Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [CanNet] [Sponsored] 75M Unlimited Internet First 3 Months $29.98/m + FREE Wi-Fi Modem + $60 BONUS for Carrytel Customers

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 3:59 pm
[OP]
May 17, 2003
8217 posts
1936 upvotes

[Sponsored] 75M Unlimited Internet First 3 Months $29.98/m + FREE Wi-Fi Modem + $60 BONUS for Carrytel Customers

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 19, 2018
Retailer:
CanNet
Hi, RFD community living in the Ontario Rogers service area, CanNet has a very special promotion for a limited time only! Now with a free-to-use Wi-Fi modem!

Exclusive $60 Bonus for customers, who switch from Carrytel to CanNet to any available CanNet internet plan*

75M /10M Cable internet

• Up to 75Mbps download speeds
  • Up to 10Mbps upload speeds
  • Unlimited usage
  • No Contract
  • No upfront fees
  • No Deposit (Only credit check required)
  • All wired and wireless cable modems on rental must be returned with 14 days upon cancellation except the CGN3 wireless modem (CGN3 does not need to be returned after 2 years from activation)

For more information/details or to sign up, visit https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/75MWIFI.

Above-mentioned promotion is valid for a limited time only. To sign-up please call one of our representatives at: +1-416-800-2323 or call our authorized agent Modem Outlet at: +1-800-880-1234. We have more great plans available, please visit our website at: https://www.cannettel.com/.

*Carrytel bonus will be applied monthly with $5 per month in credit on your monthly invoice. Please provide a Carrytel Invoice for verification to receive the bonus. No Deposit, no upfront fees. Credit check required.
Share:
43 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7917 posts
6346 upvotes
Oakville
Convenient given the other thread about Teksavvy/Carrytel :)
This might just get me to switch. Was considering going from Teksavvy to Carrytel.

The Hitron CGN3 has lot of complaints about the wifi, but I wouldn't be using it for wifi anyhow. Can the router be disabled so it's only used as a modem? *edit* looks like it has a stock gateway mode.

Some more details.
Features:
1. Download speed up to 75 Mbps; Upload speed up to 10 Mbps
2. Unlimited usage
3. No contract
4. Extended warranty – 10 days full refund
5. Wireless device (CGN3) Rental** :- $0
6. Processing fee includes shipping fee $0 (Original $99.95)***
7. Deposit or Credit Check**

Details:
Monthly $29.98 for 3 months, after $34.98 plus taxes
**Wireless modem rental charges $0 ($50 + Taxes hardware deposit if opt for deposit option or required deposit in the case of Bad credit Score).
*** We will be applying $29.98 monthly fee at the time of placing the order if the credit score is Good or above & the same amount will be adjusted with 1st invoice.
All wired and wireless cable modem on rental must be returned with 14 days upon cancellation except CGN3 Wireless modem (No need to return after 1 year from activation)
Note:
If existing CanNet customer wants to switch, customer needs to pay $200 deposit (which will be held without interests until cancellation) & No credit check along with the terms of the above plan.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7917 posts
6346 upvotes
Oakville
Hmm... I'm in Oakville on Cogeco, but it offers me a 75mbps plan that Rogers offers, but Cogeco has 40/60/120mbps plans.

Cable 75 Plan Details
75/10 Mbps Download / Upload
Unlimited Usage / M 2-3 User

Recommended
Monthly - Rental Hardware
Hardware Rental fee - $4.98/mo No Term
Hardware Model: CDA3-35_Rogers

Monthly - Rental Wireless Device
Hardware Rental fee - $9.98/mo No Term
Hardware Model: DPC3848V

Order Now
Your Monthly Price
Cable 75 $ 39.98 CAD
Discount $ 10 CAD
Hardware Fee $ 4.98 CAD
Estimated Tax $ 4.54 CAD
Total Monthly Fee $ 39.50 CAD

