Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] 100M Cable internet $39.98/month or 50M DSL internet $39.98/month (Ontario Only)

Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2484 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
In terms of actual speeds & latency (not trolling and/or spamming or business practices or customer service/support), what is better? (Carrytel or Cannet?)

Which one is more reliable and consistently decent speeds (near 100Mbps)?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6701 posts
491 upvotes
Waterloo
mobifree wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 12:39 am
In terms of actual speeds & latency (not trolling and/or spamming or business practices or customer service/support), what is better? (Carrytel or Cannet?)

my speeds has been almost at the 100mbps some points down to half but 95% of the time its fine im almost in 4 days the service has actually been good im happy i cancelled carrytel already im currently running wireless on wifi
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
439 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
mobifree wrote:

Carrytel as cannet throttles and/or oversells leading to congestion during peak as user above and others have verified who are on cannet

If you're ok with slowdowns during peak usage and throttling..Cannet is better deal

Carrytel is consistent and doesn't throttle or oversubscribe (at least not yet) but you have to buy modem
Sep 16, 2012
296 posts
90 upvotes
Scarborough
mobifree wrote:

I would say wait if you can.

Carrytel is changing transit providers to an unknown provider, so we'll have to see if that impacts performance. We'll see more info from Cannet users to see if a "whitelist" for those under 10 days of service actually exists.

Rogers is also in the steps of approving a new modem that is DOCSIS 3.1 for TPIA which will be more futureproof; now if that will come by July who knows? Probably unlikely, but just thought it'd be nice to know. If you don't care about latency or higherspeeds/changing plans in the future, then you'll be fine with the Hitron

The deal is over by the end of July anyway so there's still time to decide.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3570 posts
835 upvotes
Canuckland
Been using cannet for a few months now, they stopped throttling me but YMMV
Nov 22, 2010
133 posts
9 upvotes
Moving from Ebox as they are not honoring Supervisor's price match promise. Can not get free modem rental from Cannet. Unfortunately Ebox invoice doesn't show $39.99! Installation is on 22nd. Bought the modem-hopefully service will be good.

Anyone had same experience with Ebox?
Last edited by new936 on Apr 16th, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2016
39 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario
Done some test one Wi-Fi 5 GHz:
Router: Asus Ac-68U
Cell phone: LG g4

Jun 21, 2010
74 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
new936 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 4:00 pm
Moving from Ebox as they are not honoring Supervisor's price match promise. Can not get free modem rental because from Cannet. Unfortunately Ebox invoice doesn't show $39.99! Installation is on 22nd. Bought the modem-hopefully service will be good.

Anyone had same experience with Ebox?
I had the same issue with Ebox. I had a 12 month price guarantee, month 3 they jacked it up an extra $28 without telling me. I called and was told that's the new price. I emailed the 2nd level supervisor twice and got the same answer. So I filed a complaint with CCTS. Guess what... Ebox calls me the day after the complaint is accepted by the CCTS, and they would like continue with the 12 month price guarantee, and could I tell CCTS that I would like to withdraw the complaint.
Banned
Sep 28, 2016
126 posts
59 upvotes
norrric wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 7:54 am
I had the same issue with Ebox. I had a 12 month price guarantee, month 3 they jacked it up an extra $28 without telling me. I called and was told that's the new price. I emailed the 2nd level supervisor twice and got the same answer. So I filed a complaint with CCTS. Guess what... Ebox calls me the day after the complaint is accepted by the CCTS, and they would like continue with the 12 month price guarantee, and could I tell CCTS that I would like to withdraw the complaint.
Telecoms are always afraid of the ccts, even though the regulatory bodies barely do much here
Dec 25, 2015
428 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
so, in order to qualify i need to have my plan under $39.99,

anyone have success downgrading their internet plan and than submitting the new bill into cannet?
Dec 25, 2015
428 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
azmazm wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 5:08 pm
so, in order to qualify i need to have my plan under $39.99,

anyone have success downgrading their internet plan and than submitting the new bill into cannet?

thank you for the response and pm for the best way to get this deal.
I appreciate it.
Dec 25, 2015
428 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
relevant topic- anyone have suggestions for Wireless router to pair with hi-tron wired modem??
May 11, 2005
91 posts
8 upvotes
azmazm wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 11:44 am
thank you for the response and pm for the best way to get this deal.
I appreciate it.
you did not read the entire requirements that other users have listed. You need to have a $40/month plan that is unlimited usage and either fttn 50mbps or fttn 25mbps (or cable equiv). This will get you free modem rental for 2 years. Otherwise you will have to buy or rent the modem and then pay 40/month for internet.

Call a sales rep to figure out what is best for you to do.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)