Hot Deals

[CanNet] [Sponsored] Ontario New Year's Deal, 2-Year Price Guarantee FTTN 50M Internet $29.98/month

Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
13944 posts
3590 upvotes
eugene188 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:24 pm
would the people who are downvoting this kindly show us where else you can get 50M FTTN for a better price?
I don't do downvotes so i'm not one of them but price is not always the biggest consideration, level of service is very important. People have complained of being regularly throttled, service problems, customer service problems and so forth. Sometimes its worth spending more money for reliability and stability. I pay more then this currently for slower service and have considered switching, but i don't need headache, if i knew i would have no unfixable headachey problems i might make the switch, as is i'm not planning on it because i don't need the drama.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
13944 posts
3590 upvotes
eugene188 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:24 pm
would the people who are downvoting this kindly show us where else you can get 50M FTTN for a better price?
I don't do downvotes so i'm not one of them but price is not always the biggest consideration, level of service is very important. People have complained of being regularly throttled, service problems, customer service problems and so forth. Sometimes its worth spending more money for reliability and stability. I pay more then this currently for slower service and have considered switching, but i don't need headache, if i knew i would have no unfixable headachey problems i might make the switch, as is i'm not planning on it because i don't need the drama.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Newbie
Nov 21, 2016
41 posts
19 upvotes
AC Router rental $9.98/month + tax
Purchase AC Router $199 + tax & waive processing fee

Either rental or purchase is TOO expensive. I think the monthly price is not where CANNET makes money, but this is their profit.
Newbie
Sep 29, 2012
18 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
The question about dry loop fee has not been addressed. Is there a dry loop fee with this package?
Newbie
May 25, 2016
3 posts
Ontario sure has better deals than quebec in terms of Internet haha..
Member
Jan 11, 2009
426 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
can I use my existing FFTN modem with it as I dont need to buy a $200 modem/router?
Member
Jan 11, 2009
426 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Dealseeking wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 11:14 am
The question about dry loop fee has not been addressed. Is there a dry loop fee with this package?
I doubt there is a dry loop fee - most of the resellers dont charge dry loop anymore; at least in ontario
Member
Jan 11, 2009
426 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 5:00 am
I don't do downvotes so i'm not one of them but price is not always the biggest consideration, level of service is very important. People have complained of being regularly throttled, service problems, customer service problems and so forth. Sometimes its worth spending more money for reliability and stability. I pay more then this currently for slower service and have considered switching, but i don't need headache, if i knew i would have no unfixable headachey problems i might make the switch, as is i'm not planning on it because i don't need the drama.
seems like people were complaining about cable been throttled....would like to hear about FFTN and speeds during peak hours?
Newbie
Jul 4, 2017
31 posts
3 upvotes
nimenkanne wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 11:06 am
AC Router rental $9.98/month + tax
Purchase AC Router $199 + tax & waive processing fee

Either rental or purchase is TOO expensive. I think the monthly price is not where CANNET makes money, but this is their profit.
2 years price guarantee so if rental is $39.96 per month. Purchase is $38.27 per month. No byod option.
xseanx wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 1:40 pm
seems like people were complaining about cable been throttled....would like to hear about FFTN and speeds during peak hours?
If they throttle cable most likely will do same to FFTN
Jr. Member
Dec 10, 2017
112 posts
57 upvotes
I currently have fibre optic internet with virgin mobile. $45 monthly 25mbbs/10mbbs NO THROTTLING, no down time, great service.

I would love to make the switch but when I put my postal code in, it only gives me option for cable internet.

1-Do you provide services for Toronto?
2-Is there dry loop fee?
3-How much is the rental for wireless modem?
4-Lastly is there any sort of throttling at any give time of the day?
Newbie
Aug 10, 2013
65 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
nimenkanne wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 11:06 am
AC Router rental $9.98/month + tax
Purchase AC Router $199 + tax & waive processing fee

Either rental or purchase is TOO expensive. I think the monthly price is not where CANNET makes money, but this is their profit.
I agree!
Either rental or purchase is TOO expensive.
I pass!
Member
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
486 posts
403 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
eugene188 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:24 pm
would the people who are downvoting this kindly show us where else you can get 50M FTTN for a better price?
Carrytel has 50/10 FTTN for $39.99/MTH, and their modem/router is $39.99 to PURCHASE, instead of paying $199 to purchase for cannet. You can also search Google for promo codes to get $10 off modem purchase.

I'm currently with cannet cable 75/10 but switching to carrytel FTTN because I constantly get 8-15/10 evenings. I'd switch to FTTN with cannet if they didn't "f you" over with rediculous fees to switch.
Last edited by remik on Jan 13th, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
1595 posts
307 upvotes
Gatineau
eh no thanks. I'm using 150M cannet cable but nowhere near that. Sometimes internet doesnt even work or just super slow especially during prime hours. You get what you paid for i guess.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1675 posts
344 upvotes
Ottawa
demanche wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:24 pm

I downvoted over upgradablity from other plans/install fees, not just price. I’m using them since I already paid for installation, but would recommend going with an isp that allows plan changes without jumping through hoops.
remik wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 8:47 pm

Carrytel has 50/10 FTTN for $39.99/MTH, and their modem/router is $39.99 to PURCHASE, instead of paying $199 to purchase for cannet. You can also search Google for promo codes to get $10 off modem purchase.

I'm currently with cannet cable 75/10 but switching to carrytel FTTN because I constantly get 8-15/10 evenings. I'd switch to FTTN with cannet if they didn't "f you" over with rediculous fees to switch.
Quentin5 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 5:00 am
I don't do downvotes so i'm not one of them but price is not always the biggest consideration, level of service is very important. People have complained of being regularly throttled, service problems, customer service problems and so forth. Sometimes its worth spending more money for reliability and stability. I pay more then this currently for slower service and have considered switching, but i don't need headache, if i knew i would have no unfixable headachey problems i might make the switch, as is i'm not planning on it because i don't need the drama.
Currently with Cannet on the 75/10 Cable and it works well even at night I get full speeds. But the ping and bufferbloat caused by the modem sucks, and it can't be fixed. And that cost to switch over is ridiculously high. I'll probably end up cancelling when I move or do a calculation to see what is more frugal to do.

Most of the complaints on throttling on RFD are people using the Cable service, I'm interested to know how the FTTN service is, since I want to get for my parents. But I haven't really heard much on the FTTN service on RFD.
Newbie
Aug 10, 2013
65 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
remik wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 8:47 pm
Carrytel has 50/10 FTTN for $39.99/MTH, and their modem/router is $39.99 to PURCHASE, instead of paying $199 to purchase for cannet. You can also search Google for promo codes to get $10 off modem purchase.

I'm currently with cannet cable 75/10 but switching to carrytel FTTN because I constantly get 8-15/10 evenings. I'd switch to FTTN with cannet if they didn't "f you" over with rediculous fees to switch.
I have similar problem too, I have Cannet cable 100/10 , I constantly get 15~ 25/10 in the evening. I complained to them couple times , it just a waste of time, it still the same speed! I hope to switch to FTTN that may solve the problem, but the cost ........

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)