Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] 100M Cable internet $39.98/month or 50M DSL internet $39.98/month (Ontario Only)

Dec 25, 2015
339 posts
38 upvotes
relevant topic- anyone have suggestions for Wireless router to pair with hi-tron wired modem??
May 11, 2005
91 posts
8 upvotes
azmazm wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 11:44 am
thank you for the response and pm for the best way to get this deal.
I appreciate it.
you did not read the entire requirements that other users have listed. You need to have a $40/month plan that is unlimited usage and either fttn 50mbps or fttn 25mbps (or cable equiv). This will get you free modem rental for 2 years. Otherwise you will have to buy or rent the modem and then pay 40/month for internet.

Call a sales rep to figure out what is best for you to do.
Dec 25, 2015
339 posts
38 upvotes
sweetlikechutny wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 11:48 am
you did not read the entire requirements that other users have listed. You need to have a $40/month plan that is unlimited usage and either fttn 50mbps or fttn 25mbps (or cable equiv). This will get you free modem rental for 2 years. Otherwise you will have to buy or rent the modem and then pay 40/month for internet.

Call a sales rep to figure out what is best for you to do.

I was thanking the person who inboxed me directly with a solution.
Thank you for following up.
any advice on wireless router.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1093 posts
206 upvotes
Kanata, Ontario
azmazm wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 12:24 pm
I was thanking the person who inboxed me directly with a solution.
Thank you for following up.
any advice on wireless router.
Go with these routers with DD-WRT or tomato firmware support if possible. AC1750 or AC1900 are both enough to handle Cannet 100M.

The two routers I recommend are: ASUS RT-AC68U with ASUSWRT-MERLIN firmware , or Netgear NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000) with stock firmware or DD-WRT firmware.

There are better routers than these two for sure, but you only need buy something right for you, not something most expensive and most advanced.

ASUSWRT-MERLIN firmware info: https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Feb 15, 2012
7 posts
I am already using Cannet, so I emailed them if they can honor me this deal. They refused. What's the best way to get this deal? Do I need to cancel the service and sign up with another internet service provider in order to get this deal?
May 23, 2016
59 posts
20 upvotes
GTA
rechout wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 1:49 pm
I am already using Cannet, so I emailed them if they can honor me this deal. They refused. What's the best way to get this deal? Do I need to cancel the service and sign up with another internet service provider in order to get this deal?
Potentially, call in and state you'll be transferring to a competitor Ctel and ask if they will be able to offer free modem rental.

I might give this a try but not a big deal for me $5 rental is not so much for the low price and leave you the flexibility of switching around.
Apr 30, 2014
23 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Can anybody who switched from Carrytel to Cannet post a tracert, say google.com or any of your liking. If possible, please interpret what the hops mean.
Nov 22, 2012
91 posts
7 upvotes
Stay away if you can from these guys. They arr the worst provider i ever had.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1032 posts
64 upvotes
What happened?
damnre wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 10:55 pm
Stay away if you can from these guys. They arr the worst provider i ever had.
Nov 22, 2012
91 posts
7 upvotes
My connection is down for the last two days. And then have to talk to some indian guy that i barely understand.it's like he is working outside in a loaded fruit market. For the last two days they were supposed to call back at some precise hour
s and they just didn't. I'm ending my plan and reporting this shit company to crtc if i don't get my $ back.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1032 posts
64 upvotes
Try emailing Jordan info@cannettel.com
Seems to be local and pretty responsive
damnre wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 11:18 pm
My connection is down for the last two days. And then have to talk to some indian guy that i barely understand.it's like he is working outside in a loaded fruit market. For the last two days they were supposed to call back at some precise hour
s and they just didn't. I'm ending my plan and reporting this shit company to crtc if i don't get my $ back.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6587 posts
465 upvotes
Waterloo
So far so good no complaints here
Jun 13, 2008
954 posts
114 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I'm still getting horrible speeds during peak times, fast.com reporting around 20Mbps, but I mostly only stream 1080p so it's fast enough for that without any buffering. Rest of the time I'm up where I should be around 70Mbps (on the 60/10 plan). If I have to do any downloading I do it off peak times and it's not an issue. I figure if things get worse my "out" is Start.ca, I've heard nothing but good things about them, although for the same plan it's $15 a month more.
Images
Dec 25, 2015
339 posts
38 upvotes
kanata2004 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 1:02 pm
Go with these routers with DD-WRT or tomato firmware support if possible. AC1750 or AC1900 are both enough to handle Cannet 100M.

The two routers I recommend are: ASUS RT-AC68U with ASUSWRT-MERLIN firmware , or Netgear NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000) with stock firmware or DD-WRT firmware.

There are better routers than these two for sure, but you only need buy something right for you, not something most expensive and most advanced.

ASUSWRT-MERLIN firmware info: https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about
You good sir are awesome!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6587 posts
465 upvotes
Waterloo
With 3 devices running atm still pretty good
Images