Investing

Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2024 3:49 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
Piles of canadian MJ were nothing more then stock promos. PBIC never traded much volume, I am not familiar with it. Taking a look at it now, I would guess its never coming back. If it does, you still have almost nothing. If you have gains, you can realize the loss if its outside a tax shelter.. Or just hold on to it forever in hope someday it comes back. If they ever do, its issue a gazillion shares for the debt, and rolll it back, and then issue a gazillion more shares to the point of regardless of what happens, you have almost nothing.

claiming loss on a worthless security https://ca.rbcwealthmanagement.com/docu ... 8_high.pdf
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10908 posts
1061 upvotes
Mississauga
zoro69 wrote: Piles of canadian MJ were nothing more then stock promos. PBIC never traded much volume, I am not familiar with it. Taking a look at it now, I would guess its never coming back. If it does, you still have almost nothing. If you have gains, you can realize the loss if its outside a tax shelter.. Or just hold on to it forever in hope someday it comes back. If they ever do, its issue a gazillion shares for the debt, and rolll it back, and then issue a gazillion more shares to the point of regardless of what happens, you have almost nothing.

claiming loss on a worthless security https://ca.rbcwealthmanagement.com/docu ... 8_high.pdf
It is in a TFSA so I guess I'll just hold onto it forever, doesn't hurt right? My contribution room is on what I make or let's say I bought it at $100 total, is my contribution room $100 less until I sell it?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
Yes hold on to it, your broker will tell you if you can't. It doesn't affect your tfsa limit, the amount invested means that space is gone. Your tfsa isn't based on what you earn, its set at $7000 for 2024, was $6500 for 2023
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10908 posts
1061 upvotes
Mississauga
This is from like 5 years ago though, so do I ever get that space back if I sell this or is it "gone forever"?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
you dont get that space back, you do get new space every year. Bad invesment, very likely held to zero, and you can't even take the loss on your tax return. Oh well.
Mark Minervini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
glad i am in/watching weed stocks instead of the bottom falling out of crypto stocks,

MSOX +19%!

up baed on "12 State Attorneys General Tell DEA To Reschedule Marijuana As 'Public Safety Imperative': Rescheduling cannabis is "the next step in the move towards a more accountable cannabis policy.""
Mark Minervini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
Looks like the good times are back, US closed, Cannabis moves up, eg TRUL, TSND etc +7%. Until tomoorow.
Mark Minervini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes

MSOX there, profits taken, I said, in advance, buy when MSOS goes over 7.50.

Posted jan 3
MSOS alert set at .7.50. It gets over, Im buying
Read books instead of people posting away all day, every day trying to be right.

Adding MSOS, follow that, and trade MSOX (2x). Gap ups are usually for selling

Mark Minervini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
AGFY . up ~150% premarket. It has <2m float. Be very careful if you trade it

" Agrify Corporation (Nasdaq: AGFY) (“Agrify” or the “Company”), a leading provider of innovative cultivation and extraction solutions for the cannabis industry, today announced it has entered into a multi-million dollar sales agreement (“the Agreement”) with Ocean Deep/Golden Lake Business Park, a California-based vertically integrated cannabis operator. "

It will almost for sure raise money very soon, and then plummet.
Mark Minervini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
MSOS has doubled since the end of OCT. WHen people come back and start posting away predicting massive gains, is when you should start looking for the top
Mark Minervini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
MSOS etc at a new recent high, most up over 100% this year. WHen its up 100 or 200% from here, the masses will be back with crazy price predicitons, and then its time to sell. It happened last year with AI stocks, it happened with BBBY, it happened recently with RVSN. And it will happen with mj. Some people are bellwethers for when to sell.

even CGC over US$5
Mark Minervini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
Mark Minervini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
Will cannnabis set a new low

"MCCONNELL TO STEP DOWN AS SENATE'S GOP LEADER IN NOV."
"
Mark Minervini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
Good news for MNMD/MMED, financing above market close, and the market likes it, up 24% premarket

cannnabis, better hope it goes up right now as its not looking to good.
Mark Minervini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
Suspected good news for cannabis, MSOS +15%,MSOX +30%

Or, March calls, +1000%, today

edit, corey booker said to a reporter, in an elevator,in response to a question, resescehdulization is coming in april
Mark Minervini

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)