Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1764 upvotes
Ontario
hameljon wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 11:31 am
Added to HIP and GLH today after telling myself no more :facepalm:
Those hip.wt.a at .105 are gonna be worth more than gold if/when HIP pulls out of this tailspin.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1411 posts
346 upvotes
Finally started a long position in TRST. Will scale in more if it reaches the ~6.80 support. Also looking at Ianthus.

The time for playing small-caps has passed IMO. Gotta go with the sector leaders or companies with strong management and connections.
Feb 27, 2013
215 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
alanbrenton wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 1:33 pm
your ancillary holds are like Midas' touches anyway. :)
No kidding, 2/3 offsetting the red sea by a bit today, but not by enough Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes (VGW + 11.93% today, Namaste my only ancillary doing shit all today).
hebsie wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 1:42 pm
Those hip.wt.a at .105 are gonna be worth more than gold if/when HIP pulls out of this tailspin.
$1.00 exercise, expiring ~June 22, 2020, damn that's a tempting gamble Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Also threw a small chunk into HC this morning: https://highhampton.com/

Assuming their investor presentation isn't a load of shit they'll be targeting revenue of ~$4.2MM in year 1 with their recent acquisition of 8 points, I figure a one year forecast is fairly accurate, not gonna give too much weight to their $30.7MM forecast for year 2. Also in discussion phases with Aurora Larssen for their greenhouse design. Their management team looks like the real deal: https://highhampton.com/high-hampton-management-team
~Let your actions reflect your desires
Dec 31, 2015
458 posts
58 upvotes
Not even sure if It's worth it to average down more on XLY and APH right now or wait. This is getting insane. Never thought we would be this far away from ATH on both this close to legalization....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5128 posts
537 upvotes
Bang bang bang! Thread is all time low viewers as well!

Inevitable bag holding based on greed!
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
1870 posts
715 upvotes
GTA
1xTiMeR wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 4:06 pm
Bang bang bang! Thread is all time low viewers as well!

Inevitable bag holding based on greed!
by chance are you one of the bag holders?

anyone buy WEED below $36 or APH below $11 or ACB at its low today?

tomorrow is another day
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5128 posts
537 upvotes
porticoman wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 4:23 pm

tomorrow is another day
Nope. I will never bag hold. I rather take the lost.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Jan 22, 2018
746 posts
120 upvotes
porticoman wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 4:23 pm

tomorrow is another day
I bought 50 shares aph @ 10.90 to help average me down a bit...break even currently at 12.30...
Feb 27, 2013
215 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
Maricann License Approved by Maltese Government
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/ ... nment.html

The Green Organic Dutchman and Epican Open Flagship Retail Dispensary in Jamaica
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/ ... maica.html
-Feels like TGOD is just trying to distract from their Hamilton disaster these last couple days, yesterday it was some non-story about targeting the beverage industry.

Scythian Announces Strategic Sale of Latin American and Caribbean Assets in $193,000,000 Deal to Aphria
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/ ... phria.html
-Some guy on Reddit connected the dots on this months ago and I've been a SCYB shareholder since Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Aphria will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares (on a fully-diluted basis) of LATAM Holdings, a direct, wholly-owned subsidiary of Scythian with licenses and other rights and assets held through various subsidiaries in Argentina, Colombia and Jamaica, together with the Rights in Brazil, for aggregate transaction consideration of $193 million, plus by Aphria assuming $1 million in existing debt, with the remainder of the Transaction consideration in the form of common shares of Aphria at a deemed share price of $12.31, being the volume weighted average price of the Aphria shares as traded on the facilities of the TSX for the 20 trading days immediately prior to the date of the Agreement. Aphria expects to issue to Scythian 15,678,310 Aphria shares in connection with the Transaction, representing approximately 6.3% of the currently issued and outstanding shares of Aphria, calculated on a non-diluted basis.
Last edited by hameljon on Jul 17th, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Let your actions reflect your desires
Dec 31, 2015
458 posts
58 upvotes
Wow I'm losing insane amounts of money everyday now since I'm only in APH and XLY. I've been in and out of weeds stocks for almost 3 years now but this is getting scary.

That APH news is not what I was hoping for.
Dec 22, 2008
347 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Wonder what APH Aug 1st financials will be like....

My $17 avg keeps looking ever so far off.
Aug 1, 2008
163 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
There are a lot of marijuana investors who have made life changing amount of money so congrats to them (unfortunately im a value based investor and i've never caught on). However, marijuana stocks look like crypto stocks at the moment where the general public is going to end up losing a lot of money in this sector. Its all hyped based momentum and the bubble has already burst as we are below those earlier year highs by quite a bit, Giving 8 billion dollars valuation to companies who have less than a 100 million quarterly revenue is ridiculous and especially since this is a commodity.

For the general investor i wouldnt want to hold this bag all the way down to the bottom as some of these companies will never recover.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)