Your First Time Charge
Processing Fee $ 99.95 CAD
Discount $ 70 CAD
Hardware Fee $ 0 CAD
Discount$ 0 CAD
Shipping Fee $ 0 CAD
Hardware Deposit $ 0 CAD
Total First Time Charge $ 29.95 CAD
May 2, 2015
186 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So finally the C company is here.. welcome..
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7917 posts
6346 upvotes
Oakville
Somewhat funn/annoying conversation I just had with their support. Also some info for Cogeco area users.
Hello, Welcome to Can Net Telecom! How may I help you today?05:09 PM
Hello05:09 PM
---hi, i'm in Cogeco area but I seem to be offered rogers deals05:09 PM
How can I help you today?05:10 PM
---like 75mbps and CDA3-35_rogers modem05:10 PM
Let me check that for you.05:10 PM
Have you already placed an order with us?05:10 PM
no, just looking to sign up05:10 PM
Alright! In that case, Can you provide us with your postal code?05:12 PM
I will check the feasibility and share the plan details with you.05:12 PM
Thank you for providing the postal code.05:13 PM
Please give me few minutes to check the feasibility and share the details with you.05:14 PM
Thank for being online.05:17 PM
I have checked and see that per the given postal code, Rogers is not available at your address.05:18 PM
It's Cogeco available there.05:18 PM
---right05:18 PM
---your site is offering me a 75mbps rogers plan but cogeco offers 60mbps in my area05:19 PM
You are correct.05:20 PM
Rogers is providing 75 speed, but cogeco has 60mbps05:20 PM
I would like to share the plan details with you05:21 PM
---ok, so your site has some issues05:21 PM
Our site has not any issue.05:21 PM
I site is correct.05:21 PM
---when i entered my postal code it offers me the 75mbps plan05:22 PM
Actually, in Ontario region, in some areas only Rogers is available and in few areas Cogeco covering05:22 PM
---i know05:22 PM
That's the reason website may show 75/10 (Rogers plan)05:23 PM
---but your site is offering 75mbps plan when i enter my postal code (cogeco area)05:23 PM
I think you are aware with our cogeco plan.05:23 PM
I understand, cause the areas are not mentioned in the website, it detects province wise.05:25 PM
---ok, so how do i get a cogeco plan?05:25 PM
---or is that not available with you?05:25 PM
It's with Ontario region only.05:25 PM
If you have any link then you can use that link to place the order online.05:26 PM
---so if i sign up with you for 75mbps i'll get that in my cogeco area?05:26 PM
Otherwise, you need to place the order by us05:26 PM
I am sorry, Cogeco has 60/10 and 40/10 with the cheaper price.05:27 PM
However, We have many plans with good speed.05:28 PM
We have 120/10 and 250/20 as weill.05:28 PM
Well*05:28 PM
---ok, but how can i get those plans on your site?05:28 PM
---i get the rogers plans when i enter my postal code05:29 PM
That we know.05:29 PM
Allow me few seconds please.05:29 PM
There is some problem going on with our Website.05:37 PM
We sincerely apologize for the problem to you.05:37 PM
ok05:38 PM
However, As you are living in Oakville City, We can offer you a plan on Cogeco line only.05:38 PM
Rogers plan is not available on your address.05:38 PM
---do you have a special for cogeco like you do with rogers?05:38 PM
We certainly have one promotion to offer to you.05:44 PM
You can go with Cogeco 60 M / 10 M plan.05:45 PM
There will be one-time device purchase fee of $34.95 + Taxes which you have to pay at the time of placing the order.05:45 PM
---what if i already have a device?05:45 PM
---the 75mbps offered a free device didn't it?05:46 PM
I am sorry! We do not have option of using own device on Cogeco line.05:46 PM
---which model do we have to buy?05:46 PM
I am sorry! 75 M plan also have rental device.05:46 PM
---the model number?05:46 PM
It doesn't offer rental free device.05:46 PM
It will be CCM8200.05:46 PM
---also, what is the 120mbps plan?05:46 PM
There will be one-time processing fee of $29.95 + Taxes.05:48 PM
Your monthly invoice will be $69.98 + Taxes for first 2 years.05:48 PM
Third year on wards, It would be $79.98 + Taxes.05:48 PM
There is no rental of the device with 120M plan.05:48 PM
---is it the same modem?05:49 PM
It will be Technicolor TC4350.05:49 PM
hm... plans don't seem to be better than CarryTel05:51 PM
---do we even get a welcome bonus for carrytel users?05:51 PM
We are providing the plans at best prices in the market.05:51 PM
I am sorry! There is no welcome bonus on Cogeco plans.05:52 PM
---what was the monthly price of the 60mbps plan?05:53 PM
With 60 M / 10M plan, There will be one-time device purchase fee of $34.95 + Taxes which you have to pay at the time of placing the order.05:53 PM
Your monthly invoice will be $39.98 + Taxes for first One year.05:54 PM
Second year on wards, It would be $49.98 + Taxes.05:54 PM
---thats more expensive than carrytel05:55 PM
---they're $39.99 flat05:55 PM
no increases05:55 PM
I am sorry! We are providing the plans at best price.05:55 PM
ok, thanks for your time05:55 PM
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1176 posts
306 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
so many down votes!
don't be too harsh to cannet..
for my case, my Internet ( DSL) was stable for 4 weeks after installation. then got some problems. after several escalations, finally it seems to be stable now (no drop for 10 days so far)
Sep 4, 2015
86 posts
52 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
MrBigNose wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 8:28 pm
so many down votes!
don't be too harsh to cannet..
for my case, my Internet ( DSL) was stable for 4 weeks after installation. then got some problems. after several escalations, finally it seems to be stable now (no drop for 10 days so far)
Yeah I don't get it either. I've had to reboot my router a few times in a year but so far get relatively speaking good speeds and service and I signed up for the last 29.99 cable promo.

