Hot Deals

[CanNet] [Sponsored] Exclusive Cable Offer, 2-Year Price Guarantee 150M for $49.98/month

May 15, 2007
265 posts
125 upvotes
Perc wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:27 pm
I gave up on online chat support too....it's like they didn't even read my questions. And five minutes kept going by, and I'd write "are you still there?" and then they'd respond. Finally after doing that a couple times I just disconnected.
I experienced almost the same except for they did not even answer "are you still there?"
Jul 14, 2008
24 posts
3 upvotes
mohamade wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:00 am
I experienced almost the same except for they did not even answer "are you still there?"
I experienced almost the same , they're not answer direct to my questions and they did not answer "are you still there?". If we have problem with their service then may be it'll be very difficult to contact to them
Nov 29, 2008
30 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I guess I was a little luckier using the online chat support. I got my questions answered fairly quickly by the rep I spoke with.

That said, the actual sign-up process so far has been rather glitchy. After signing up I got an email saying my subscription was rejected due to insufficient information. I've already contacted my ISP (Start) to cancel my account for Nov. 30th but CanNet has been asking me for a cancellation reference number. The Start rep I spoke to, however, told me their system doesn't provide reference numbers, only month-end invoices after accounts have been officially closed. I did however send the CanNet rep the confirmation email I got from Start, so I hope that will suffice to continue the transfer process.
Nov 29, 2008
30 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
IamTazak-47 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:00 pm
have had this service for 2 weeks so far so good every time i test the speed i get the 150meg down 15meg up im paying for, no complaints yet , modem arrived within a few days and activation was very fast, will see if it keeps up, so far very good service and price
I'm curious to know how long it took for your service to get activated/transferred from the time you signed up with CanNet. Was it sooner than the 15 days they ask for?
Feb 4, 2012
8 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I got in on the last deal of 39.98 for 100/10 with Cannet, and had no problems with service or installation.

Slight hijacking, but just after that my building added fibre for 50/50 for $35 (or 250/250 for $55), so I've currently got both and have to decide which to keep. Do you think it's better to save $5 and be satisfied with 50/50 (I do occasionally upload videos and have been loving the quick upload) or stay with Cannet 100/10 (or this new deal) for a little bit more money?
Sep 4, 2007
580 posts
110 upvotes
seren8 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:01 pm
I got in on the last deal of 39.98 for 100/10 with Cannet, and had no problems with service or installation.

Slight hijacking, but just after that my building added fibre for 50/50 for $35 (or 250/250 for $55), so I've currently got both and have to decide which to keep. Do you think it's better to save $5 and be satisfied with 50/50 (I do occasionally upload videos and have been loving the quick upload) or stay with Cannet 100/10 (or this new deal) for a little bit more money?
How many users in your household? Unless you're a heavy torrenter, 50 down is plenty for 2-3 people. Speed for fibre will always be 50, while with Cannet cable it can fluctuate greatly during peak hours. I've been with Cannet's 100/10 since March, and I'd be hard pressed to say I get 100 consistently. I never use up that much any given moment anyway so I'm fine with it. But there have been a handful (around 10) times where my speed gets very slow like 3mbs during peak hour. This will last a few hours then everything is back to normal.
With fibre, you shouldn't experience any variable speeds.
Nov 7, 2004
577 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
LyGuy wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:50 pm
How many users in your household? Unless you're a heavy torrenter, 50 down is plenty for 2-3 people. Speed for fibre will always be 50, while with Cannet cable it can fluctuate greatly during peak hours. I've been with Cannet's 100/10 since March, and I'd be hard pressed to say I get 100 consistently. I never use up that much any given moment anyway so I'm fine with it. But there have been a handful (around 10) times where my speed gets very slow like 3mbs during peak hour. This will last a few hours then everything is back to normal.
Makes sense, I am assuming they are using Rogers line. I am with Rogers on the 150/10 and almost never get those speeds. Have technicians and quality inspectors visit to fix the connection but back to same speeds in a couple of days.
TigerDirect Sucks..
Jun 8, 2008
71 posts
58 upvotes
LyGuy wrote:
This is kind of another tangent, but if fiber is generally more consistent/reliable, why does it seem like it's discounted in price? For example, after I saw this Cannet promotion, I then started looking at other options to my existing Teksavvy DSL (as frequently it drops out). I found another telecom that carries a regular offering of $40 for 50Mbps down (10 up) for $40 with no installation fee or contract. That's not much more than my 15/1 Teksavvy plan. And if those speeds were obtainable (consistently) due to being fiber, then it sounds like a much more satisfactory service. Anyone who knows about this stuff...any thoughts?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
1415 posts
160 upvotes
I am in Cogecoland and Bell Fibe. Are they using Cable or bell fibe line?
Oct 6, 2012
4 posts
2 upvotes
KINGSTON
I do not recommend CanNet at all. Their customer service is terrible! Their internet service is OK and pretty much to be expected according to service tier. Most times I get the advertised speed, but during peak times it is slower, which I expect with cable (cogeco line).
After the first month they have been trying to charge me an extra $10 (not adding the $10/month promo discount). I emailed them and they replied that the accounts department will look in to it and process my refund. Well that was 3 weeks ago, and still no refund.
I decided to give Carry Telecom a try, so I requested a cancellation date for Nov.25. I told them this on Oct.27. I have requested confirmation of disconnection notice with Cogeco SEVERAL times so that Carry Telecom can submit a re-connection request on the same date. They keep telling me that they have submitted the disconnection notice and are awaiting confirmation from Cogeco. I highly doubt that it takes this long to get a disconnection confirmation.
I 100% recommend you stay away from this company!!
Feb 4, 2012
8 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
LyGuy wrote:
Thanks for the thoughts! It's only 2.5 (kid) people in the household, so I think you're right. I may be moving soon, presumably to a place without fibre, so was tempted to keep CanNet just to keep the deal, but customer service said the rate wasn't transferable, so should probably just save the $5/month for now and pick up whatever deal is available when I move.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1616 posts
325 upvotes
Ottawa
seren8 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:44 pm
Thanks for the thoughts! It's only 2.5 (kid) people in the household, so I think you're right. I may be moving soon, presumably to a place without fibre, so was tempted to keep CanNet just to keep the deal, but customer service said the rate wasn't transferable, so should probably just save the $5/month for now and pick up whatever deal is available when I move.
What company? I am more interested in having a lower price than the really fast speeds.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1382 posts
118 upvotes
makuribu wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:58 pm
Those of us trapped in the land of Cogeco are somehow second class citizens.
We may get lower speeds, but at least we pay higher prices! :rolleyes:
Most places in COGECO land have Internet speeds of 150MBPS up to 250MBPS. . . I'm way out and am getting 150mbps. There have been some great deals combined with TiVo services.
Dec 17, 2014
155 posts
73 upvotes
Their support called me back last night and what should have been a two minute conversation became 10 minutes of lost voip packets where we finally gave up.