Investing

Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 9:55 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2894 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
What brokerages are you guys buying these stocks on?

I'm looking to get into stocks at this juncture and was considering TD and opening a TFSA to buy and sell stocks with (not day trading but medium term).
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2008
917 posts
197 upvotes
For those of you planning on holding long term in the big 3...do you suggest I get into ACB also to "cover all the bases" or just stick with my current holdings of WEED and APH and use the ACB money in other plays instead?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 27, 2012
764 posts
92 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU
I can't seems to find ACB's logic behind this deal.

The way I see it is they are diversifying their portfolio way too fast and it looks like this is another diversion to hide their hostile bid drama with CMED.

Disclosure: I have move on from ACB for 3 weeks now (bought @ 6.13 sold at 7.90) now and I'm glad I did. I'm currently holding LG (12.90%), KALY (3.4%), APH (66.20%), & HIVE (17.20%)
1C5 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 2:29 pm
For those of you planning on holding long term in the big 3...do you suggest I get into ACB also to "cover all the bases" or just stick with my current holdings of WEED and APH and use the ACB money in other plays instead?
I'd say stick with WEED & APH and allocate ACB's fund to some other cannabis related stocks.

I would want to buy Namaste since it seems to be a good fit with cannabis stock plus I haven't heard or read any stock that offer cannabis accessories & vaporizer. The only reason why I'm not buying this one right now is my funds is all tied up (I end up buying HIVE) and I'm waiting until February before I do anything with my portfolio.
Last edited by dealbreak3r on Dec 19th, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Sale

Lenticular Coin and Stamp Set - Superman: Then and Now (2013) for $40.00 + S&H
Member
User avatar
Aug 29, 2010
419 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
Major accumulation on BLGV past week between .105-115 this bad boy will take off soon imo. Currently in at .105.
Newbie
Jan 3, 2017
60 posts
8 upvotes
^Been holding BLGV for a few weeks .105 average...yolo stock lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2009
4805 posts
513 upvotes
Comedian Mark wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 2:58 pm
Major accumulation on BLGV past week between .105-115 this bad boy will take off soon imo. Currently in at .105.
Euro7r wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 3:01 pm
^Been holding BLGV for a few weeks .105 average...yolo stock lol
been holding for a couple weeks as well. saw it swing between .10 and .115 several times, was tempted to swing trade it, but decided not to incase i miss a big push.


I am suprised namaste still pushing hard after the slight correction this morning...
Member
Jan 22, 2003
240 posts
141 upvotes
From a TA perspective, ACB is still trading sideways. The volume out seems to be dropping off but the volume in also. It could really go either up or down at this point. I suspect if the OSC or whomever rules against ACB, the bottom will drop to the next point of support. If they rule for, we'll see a bit of a pop. TA currently shows the market is undecided about ACB's future, basically because of all their CMED shennanigans.
Member
User avatar
Dec 22, 2008
352 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
dealbreak3r wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 2:47 pm
I can't seems to find ACB's logic behind this deal.
The way I see it is they are diversifying their portfolio way too fast and it looks like this is another diversion to hide their hostile bid drama with CMED.
I agree.

On N, I sold all of mine @ $1.17 but props to all of you still in it.

I'm still with HMMJ and they just added some new holdings. A few in here I have yet to research.
Newbie
Jan 3, 2017
60 posts
8 upvotes
Why didn't I buy more N last week...What a run! It pulled back a little today and shot up again...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 27, 2012
764 posts
92 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU
Euro7r wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 3:20 pm
Why didn't I buy more N last week...What a run! It pulled back a little today and shot up again...
Just buy half now then buy the rest once your real entry price (price from last week) comes again. It's better to have something right now before it jump higher again or do nothing to be safe IF the stock drop.

I'm actually waiting until I see $1.25 before I pull the trigger on selling some APH
For Sale

Lenticular Coin and Stamp Set - Superman: Then and Now (2013) for $40.00 + S&H
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 28, 2012
1788 posts
936 upvotes
Kanata, ON
MarvinMartian wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 10:57 am
There was a reverse takeover from RIR, so perhaps that was the old market cap. TD hasn't updated it from what I can see. I think Indiva market cap is higher.

Some info from their CEO: https://technical420.com/cannabis-artic ... a-cannabis
Bought 1500 V.NVDA @ $1.26 and see what happens in the weeks to come.

Also bought 1000 THCX @ $3.98. Want to buy more of this one as funds become available. Really excited about the prospect of the Quebec government using these guys to supply their dispensaries as the only currently licensed producer in that province.

Bought 250 ACB @ $7.10
Last edited by MarvinMartian on Dec 19th, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Jun 9, 2015
93 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I bought some HVST Dec 14 2022 8% debenture.....collect my 8% interest and wait for HVST ....goes to $5.00 or $0.00

Top