• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2019 12:07 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2004
1606 posts
437 upvotes
Mississauga
yep, as expected, regretting selling WEED for APH :(
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I'm all outta gum.
Mar 7, 2018
64 posts
17 upvotes
Anyone know what APH price will be like tomorrow morning (around 11.85 more or less, or significantly lower) ? This is a bummer.

I assume there's going to be a massive sell off first thing tomorrow morning to get to 11.85?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5029 posts
511 upvotes
OH wow. Major major dilution. Goodbye SP.

225M is no small amount. People usually do bought deals for 100M-200M, but 225M at this stage of the game is quite late I must say. APH just became a long term hold and won't bounce since they are chained down with a rock.

Until they announce some new contracts or partnerships, this share price is under gravity of dilution until further notice.

You just better hope they do not increase the deal to 300M :(
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Jul 5, 2008
188 posts
7 upvotes
I've been in WEED ACB & LEAF w/small ISOL FIRE & BLGV for some time now, held thru the highs and still in them with good gains (+200% in the majors).

Are people planning to hold pot stocks thru Fed legalization date or unload prior?

On a side note what is everyone using for trading Cdn mkts? I'm with TD but even though WBroker has gotten better it's not ToS (US mkts). I mostly trade US options so my Cdn positions are buy n hold.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
Good-bye $3500 profit from the last couple days!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
2785 posts
897 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Could open at 11.85 then pop right back up.

I remember WEED doing that months ago and in 15 mins it was back to previous day's close.

Someone here posted a screenshot of their brokerage and in 15 mins made 5gs.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
2785 posts
897 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I still don't get the Senate vote.

Is it as simple as yay or nay?

Or is it Yay, but they need to send back to house the house with revisions from all these amendments?

Or are these amendments by the Senate already over ruling the bill?

Hard to tell what to do tomorrow.

Any policy people in here?
Jan 7, 2013
385 posts
159 upvotes
Whitby Ontario
Another day another Aphria disappointment
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
1870 posts
714 upvotes
GTA
hebsie wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 5:01 pm
Good-bye $3500 profit from the last couple days!
Not steaks or KFC - are you now saying it's going to be KD?

never say never, wait till 10 am Thursday,
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
porticoman wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 7:22 pm
Not steaks or KFC - are you now saying it's going to be KD?

never say never, wait till 10 am Thursday,
Haha, well really it's not that bad. Aphria is my long-term hold, and these BDs are part of the process. Sure, it would've been great to time the market and exit at $13 this afternoon. But how many times has that move failed people too? Look at everybody that bailed on TGODs IPO a couple weeks ago and now it's up over $8. This stuff happens, we move forward.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
1870 posts
714 upvotes
GTA
hebsie wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 7:31 pm
Haha, well really it's not that bad. Aphria is my long-term hold, and these BDs are part of the process. Sure, it would've been great to time the market and exit at $13 this afternoon. But how many times has that move failed people too? Look at everybody that bailed on TGODs IPO a couple weeks ago and now it's up over $8. This stuff happens, we move forward.
the 'what if' to 'what should have been' is all hindsight

take a profit, move on & don't look back.

no such thing as "timing the market'', in my earlier post, 'place a sell order at $13 with a stop loss at $12.50' - that is not timing the market

on your $3500 paper loss, it's just that till the stock starts trading & when it does & should it trade in the $11.50 range & you sell - that is the real loss, then it's 'what's for dinner'

so 'a wait till it starts trading again', there isn't anything that can be done till then & all the guessing or speculation on RFD & other forums means nothing
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
porticoman wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 7:43 pm
the 'what if' to 'what should have been' is all hindsight

take a profit, move on & don't look back.

no such thing as "timing the market'', in my earlier post, 'place a sell order at $13 with a stop loss at $12.50' - that is not timing the market

on your $3500 paper loss, it's just that till the stock starts trading & when it does & should it trade in the $11.50 range & you sell - that is the real loss, then it's 'what's for dinner'

so 'a wait till it starts trading again', there isn't anything that can be done till then & all the guessing or speculation on RFD & other forums means nothing
Honestly, I really haven't a clue what you're saying here. I am not selling at 11.50 tomorrow, but thanks for the advice

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)