I had to reboot my teksavvy DSL modem a few times and my Cogeco modem countless times before cannet so nothing new.
Jul 16, 2015
288 posts
106 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I think a lot of the issues with many ISPs is customer service. Most RFDers will go for the lowest price first, reliability next and then customer service. Cannet seems to have horrible customer service and poor reviews here in this forum. I mean, look at the chat that engineered posted (#5). It's pretty damning in my mind. I'm not sure how other people feel, but if they can't even get english speakers/canadians to communicate with potential clients then how am I going to trust them if a service issue arises? Personally, I hate talking to anyone overseas and if a company has their call centre in India/Phillipines/south america, I cringe and have one foot out the door. It's one of the reasons I really liked teksavvy. They're based in Windsor and their employees are Canadian, which made it really sad for me when I jumped to Fido last year. Now I'm on Carrytel, but at least they're based out of Markham so even though I know customer service/tech support tends to be predominantly Chinese people with thick accents, at least they're here in Canada. I hope that comment doesn't come off as racist or anything, but I really prefer Canadian businesses that hire Canadians instead of outsourcing to the third world. I'm Chinese btw.
May 2, 2015
186 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dwfLuid wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 10:37 pm
I think a lot of the issues with many ISPs is customer service. Most RFDers will go for the lowest price first, reliability next and then customer service. Cannet seems to have horrible customer service and poor reviews here in this forum. I mean, look at the chat that engineered posted (#5). It's pretty damning in my mind. I'm not sure how other people feel, but if they can't even get english speakers/canadians to communicate with potential clients then how am I going to trust them if a service issue arises? Personally, I hate talking to anyone overseas and if a company has their call centre in India/Phillipines/south america, I cringe and have one foot out the door. It's one of the reasons I really liked teksavvy. They're based in Windsor and their employees are Canadian, which made it really sad for me when I jumped to Fido last year. Now I'm on Carrytel, but at least they're based out of Markham so even though I know customer service/tech support tends to be predominantly Chinese people with thick accents, at least they're here in Canada. I hope that comment doesn't come off as racist or anything, but I really prefer Canadian businesses that hire Canadians instead of outsourcing to the third world. I'm Chinese btw.
Your comment indeed sounds racist.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2085 posts
763 upvotes
London
trijunction wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 11:10 pm
It doesn't to me.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7917 posts
6346 upvotes
Oakville
trijunction wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 11:10 pm
No it doesn't. Just sounds like he wants to speak to an educated person he can understand.
Sep 20, 2017
155 posts
70 upvotes
Ontario
It's a business. You can't blame Cannet offer lower price than Carrytel because their cost is lower. One reason is Cannet hire more Indians to save cost. It doesn't change the fact Cannet is a Candian ISP owned by Canadians.

When you drive a car made in Canada, most of the parts are not made in Canada. The parts are outsourced to overseas (India, China ...) to save cost and put together in Canada , and sold to Canadians in the end.

You can't blame the car parts outsourcing neither. Neither Cannet.

BTW. Teksavvy is based in Chatham, Ontario.
dwfLuid wrote:
Apr 30, 2014
118 posts
29 upvotes
Brampton, ON
TracyWater wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 12:05 am
It's a business. You can't blame Cannet offer lower price than Carrytel because their cost is lower. ...
Your words, not mine.

Normally, a lower price would get more customers. In many cases though, it is the perception of best value that finally gets the customer in and stay in.
TracyWater wrote:
One reason is Cannet hire more Indians to save cost....
Translation: More Canadians lost their job.
TracyWater wrote:
...When you drive a car made in Canada, most of the parts are not made in Canada. The parts are outsourced to overseas (India, China ...) to save cost and put together in Canada , and sold to Canadians in the end.

You can't blame the car parts outsourcing neither. Neither Cannet.
For the sake of discussion, let's grant your statements to be true.

The difference is in how the products are sold and serviced. Competition have local support while Cannet comes from outside Canada.

I will conveniently omit discussing the merits of outsourcing.
Aug 12, 2017
363 posts
60 upvotes
dwfLuid wrote:
Carrytel uses Cogent as the backbone for their internet so they are as Canadian as Mercedes Benz made in Germany and sold at the car dealer located in Canada. I do not think anybody here cares wether the service is 100% Canadian or not. The deciding factor is the cost, nothing else and you have proven that by leaving Teksavvy.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
2878 posts
1192 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
darn no shaw covered areas :(
---
Koodo Long Term Customer!
Self Employed: Youtube, Sites, Server Administrator, and more. I enjoy just getting my hands on anything if I can do it from home.
Enjoyments: ATVing, Northern Living, Online Shopping, Being Social Active.