Expired Hot Deals

[CanNet] [Sponsored] Ontario New Year's Deal, 2-Year Price Guarantee FTTN 50M Internet $29.98/month

Jan 28, 2008
76 posts
24 upvotes
Ontario
d_henri wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 8:20 am
Are you on DSL or Cable? Like I've replied before, I had been with $Bell$ for years and changed to CanNet for the half-price/same service a year ago and I always get 100% of the 50M advertised service with DSL/FTTN. It is not like cable, it's not shared or does not slow down during peak hours, it's stable at speeds. I just tested and got 50.59Mbps/10.64Mbps with 16ms ping time. I'm in the Ottawa area
My mistake. I have installs in two locations and I mixed up my CanNet and Carrytel locations. It is the Carrytel location that has inconsistent download speeds. I do not monitor the CanNet location but have heard of no complaints.
Jan 28, 2008
76 posts
24 upvotes
Ontario
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 9:56 am
I apologize for the speeds you are getting. Did you try to monitor your speed with a wired connection to a computer with other applications turned off that uses the internet? If issues keep persisting please send the results to info@cannettel.com so that our senior technician is able to look into this.
I apologize, I have two service locations and got your service confused with another one. There have been no complaints mentioned about the CanNet location. Thanks for your reply!
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
jenniflowers4 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 1:11 am
How to avail this services?
The best way is to call in because for FTTN services our rep would need your specific address to verify if services are available. :)
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
psommerfeld wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 9:35 am
I apologize, I have two service locations and got your service confused with another one. There have been no complaints mentioned about the CanNet location. Thanks for your reply!
No problem, I am glad you got it figured out :)
May 20, 2017
181 posts
53 upvotes
ON
Is today the last day for the promotion?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
Elec2016 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 12:02 pm
Ok, thanks. It says expiry date Jan 18th on the first post.

Will it still be available the beginning of February?
Hi there,

Expiry date is for the sponsored post on the forum. Our promotion will still be valid in the beginning of February. Unless there is a sudden change then I will post it here in the thread to let you guys know.
Jan 11, 2009
871 posts
727 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
psommerfeld wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 9:10 am
Could you be any more rude??
You actually have someone from the company responding to people as best as he can.
I hope I never have to do business with you.
The comment was directed towards what CanNet calls a "configuration fee", remember the majority of clients of internet re-sellers are pretty tech savvy and know that there is no configuring that needs to be done with VDSL modems, just call it a "BYOD service fee", no need to BS people. The other issue at hand is that CanNet is peddling a modem/router for $199, when you can also get VDSL service from CarryTel and their modem is $39. Sure CanNet's is ZTE while CarryTel's is TP-Link, but that's a big price difference for comparable service. I'm sorry we won't be able to do business, didn't realize RFD was a "garden of delicate flowers".
Jul 4, 2017
45 posts
7 upvotes
remik wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 1:50 pm
The comment was directed towards what CanNet calls a "configuration fee", remember the majority of clients of internet re-sellers are pretty tech savvy and know that there is no configuring that needs to be done with VDSL modems, just call it a "BYOD service fee", no need to BS people. The other issue at hand is that CanNet is peddling a modem/router for $199, when you can also get VDSL service from CarryTel and their modem is $39. Sure CanNet's is ZTE while CarryTel's is TP-Link, but that's a big price difference for comparable service. I'm sorry we won't be able to do business, didn't realize RFD was a "garden of delicate flowers".
+1 very shady indeed.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
Macdonnell102 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 5:55 pm
+1 very shady indeed.
As I have said before we do have some costs and for every FTTN customer we sign up we have to pay Bell. Even when said customer will bring his or her own modem. We try to meet our customers halfway by having them pay partially for the fee and the rest we pay out of our own pocket. In the end, it is just semantics how you want to call the fee; Point is, there is a fee and we are not trying to do anything shady. We inform people of the fee although we prefer customers to rent or buy our modem since it is easier to troubleshoot. You would not believe how many issues the average ISP has to deal with because of problems that from the customer side and the ISP getting the blame for it. And even if above poster remik says that majority of clients of internet re-sellers might be tech savvy, which is just an assumption on his part, we also have a large customer base who are not that tech savvy and we would not want to confuse those customers with semantics.

Just putting my 2cts out there,

CanNetRFD
Jul 4, 2017
45 posts
7 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 9:50 am
As I have said before we do have some costs and for every FTTN customer we sign up we have to pay Bell. Even when said customer will bring his or her own modem. We try to meet our customers halfway by having them pay partially for the fee and the rest we pay out of our own pocket. In the end, it is just semantics how you want to call the fee; Point is, there is a fee and we are not trying to do anything shady. We inform people of the fee although we prefer customers to rent or buy our modem since it is easier to troubleshoot. You would not believe how many issues the average ISP has to deal with because of problems that from the customer side and the ISP getting the blame for it. And even if above poster remik says that majority of clients of internet re-sellers might be tech savvy, which is just an assumption on his part, we also have a large customer base who are not that tech savvy and we would not want to confuse those customers with semantics.

CanNetRFD
Forums are for those who could do simple math and were more tech savvy to inform those who were not.
May 20, 2017
181 posts
53 upvotes
ON
Macdonnell102 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 5:55 pm
+1 very shady indeed.
Not sure if I would call it shady. You are informed with all the prices before you sign up. If you don't like it then just go with another provider. To me you can't expect to get all the best for the cheapest. Someone has to pay the bill, it's the overall price that matters to me.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2362 posts
152 upvotes
Markham
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 9:50 am

CanNetRFD
Just my 2 cents.

Get Bell, or Rogers first before you go to a third party. You need to make sure that the line is good, otherwise it will be playing telephone tags with your ISP and Bell/Rogers. Once you know the service is reliable, switch to a third party.

It's better to get a Bell modem, ie Home Hub 2000 because you'll know it will work. A Bell tech will come and install and repair your services. And guess which modems are they dealing with everyday? There is not much to troubleshoot if you have the WAN light is red and the tech proved that there is a connection at the jack. They can easily replace the power supply and telephone cord or try with another modem in the van. Only if the tech wants to go the extra mile because Bell is only required to check at the demarcation.
Oct 10, 2007
76 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo, CAD
Just wanted to get a quick feedback on an issue I recently had with CanNet.
Aprox. 1 month ago this weird issue started to happen.
I'm connected with a GoogleWifi to their Cable modem and when I try to go this following 2 site I get this error:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://m.costco.ca/" on this server.
Reference #18.8df354b8.1515402758.8dfa35bb

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.homedepot.ca/" on this server.
Reference #18.15d408d1.1515457906.4989d2b

I've changed DNS, MACS, Clear cache, tried different browsers...still get the errors.

It only works when I connect to directly into their modem wired but once I go through any Router these error on random domains start to show up.

Thanks!