Hot Deals

[Cannet] 100M Cable internet $39.98/m free install + Conditional free modem OR 50M DSL internet $39.98/m with free modem(Ontario)

Nov 22, 2012
88 posts
7 upvotes
They have to work how they can it's life, small desk it's common.
The thing is 3 days without internet for me i never had that for the last 20 years. And after several call waiting for 1 hours and get cut just did it.
Nothing has been resolved for me after 3 days i just canceled and asked for my money back. It's not worth it learned my lesson.
Sep 4, 2007
539 posts
88 upvotes
Been with Cannet since Feb, reporting in again.

Past month or so, internet as been pretty stable. First month I had maybe 2-3 times my internet was slow (~5mbs) for a few hours, but never more than an evening. Never had to call in to get it fixed as it only lasted a few hours and only 2-3 times. I never had throttling issue. Pretty decent track record for me.

I pay 39.99 + 4.99 modem rental fee, for a total of $50.80 tax in each month. I talked to Jordan a few times about the free modem rental but he wouldn't budge. Unless you can prove you're an existing Carrytel user with their competing plan, don't bet on free modem rental.
Apr 30, 2014
22 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I have returned the Cannet Cda3 modem and just waiting for my refund.

It is unfortunate that cable internet is congested in my area even after Rogers dug our roads 2 years ago to upgrade the service. The speed is fast ~99 mbps during non-peak when nobody is home to use the internet and an almost unusable speed of ~3 mbps during peak at which time everybody is home to use the internet.

For now I will have to settle for a 25 mbps that is usable anytime.
Jul 24, 2005
936 posts
425 upvotes
I am thinking of giving Cannet DSL 50M a try.
Just to be clear: my impression is that all bad reports and reviews in this thread (throttling, congestion, overselling bandwidth) refer to cable internet.
I tend to cling to the idea that, as opposed to cable internet, phone-line DSL (even when provided by Cannet) is generally more consistent and close to the promised speed at all times.
Is this correct? Anyone had a bad experience with DSL services provided by Cannet?
Thank you in advance.
Dec 5, 2015
531 posts
130 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
ahoroba wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 2:45 pm
I am thinking of giving Cannet DSL 50M a try.
Just to be clear: my impression is that all bad reports and reviews in this thread (throttling, congestion, overselling bandwidth) refer to cable internet.
I tend to cling to the idea that, as opposed to cable internet, phone-line DSL (even when provided by Cannet) is generally more consistent and close to the promised speed at all times.
Is this correct? Anyone had a bad experience with DSL services provided by Cannet?
Thank you in advance.
Throttling is not a cable or dsl issue...Since it's not the end point (Rogers or Bell) who's throttling but cannet who doesn't buy enough bandwidth from their provider (cik)

Throttling applies to both cable and dsl
Jul 12, 2009
51 posts
7 upvotes
Wanted to share some perspective; thanks to this thread and finally getting tired of Bell's price increases, I signed up for Cannet 100/10 cable (Downtown Toronto East End) about 2 weeks ago.

Kept Bell DSL (25/5) active for 9 days as overlap, but have now cancelled it. I've done several speed tests with fast.com and consistently get 95+ Mbps; once in the evening it tested at 35 Mbps but very shortly after was back up.

As a non-heavy user, I've been really happy for 2 weeks. I had Bell DSL 25/5 Mbps before and this is a huge upgrade for less money. I use Kodi heavily for streaming live TV + shows/movies, and it's been great. No heavy gaming, just the occasional torrents.

Hope this helps. Again, have not yet needed to use their support, but for a 2 person household with average usage for streaming, it's been great so far, well worth the price for me. Can't guarantee it'll be like this for everyone and will never be throttled for me, but just sharing my experience in the first 2 weeks.
Nov 22, 2016
33 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
Got some speed test last few days, not bad.
Last edited by Dragon2016 on Apr 25th, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1048 posts
195 upvotes
Kanata, Ontario
Dragon2016 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 11:40 pm
Got some speed test last few days, not bad.
Great. Year 2013 speed test. Hard to find.

Yes 10m line and get 11m speed is not bad.
Adsl line, less than 1m upload.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Nov 22, 2016
33 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
kanata2004 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 11:46 pm
Great. Year 2013 speed test. Hard to find.

Yes 10m line and get 11m speed is not bad.
Adsl line, less than 1m upload.
Did you talking about this one? not bad for 2013.

Jun 13, 2008
920 posts
106 upvotes
Burlington, ON
You can also try these two alternative sites for speed tests;

fast.com
bandwidthplace.com
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
3464 posts
812 upvotes
Canuckland
LyGuy wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 9:45 am
Been with Cannet since Feb, reporting in again.

Past month or so, internet as been pretty stable. First month I had maybe 2-3 times my internet was slow (~5mbs) for a few hours, but never more than an evening. Never had to call in to get it fixed as it only lasted a few hours and only 2-3 times. I never had throttling issue. Pretty decent track record for me.

I pay 39.99 + 4.99 modem rental fee, for a total of $50.80 tax in each month. I talked to Jordan a few times about the free modem rental but he wouldn't budge. Unless you can prove you're an existing Carrytel user with their competing plan, don't bet on free modem rental.
Yeah forget about it.
Dec 15, 2012
562 posts
155 upvotes
The internet is working good in my area. I'm honestly pretty satisfied for the past couple of weeks since I've had it. Haven't had time to come update lately so here goes until next time. For evening speeds, you can see my earlier posts (Brampton area)

Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6376 posts
422 upvotes
Waterloo
I'm getting good speeds over 90mbps on fast.com
Oct 26, 2009
605 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Deal is over? I see "cable 100" $60/month $99 activation fee.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel