Investing

Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 12:16 pm
Nov 1, 2013
222 posts
28 upvotes
been there done that. I have been snared in such meteoric ups and downs and lost $11000+ in less than hour once.
Thats why I told myself never again deal with minnows and stick to blue chips.
Today i wanted to see whats the noise about so put in an order for N at an impossible price of 2.76.
oh noooooo I am going for a ride now.....might end up losing $2000 or make $200. Not worth the hassle IMO
Mar 17, 2016
780 posts
565 upvotes
What's with the such a long halt for Namaste? Been like 1+ hour already.

It's trading in the US right now and steadily going up. I see lots of buy orders.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
41519 posts
2544 upvotes
Richmond Hill
alanbrenton wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 12:11 pm
What's with next July? Had to dig this article up after reading it on the train. Can anyone shed some light as to what's so special about July 2018? Is it up up and away until then?

http://business.financialpost.com/inves ... s-for-2018

A ‘bubble’ is going to pop badly

Now, to cover our bases we are not going to predict which bubble, but there are many these days, and investors are in a frenzy. This likely will not end well. Lithium, cobalt, Bitcoin, marijuana — you name it and there is a least the potential of a bubble forming in all. Our bet on which one will pop? Marijuana. Think about it. If you are not smoking pot now, are you suddenly going to start toking up next July? Unlikely. In addition, if every single person in Canada spent $100 a year on pot, the market would still only be $3.7 billion. But based on the market valuation of public marijuana companies, investors seem to think the market size is going to be $20 billion. We would expect marijuana stocks to perk up into July and then likely roll over when quarterly numbers reveal far less growth than expected.
I'm no expert, but I think the hype is behind edibles and consumables more so than smoking weed out of a joint. I think the future might change such that barely anyone will "smoke" weed anymore, rather they will consume it in other manners.

TNY, for example, is a company based solely on making weed-based drinks like how Rock Star and Monster drinks are basically caffeine water.
***Brand New Google Home Hub ONLY $165!!***
Silver Coins | Google Home Hub | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Dec 22, 2008
343 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 12:17 pm
I'm no expert, but I think the hype is behind edibles and consumables more so than smoking weed out of a joint. I think the future might change such that barely anyone will "smoke" weed anymore, rather they will consume it in other manners.

TNY, for example, is a company based solely on making weed-based drinks like how Rock Star and Monster drinks are basically caffeine water.
100%. Also, there is something to be said about the reputation of 'BC bud' and the head start Canada will have when it is legal at the federal level -- for export to other markets.

I agree it is hard to estimate right now with all the hype but anyone who gets on board early, with the more reputable companies, will not be disappointed in the next 6+ months

Question: What is so special about EAT?
Last edited by Ramblings on Dec 28th, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4242 posts
2072 upvotes
Northside
Has namaste upgraded to TSXV?
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
2935 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
Weed is nearing 30.
Cash rebate Realtor

Homelife Bayview

President Award 2018
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1947 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
Hindenburg1 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 12:17 pm
What's with the such a long halt for Namaste? Been like 1+ hour already.

It's trading in the US right now and steadily going up. I see lots of buy orders.
Let's hope the CAD side follows lol.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1763 upvotes
Ontario
oasis100 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 12:33 pm
Weed is nearing 30.
Anybody taking profits today? The temptation to lock it in is very strong!
Sep 16, 2017
145 posts
69 upvotes
hebsie wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 12:42 pm
Anybody taking profits today? The temptation to lock it in is very strong!
i never got back in to the bigger market caps after initial gains. been focussing on the smaller players now for movement.
Mar 4, 2010
456 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
johanscott wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 12:39 pm
Let's hope the CAD side follows lol.
i moved into a position right between the two circuit breakers at 3.06... this is frustrating and i hope they figure out who dumped the shares soon. This should rebound back between 3.80-4
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4772 posts
343 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
Made some profits on NF today. Got in at $0.16 and sold it this morning at $0.205
Koodo & Public Mobile customer
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6872 posts
1500 upvotes
what companies are in the edibles space?
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
48661 posts
14268 upvotes
rapashoo wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 12:16 pm
I also feel the burst creeping up but for analyst's worth, he should put it out there with better research. I find that it is just too easy to say "hey bubble is going to burst". Why? Let's say the bubble do burst. You hit the nail and you are the new Nostradamus. No burst? fine, everyone still happy because their investment goes up higher. For analyst, it is too risky to say we are still heading higher.
What's with July? Is it the first year anniversary of it being legalized?
Aeroplan Miles Points for Sale -- only 1.5 cents per mile
aeroplan-miles-points-sale-only-1-5-cen ... #p30504516
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
1989 posts
326 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 12:58 pm
What's with July? Is it the first year anniversary of it being legalized?
I believe July 2018 would be the official date of legalization.

Thread Information

There are currently 14 users viewing this thread. (12 members and 2 guests)

TOSHI, JRGUINNESS, Zeitgeist7, dsichewski11, JanardhananR7411, geokilla, raceway, Jon Lai, Drakestar, esoxhntr, Stevewithalaptop, momack