Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] 100M Cable internet $39.98/month or 50M DSL internet $39.98/month (Ontario Only)

Banned
Jan 11, 2017
12 posts
4 upvotes
I bet there are many shills working for Carrytel trolling this site. I'm going to sign up for Cannet with the two year price protection is better than none. With a Canadian IP address, it is better than the US IP address. I can also search for Torrents that through the Carrytel service it has sites banned, so I can't access. What is this?? Their customers want to be censored?? Forget it!!
Jan 25, 2014
30 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
any feedback from downtown toronto users?
Jun 4, 2007
11 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
would also like to hear from any downtown waterfront condo users?
May 11, 2005
91 posts
8 upvotes
VitaXllent wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 3:44 pm
The invoice requirement has been stated since the beginning of the promotion for people who wanted the free modem rental, nothing new.
Not stated in anything sent to my by the sales person or CANNET, including invoices, account registration emails, etc. Infact, the sales person offered me the free modem after the fact to get me to sign up that day. I did not even know about the promo.
Apr 30, 2014
23 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton, ON
When I signed up on the 100 mbps cable plan, I had to electronically attach a copy of my latest invoice from Carrytel on my online sign up form.
Apr 30, 2014
23 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton, ON
My install was yesterday and the speed was crappy. Note the public ip address. My pc is connected by ethernet directly to modem port of Hitron CDA3 which does not have a wifi.
Images
Apr 30, 2014
23 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Woke up this morning and tested every 2 hours and they are all about the same...I like it. If speeds don't fall below 80 mbps during peak hours in the next 3 days, then I will cancel my VDSL, else I will cancel this cable internet service while within the 10 day free cancellation period.
Images
Dec 15, 2012
572 posts
160 upvotes
TeateaM wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 7:19 pm
Woke up this morning and tested every 2 hours and they are all about the same...I like it. If speeds don't fall below 80 mbps during peak hours in the next 3 days, then I will cancel my VDSL, else I will cancel this cable internet service while within the 10 day free cancellation period.
Yeah, I'm having great speeds too during peak time - been monitoring it closely. Changing device or new customers need some time to attach to the correct data center.

6:16 PM

7:45 PM

Apr 30, 2014
23 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton, ON
9 P.M.
Speeds are still good. But the Speedof.me result bothers me. More tests need to be made in coming days before deciding which service to cancel.
Images
Dec 25, 2015
341 posts
38 upvotes
So I been trying to sign up since April 1st via e-mail and phone.
I e-mailed jordan the ceo -and finally gets the order going.
Asked for previous ISP- and says since my plan is over $40 I cannot get the plan.
I e-mailed jordan mention the CRTC and he went off on me about threatening and they are nice people and treat customers nicely

I asked for a resolution.
Between all that, it took about 4-5 offers from the reps I spoke to, to finally give the deal I and we all want.

I am really shocked, I am waiting for an e-mail from Jodan and will proceed to take care of this my way.
I was patient and thought it would pay off.
I am truly disappointed as I really just wanted to get internet with out no hassle.

This company makes me want to over pay.
Yikes
Dec 15, 2012
572 posts
160 upvotes
azmazm wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 11:49 pm
So I been trying to sign up since April 1st via e-mail and phone.
I e-mailed jordan the ceo -and finally gets the order going.
Asked for previous ISP- and says since my plan is over $40 I cannot get the plan.
I e-mailed jordan mention the CRTC and he went off on me about threatening and they are nice people and treat customers nicely

I asked for a resolution.
Between all that, it took about 4-5 offers from the reps I spoke to, to finally give the deal I and we all want.

I am really shocked, I am waiting for an e-mail from Jodan and will proceed to take care of this my way.
I was patient and thought it would pay off.
I am truly disappointed as I really just wanted to get internet with out no hassle.

This company makes me want to over pay.
Yikes
Yeah, my interaction with Jordan was miles better and direct than other reps for sure.
However, It also looks like from your post that you were trying to somehow get the free modem rental when you didn't qualify for it.
My experience with their phone support was good with understanding of the core issue however sometimes they did repeat information unnecessarily. I suppose this could just be because they don't talk informally in English in that country.

Anyways, I'll be monitoring my connection this weekend here and there.

Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
2642 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
last time I tried to sign up with cannet they did not service Cogeco areas - I guess this has changed recently ?
Dec 5, 2015
828 posts
228 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
bobsackamano wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 10:16 am
Some feedback to help others.
My install was today, speeds at 100m consistently. My Ip is based out of Atlanta, Georgia PSINet Inc.
Has anyone been successful in calling in and getting a Canadian Ip swap?
What? Cannet? You sure you don't mean to post in the carrytel thread?
Jun 13, 2008
954 posts
114 upvotes
Burlington, ON
dchabby wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 10:58 am
last time I tried to sign up with cannet they did not service Cogeco areas - I guess this has changed recently ?
I've been with them for a month and I live in Cogeco/Burlington area.