Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2019 2:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
Remember the fun we had watching GRE step-climb to $1.75??

Trading today at $.135 Face Screaming In Fear

The life of a penny stock.....hebs
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
2789 posts
897 upvotes
Toronto, ON
God Damn FFT.

What a shitty stock.

Being so manipulated and pushed down anytime there is a slight rise.

Please let that hit .57 after royal assent so I can get the f out.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
Reddit is buzzing with a completely non-validated 'APH acquiring MARI' rumour

It's being sold very hard, and MARI spiked $.15 in the last hour (from it ??) to close on $1.88

To add more fuel, now the rumour is that the spike was from insiders, not just Reddit buyers

Extra volume was about 300k shares, easily attained thru 50k subs on Reddit

Maybe it's true, but dear Lord I hope not!!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
2789 posts
897 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hebsie wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 6:22 pm
Reddit is buzzing with a completely non-validated 'APH acquiring MARI' rumour

It's being sold very hard, and MARI spiked $.15 in the last hour (from it ??) to close on $1.88

To add more fuel, now the rumour is that the spike was from insiders, not just Reddit buyers

Extra volume was about 300k shares, easily attained thru 50k subs on Reddit

Maybe it's true, but dear Lord I hope not!!!!!
Would that make aph go up or down?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
1870 posts
714 upvotes
GTA
on MARI, anyone looked at the past month Hi-Lo-close price as well as the volumes?

https://web.tmxmoney.com/pricehistory.p ... l=MARI:CNX

doesn't look like anything's brewing & as to why would APH want a company like MARI that's a dud?

my guess is APH to be above $12 by EOD Wednesday, stays there through end of week.... well its a guess
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 7:03 pm
Would that make aph go up or down?
Make APH go down thru further dilution, anything like that would have to be a cash + shares deal

Make APH go down because anyone that's currently invested in APH, would probably sell if that dumpster fire they call MARI was brought on-board

Realistically it makes zero sense. APH doesn't need them, this is why they bought NUU

Gut tells me it's nothing more than a well calculated, Reddit-style pump/dump.
Nov 15, 2006
290 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
I will wager that it's a pump and dump. RE: APH/MARI

Reddit have done it time after time of creating all these buy outs fallacies. Their game plan is to drum up these potential massive gain opportunities (which more than often are not true) and then "they" will off load their accumulated shares. I am not gonna say every pump attempt is an orchestrated plan but... you know.. I would say most of time, a true buy-out news is not going to be "leaked" until usually the last day or more likely the very last trading hour.

Once these speculations are proven fake, you would notice often there would be a few individuals trying to calm the crowd that the company still got lots of value and should not sell...

just my personal opinion.
Last edited by all4one4u on Jun 11th, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
2789 posts
897 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Well I wanna double down on APH. So I'll take a massive dump and buy in.

Hoping for 9.80 again.
Oct 19, 2013
61 posts
41 upvotes
all4one4u wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 9:03 pm
I will wager that it's a pump and dump. RE: APH/MARI

Reddit have done it time after time of creating all these buy outs fallacies. Their game plan is to drum up these potential massive gain opportunities (which more than often are not true) and then "they" will off load their accumulated shares. I am not gonna say every pump attempt is an orchestrated plan but... you know.. I would say most of time, a true buy-out news is not going to be "leaked" until usually the last day or more likely the very last trading hour.

Once these speculations are proven fake, you would notice often there would be a few individuals trying to calm the crowd that the company still got lots of value and should not sell...

just my personal opinion.
This is the most likely scenario. I highly doubt APH management would be foolish enough to do this. There's no reason for any company to make a run at MARI right now - based on how terribly MARI is being run, it wouldn't surprise me to see its share price at a fraction of what it is once legalization is well under way.
Nov 5, 2003
166 posts
17 upvotes
I've been told MARI has the best product in terms of strains and a deal with the top strain in Colorado or California (not sure which). Genetics could very well be a good reason to buy if they truly are superior.... pure speculation on my part; but this is a new industry and much more complex than just share price / production cost etc.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
One of the better of Reddit's 'APH is not buying MARI' arguments

-------------------------

APH is not interested in MARI

It doesn’t matter how much you want it to happen.

Here’s why Along with the fact that APH is not expanding or acquiring any further production capacity within Canada for the time being, Nor will they purchase assets at an inflated price when they can simply wait a year and purchase yard sale LP’s

What exactly can MARI offer them in Germany that they don’t already have?

APH in Germany pop 80+million

NUU Germany Storage and Packaging Facility - 11,300 square-foot property in Bad Bramstedt - expected to meet the most stringent requirements for the storage of controlled substances in Germany and the EU - Storage Facility to be completed and operations Q2-2018 - Packaging Facility will also contain a GMP certified packaging and processing facility, allowing Nuuvera to prepare bulk material shipped from Canada to Germany.

NUU Shortlisted for German Licence one of 10 remaining companies from an original pool of over 100. - Given Aphria's track record for Purity and Quality, as well as Dealers License, Id say they have an extremely good shot at getting a license. They are creating jobs in the country, and have physical property already.

CC Pharma, 13,000 pharmacy Distribution Network

As a comparison - Auroras German company Pedanios supplies 1500 Pharmacies at last count. I'm not shitting on Aurora, This is just a comparison for Distribution network size.

Aquired 25.1% stake in Berlin based Shoneberg Hospital - Cost of €1.2M - The first step in Deutschland's plans to build and operate pain treatment centers throughout German - Deutschland is also participating in the German tender process for in-country cultivation and maintains an existing supply agreement with one of the largest pharmaceutical distribution companies with access to over 13,000 pharmacies in Germany.
Jan 20, 2010
305 posts
19 upvotes
Truth!

I'm approaching 6 months. My average is $14.63/share. Once I break even I'll feel less annoyed and won't mind holding.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
1870 posts
714 upvotes
GTA
on the plus side of an APH M&A with MARI is the assets to liabilities & the cash

Mari on sedar has $42 million in cash

yearly sales of approx $3m +/- $ 1m

APH has approx $215m in cash & cash equivalents, current liabilities $45m, annual sales of ~$35m

APH takes the cash, does a share swap 6 MARI shares for 1 APH share

APH dilution adds approx 23 million shares to APH on a straight share swap

on a cash & share swap it could be something of a cash/share swap exchange to that $40 million MARI has in cash, this would be less of a dilution say 10 - 15 million million shares

as for the business side doing an acquisition for $3 million of added revenue hardly seems worth while IMO

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)