Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] 100M Cable internet $39.98/month or 50M DSL internet $39.98/month (Ontario Only)

Dec 17, 2016
6 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone know if I can sign up as a rogers customer for a few days then transfer over for the free modem rental?
Nov 22, 2012
91 posts
7 upvotes
Just canceled not going to india for support.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6582 posts
465 upvotes
Waterloo
damnre wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 9:41 pm
Just canceled not going to india for support.
That sounds kinda racist who u gonna support the top 3 but either way bell has foreign call centres..
My support was fine they were very supportive
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1032 posts
58 upvotes
Probably end up costing more as you need to stay to get monthly bill assuming you can free Install without contract
LongHairDontCare wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 9:28 pm
Does anyone know if I can sign up as a rogers customer for a few days then transfer over for the free modem rental?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1085 posts
205 upvotes
Kanata, Ontario
sassysue wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 9:56 pm
That sounds kinda racist who u gonna support the top 3 but either way bell has foreign call centres..
Morocco will be next India for French support call centers.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3766 posts
514 upvotes
Kingston
Is this available in Cogeco region? Most of these deals aren't available here. I tried the postal code check but I don't think it's working right.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3909 posts
2063 upvotes
North York
Tha DraGun wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 11:32 am
Is this available in Cogeco region? Most of these deals aren't available here. I tried the postal code check but I don't think it's working right.
just did a chat with them with my postal code in burlington-oakville, cogeco and bell. no thing.
How do I downvote this voting system?
Nov 22, 2012
91 posts
7 upvotes
sassysue wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 9:56 pm
not racist i just had trouble getting what they were saying..
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4296 posts
656 upvotes
anyone know if the older DOSCIS 3.0 modem (Motorola ARRIS SB6121) are compatible for 100m cable?
Thanks RFD for:

-Koodo $48 MB Plan 5GB
Feb 15, 2012
7 posts
LeakingDollar wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 2:19 pm
Potentially, call in and state you'll be transferring to a competitor Ctel and ask if they will be able to offer free modem rental.

I might give this a try but not a big deal for me $5 rental is not so much for the low price and leave you the flexibility of switching around.
I actually don't really care about the modem as I already own one, but my monthly pay is $49,98 for 100M not $39.98.
Jan 30, 2017
1 posts
konsensei wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:09 pm
just did a chat with them with my postal code in burlington-oakville, cogeco and bell. no thing.
I justed tried an oakville postal code on the website. It showed a few options though
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3909 posts
2063 upvotes
North York
palaparapalapara wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 9:20 pm
I justed tried an oakville postal code on the website. It showed a few options though
the options are there regardless.
How do I downvote this voting system?
Jun 13, 2008
952 posts
114 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Tha DraGun wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 11:32 am
I'm in Burlington/Cogeco area and have the 60/10 plan for $50/mnth.
Dec 17, 2014
91 posts
49 upvotes
BenK wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:26 pm
anyone know if the older DOSCIS 3.0 modem (Motorola ARRIS SB6121) are compatible for 100m cable?
I was told that I must use their device only. They sent an all-in one Cisco DPC3848 piece of crap. The wifi is garbage, I believe I saw AC750 equivalent (meaning total bandwidth for wifi wasn't capable of using all 100Mbps) before I disabled it. I does have gigabit LAN ports. I disabled everything but the firewall, but even there it was a huge disappointment. Port forwards are under and "applications an gaming' and at some point (according to their support and a ticket they opened with cisco) selecting internal ports in port forwarding had been REMOVED from the device (although it's still in their documentation). Since it's a cable modem as well, I can't manipulate the firmware on it.

So, if you go with them, just ask them for a basic modem (which they do have - you can push them) and buy yourself a TP-Link Archer 2600 here still on sale for $128 http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/categor ... RCHERC2600

So far in the couple months I've been a customer, speeds have been good but their support calls back at weird times and it sounds like they're in 22" wide cubicles in India.

If you need good support though, go with Teksavvy.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1085 posts
205 upvotes
Kanata, Ontario
canuckistanian44 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 8:44 am
So, if you go with them, just ask them for a basic modem (which they do have - you can push them) and buy yourself a TP-Link Archer 2600 here still on sale for $128 http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/categor ... RCHERC2600

So far in the couple months I've been a customer, speeds have been good but their support calls back at weird times and it sounds like they're in 22" wide cubicles in India.

If you need good support though, go with Teksavvy.
I agree the modem part, simply go with their Hitron CDA3-20 wired modem if you want to use your own wireless router.

I don't agree his cubic is only 22" wide. It's the size of my lawn mower. I think it's at least 33" inch side. He need a chair and a foldable computer corner desk above his Knee to do the work.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.