Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [CanNet] [Sponsored] 75M Unlimited Internet First 3 Months $29.98/m + FREE Wi-Fi Modem + $60 BONUS for Carrytel Customers

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 3:59 pm
Jul 16, 2015
284 posts
106 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Hey discostar, I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here cause I did indicate in my second sentence that cost is the number one factor so i believe we agree.
Aug 18, 2013
98 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I am starting to get tired of Cannet and their connection drops during the day. Seems to be fine in the evenings but daytime is just horrible.

I called them up to pricematch and they kept giving me the run around on pricing . The thing about "no interest" on the deposit is probably because of my conversation with them and the legalities surrounding deposits.

Do not, under any circumstances, give these small companies "deposits" unless you are willing to see them vanish.
Jul 16, 2015
284 posts
106 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
How long ago did you sign up mastermind?
Sep 20, 2017
121 posts
59 upvotes
Ontario
discostar wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 8:05 am
Carrytel uses Cogent as the backbone for their internet so they are as Canadian as Mercedes Benz made in Germany and sold at the car dealer located in Canada. I do not think anybody here cares wether the service is 100% Canadian or not. The deciding factor is the cost, nothing else and you have proven that by leaving Teksavvy.
Yes cost is very important factor but sometimes you don't have too many choices. In rural area, Teksavvy is the only alternative other than Bell Canada. Cannet has the lowest price in ISP world but their support is outsourced to India, also Cannet didn't cover some place such as my cottage in Quebec rural area.
Aug 12, 2017
363 posts
60 upvotes
dwfLuid wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 10:06 am
Hey discostar, I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here cause I did indicate in my second sentence that cost is the number one factor so i believe we agree.
No argument here but you said that you prefer using Canadian services and Carrytel is not one of them. It is basically American service resold in Canada.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
821 posts
97 upvotes
mastermind88 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 10:06 am
I am starting to get tired of Cannet and their connection drops during the day. Seems to be fine in the evenings but daytime is just horrible.

I called them up to pricematch and they kept giving me the run around on pricing . The thing about "no interest" on the deposit is probably because of my conversation with them and the legalities surrounding deposits.

Do not, under any circumstances, give these small companies "deposits" unless you are willing to see them vanish.
If you want I can escalate and have someone look into the issues for you. PM me your customer ID if you'd like to escalate the issues.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
821 posts
97 upvotes
dwfLuid wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 10:37 pm
I think a lot of the issues with many ISPs is customer service. Most RFDers will go for the lowest price first, reliability next and then customer service. Cannet seems to have horrible customer service and poor reviews here in this forum. I mean, look at the chat that engineered posted (#5). It's pretty damning in my mind. I'm not sure how other people feel, but if they can't even get english speakers/canadians to communicate with potential clients then how am I going to trust them if a service issue arises? Personally, I hate talking to anyone overseas and if a company has their call centre in India/Phillipines/south america, I cringe and have one foot out the door. It's one of the reasons I really liked teksavvy. They're based in Windsor and their employees are Canadian, which made it really sad for me when I jumped to Fido last year. Now I'm on Carrytel, but at least they're based out of Markham so even though I know customer service/tech support tends to be predominantly Chinese people with thick accents, at least they're here in Canada. I hope that comment doesn't come off as racist or anything, but I really prefer Canadian businesses that hire Canadians instead of outsourcing to the third world. I'm Chinese btw.
Hi there,

I am employee of CanNet and I am Toronto based. We do have some Canadian employees and we have an office in Toronto. And we do have local employees and local support as well. One of the reason many companies have overseas support is to have the ability for 24/7 support. Without our overseas colleagues it would not be possible for Canadians to have 24/7 support.
Oct 17, 2014
21 posts
8 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
i just signed up this morning, but the sales told me there had no $60 bonus for existing carrytel user. the $60 is included in the annual saving. if that's correct, the title has to be amended
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
821 posts
97 upvotes
LUCKYBOYSH wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 12:24 pm
i just signed up this morning, but the sales told me there had no $60 bonus for existing carrytel user. the $60 is included in the annual saving. if that's correct, the title has to be amended
Let me see if I can look into the issue for you. it should be a monthly bonus credit of $5. Maybe he explained it wrong. Please PM me your order number
Jul 16, 2015
284 posts
106 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Hey CanNetRFD,

I don't want to get into a huge argument on economics and globalization, but I do not for a second believe that is the reason for outsourcing to the third world. Just like any other company that outsources, it's for the bottom line first, and second to avoid labour laws in their host country. 24/7 support can absolutely be accomplished without outsourcing.

Its a little more understandable for a new smaller carrier, but at the end of the day here's how it works out - your company executives pocket the "savings" in the form of bonuses for making the "tough" decision to outsource and the owners/shareholders are happy because they made more money. Meanwhile, you're here towing the company line defending their decision.

Unfortunately I can't buy Canadian 100% of the time because it's kinda hard based on how the world has been shaped in the last 30-40 years, but I try to apply this rule to purchasing decisions even at my own cost - ironic as it sounds being an RFDer.
Jul 16, 2015
284 posts
106 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
discostar wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 12:08 pm
No argument here but you said that you prefer using Canadian services and Carrytel is not one of them. It is basically American service resold in Canada.
Yes, I prefer Canadian first, but if that Canadian company treats me like a nobody after being with them since the start, and doesn't have the foresight to try and keep said customer despite numerous attempts at retention and previous referrals, then I know my worth and leave. Just like I did with Bell and Rogers. For what it's worth, I did move to FIDO next after teksavvy, and have only now moved to Carrytel.

I'm not sure if the CRTC would allow an American company to operate in Canada, otherwise more foreign companies would be here doing the same although my understanding of the rules is rather vague.

I mean no disrespect Disco, just clarifying my point. I've seen you around on the other threads and from what I see you're a good contributor to the community so I don't want to come off as a douche which can happen because I'm rather direct at times.
Last edited by dwfLuid on Apr 14th, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 10, 2016
161 posts
24 upvotes
Anyone and everyone please stay away. Not only issues with the service but the customer service is the worst I have ever come across. I still receive sms s on overdue amount despite of cancelling the account and returning the modem almost 2 months back.
Sep 10, 2016
161 posts
24 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 12:22 pm
Hi there,

I am employee of CanNet and I am Toronto based. We do have some Canadian employees and we have an office in Toronto. And we do have local employees and local support as well. One of the reason many companies have overseas support is to have the ability for 24/7 support. Without our overseas colleagues it would not be possible for Canadians to have 24/7 support.
None of the customer service reps I came across are based in Canada. Not too sure if you got the question right. There is a difference between employee based in Canada and entire support based somewhere else.
PS: Indian myself - don't try to act smart here.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
2754 posts
1100 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
CanNetRFD wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 12:15 pm
We have a plan for Shaw area 75M for $29.98/m

Check our promotion page:
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/xbox75m
Can you check? to see if I can get it P0T2C0?

EDIT: Chat support said No. We have other resellers/shaw but no one seems to know we exist lol.
---
Koodo Long Term Customer!
Self Employed: Youtube, Sites, Server Administrator, and more. I enjoy just getting my hands on anything if I can do it from home.
Enjoyments: ATVing, Northern Living, Online Shopping, Being Social Active.