Expired Hot Deals

[CanNet] [Sponsored] Ontario New Year's Deal, 2-Year Price Guarantee FTTN 50M Internet $29.98/month

Sep 19, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
AC wireless Router or Modem? Purchase AC Router $199 + tax & waive processing fee, what about the modem?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
Zrageon wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 1:22 pm
AC wireless Router or Modem? Purchase AC Router $199 + tax & waive processing fee, what about the modem?
The modem has a double function and is also your wireless router
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
remik wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 12:36 pm
hmmm... I guess calling it a "configuration fee" is the equivalent of putting a bow-tie on a turd, quit trying to "fancy up" what it really is, ...a ripoff fee! This isn't like cable modems where the modem needs to be "registered" with Rogers for it to work, as long as its any VDSL modem it will work, you are not doing any "configuring" when someone brings their own VDSL modem.
I am sorry you feel that way.
But it is not putting up a bow-tie on a turd. We still have to pay our costs to Bell for every new customer and we decided we would pay part of it by charging only $69.95 to our customers. We are not trying to fancy up things because we never claimed to be a company like that. We are a third-party internet provider who is trying to grow and improve where we can.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Sep 19, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 1:31 pm
The modem has a double function and is also your wireless router
Can I use KW 52283 for the plan?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
Zrageon wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 4:37 pm
Can I use KW 52283 for the plan?
Hi there,

Unfortunately that modem is not compatible with our plan.
We only support the use of 2 following modems:
Technicolor TG588V
TP-LINK W9970 vdsl

Kind regards,
CanNetRFD
Nov 4, 2003
66 posts
Toronto
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 5:04 pm
Hi there,

Unfortunately that modem is not compatible with our plan.
We only support the use of 2 following modems:
Technicolor TG588V
TP-LINK W9970 vdsl

Kind regards,
CanNetRFD
How about
Sagemcom 5250/bell hub 2000
SmartRG 505n
?
The reseller said those can be used.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
pangus wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 5:25 pm
How about
Sagemcom 5250/bell hub 2000
SmartRG 505n
?
The reseller said those can be used.
Who is the reseller? modem outlet? It is faster if you call in to see if you can use these modems then. Maybe there is an update I have not been made aware of it yet.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Jan 28, 2008
76 posts
24 upvotes
Ontario
goleafsgo_22 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 5:10 pm
I'm happy with Cannet Telecom. Been with them since July 2017 and have not had any problem regarding speed or outage.
What area are you in?
Jul 30, 2008
835 posts
19 upvotes
Hello, I heard previously that CanNet (or at least the backbone the ISP uses) throttles torrents. Can you confirm if this true?

Also, are you able to do service to M5B 0A3? When I moved into this brand newly built apartment building (not a Condo building), I was told that Bell and Rogers have a 2 year exclusivity and that 3rd party ISPs can't provide internet here.
Dec 14, 2010
12 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
nimenkanne wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:54 pm
what's the speed during peak hours? can stable reach 40M ?
Cannet's cable speed is really jammed, sometimes 10% of claimed speed
I had been with $Bell$ for year$ and changed to CanNet a year ago and always get 100% of the 50M advertised service. DSL/FTTN is not like cable, it's not shared, it's stable at speeds.
I like stuff
Dec 14, 2010
12 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
psommerfeld wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 7:34 pm
I've had CanNet for a half year or more. Not too happy with the speed. Sometimes fast, sometimes very slow. Price is right, speed is definitely not consistent.
Are you on DSL or Cable? Like I've replied before, I had been with $Bell$ for years and changed to CanNet for the half-price/same service a year ago and I always get 100% of the 50M advertised service with DSL/FTTN. It is not like cable, it's not shared or does not slow down during peak hours, it's stable at speeds. I just tested and got 50.59Mbps/10.64Mbps with 16ms ping time. I'm in the Ottawa area
I like stuff
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
tribe1689 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 8:26 pm
Hello, I heard previously that CanNet (or at least the backbone the ISP uses) throttles torrents. Can you confirm if this true?

Also, are you able to do service to M5B 0A3? When I moved into this brand newly built apartment building (not a Condo building), I was told that Bell and Rogers have a 2 year exclusivity and that 3rd party ISPs can't provide internet here.
Hi, there we don't throttle our implement any form of ITMP at all or even our backbone IP. Also for DSL FTTN services to verify if your address is available it is better for you to call in and with FTTN our rep would need your full address to verify if services are available at your specific address.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
psommerfeld wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 7:34 pm
I've had CanNet for a half year or more. Not too happy with the speed. Sometimes fast, sometimes very slow. Price is right, speed is definitely not consistent.
I apologize for the speeds you are getting. Did you try to monitor your speed with a wired connection to a computer with other applications turned off that uses the internet? If issues keep persisting please send the results to info@cannettel.com so that our senior technician is able to look into this.
Jan 28, 2008
76 posts
24 upvotes
Ontario
remik wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 12:36 pm

hmmm... I guess calling it a "configuration fee" is the equivalent of putting a bow-tie on a turd, quit trying to "fancy up" what it really is, ...a ripoff fee! This isn't like cable modems where the modem needs to be "registered" with Rogers for it to work, as long as its any VDSL modem it will work, you are not doing any "configuring" when someone brings their own VDSL modem.
Could you be any more rude??
You actually have someone from the company responding to people as best as he can.
I hope I never have to do business with you.