how many shares. I set my limit and time to day. I didn't get the entire order filled though, so set your limit price and let it ride until it gets filled. I use a self directed TFSA as well.
so what happens when you get partial order fills? Say i put 5000 shares but only 2000 gets filled at the limit price. Can I cancel the other 3000 and buy at a different price? or does that cancel the whole order of 5000?
Sep 15, 2006
828 posts
264 upvotes
Ottawa
azncapcom wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:58 am
so what happens when you get partial order fills? Say i put 5000 shares but only 2000 gets filled at the limit price. Can I cancel the other 3000 and buy at a different price? or does that cancel the whole order of 5000?
Good question, I did it near the end of the day so I just figured it got cancelled. I made an order for 2500 shares but only 2000 got filled. I didn't see any record of the other 500 in my account, just listed as partial fill. Maybe someone with more experience can answer that.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2620 posts
206 upvotes
Markham
I spoke to BMO on one of partial trade. Apparently, you can cancel out the balance. Of course, the order might get executed while you putting in the cancelling order.
Sep 15, 2006
828 posts
264 upvotes
Ottawa
zaidyboy wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 11:30 am
Have a close eye on BLGV as well (formerly IC Potash). Sitting at $0.06 at the moment.
What are your thoughts on it and what information is it based on?