Expired Hot Deals

[CanNet] [Sponsored] Ontario New Year's Deal, 2-Year Price Guarantee FTTN 50M Internet $29.98/month

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
829 posts
97 upvotes
sika wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 11:05 pm
Just wanted to get a quick feedback on an issue I recently had with CanNet.
Aprox. 1 month ago this weird issue started to happen.
I'm connected with a GoogleWifi to their Cable modem and when I try to go this following 2 site I get this error:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://m.costco.ca/" on this server.
Reference #18.8df354b8.1515402758.8dfa35bb

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.homedepot.ca/" on this server.
Reference #18.15d408d1.1515457906.4989d2b

I've changed DNS, MACS, Clear cache, tried different browsers...still get the errors.

It only works when I connect to directly into their modem wired but once I go through any Router these error on random domains start to show up.

Thanks!
Hi There,

I saw that you were in touch with our technical support the last couple days and from what I can tell from the tickets it seems that your issues are resolved. :)
Apr 20, 2017
379 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
I'm using CIK's fttn internet now. If I switch to Cannet's 50m plan, do I need to do credit check again?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
829 posts
97 upvotes
mikimoto wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 10:11 am
I'm using CIK's fttn internet now. If I switch to Cannet's 50m plan, do I need to do credit check again?
Because we have a working partnership with CIK as our underlying carrier we cannot just take over their customers, you would have to call in and speak to CIK customer services what the possibilities are for switching to our services.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Dec 19, 2016
35 posts
5 upvotes
I am planing to switch to a higher speed one, 150M?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
829 posts
97 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 1:56 pm
Yes for Ontario Rogers area we have 150M unlimited for $49.98 monthly.
No contract
2-year price guarantee

Please check our promotion page for more details:

https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/X150M

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Just to quote myself. Just to let you know there is a fee when you switch to another plan it is on the bottom of our promotion page:

Note:

If existing cannet customer wants to switch, Needs to pay $90 conversion fee (Non-Refundable) + $100 deposit (which will be held without interests till cancellation) & No credit check along with the terms of the above plan.
Mar 19, 2017
34 posts
9 upvotes
If you live in a condo is FTTN recommended over cable? Anyone that can chime in on this?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
829 posts
97 upvotes
kcklzr wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 10:38 am
If you live in a condo is FTTN recommended over cable? Anyone that can chime in on this?
It all depends on what your internet usage is, what do you primarily do over the internet? In general, we do recommend FTTN because of less jitter and lower latency, especially if people like online gaming. However, there are too many factors that can cause big differences in experience with regards to choosing the right type of internet services in a condo. Hopefully, some users can tell you about their experiences and I must say our plans come with a 10 extended warranty/trial period. Let's say you have cable internet running now and you want to try out DSL internet services simultaneously, then you can do that. :)
Mar 19, 2017
34 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks for your reply but running 2 internet services is too expensive for me. I mainly use internet for wifi on my phone and Netflix.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
829 posts
97 upvotes
If you use the internet mainly for Netflix streaming and for wifi on your phone than our 50M FTTN is more than enough for you.
Or if you want our cable plan for ON we have a special deal for 75Mbs for $29.98 monthly.
Mar 19, 2017
34 posts
9 upvotes
Until when is this promotion valid? I am still comparing lots of Internet plans and I might move in a few months as well.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
829 posts
97 upvotes
kcklzr wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 6:52 pm
Until when is this promotion valid? I am still comparing lots of Internet plans and I might move in a few months as well.
For now the promotion is valid until at least the end of February. If something else comes up, I will let it know through the forums. You can always sign up for our plans and when you move you can activate services at your new address for a fee of $65. That way you won't lose the promotion plan in case it might be finished by the time you move.
Sep 25, 2013
154 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
The promotion they are offering for $29.99 (50/10) does not allow bring your own modem, the modem must be purchased from them for $199....If you would like to bring your own modem the same plan is offered for $39.99 which is same as https://www.carrytel.ca/index.aspx plans

Their promotions have a catch where modem fee is high or theres a configuration fee where they make the money from
Jul 4, 2017
53 posts
29 upvotes
Which modems do people have using this FTTN plan? Anyone has experience with the modem Cannet provides?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
829 posts
97 upvotes
georgesears wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 11:52 am
Which modems do people have using this FTTN plan? Anyone has experience with the modem Cannet provides?
We have the ZTE H268A which can support speeds up to 1000Mbps and is dual AC wireless router as well. I have it on very good authority that we are also getting new modems soon. As soon as I have more information, I will let it know through the forums.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1156 posts
296 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Aj8888 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 7:32 pm
The promotion they are offering for $29.99 (50/10) does not allow bring your own modem, the modem must be purchased from them for $199....If you would like to bring your own modem the same plan is offered for $39.99 which is same as https://www.carrytel.ca/index.aspx plans

Their promotions have a catch where modem fee is high or theres a configuration fee where they make the money from
Yes. They use this to offset part of monthly fee.
I signed up the plan via an agent who managed to get BYOD for me with processing fee $100. Bought a modem from Kijiji for $50. Saved $50.
I have a good router - NightHawk R7000. Used the modem in bridge mode.