Hot Deals

[CanNet] [Sponsored] Ontario New Year's Deal, 2-Year Price Guarantee FTTN 50M Internet $29.98/month

Dec 28, 2016
7 posts
8 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 2:24 pm
We have the ZTE H268A which can support speeds up to 1000Mbps and is dual AC wireless router as well. I have it on very good authority that we are also getting new modems soon. As soon as I have more information, I will let it know through the forums.
I am using this modem too.The wifi signal is good in this modem.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
636 posts
73 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 2:51 pm
Yes. They use this to offset part of monthly fee.
I signed up the plan via an agent who managed to get BYOD for me with processing fee $100. Bought a modem from Kijiji for $50. Saved $50.
I have a good router - NightHawk R7000. Used the modem in bridge mode.
I am glad and happy to see that everything seems to go well so far. Thank you for signing up with CanNet :)
Mar 19, 2017
34 posts
9 upvotes
benyami wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 4:13 pm
I am using this modem too.The wifi signal is good in this modem.
Do you live in a house or condo? What is the range for the modem?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
636 posts
73 upvotes
Yes we definitely do have cable plans for rogers area:

75M/10M $29.98 monthly
wireless modem rental $9.98 monthly
one-time activation fee of $29.95
https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/X75_150M

150M/15M $49.98 monthly
wireless modem rental $9.98 monthly
one-time activation fee of $29.95
https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/X150M

Please visit the promotion pages for more information. Don't hesitate to ask me anything if you have more questions.
Sep 20, 2017
82 posts
40 upvotes
Ontario
I need upgrade one family address DSL 25m to this plan. Called Modemoutlet and one guy called Long picked up. He said installation is $100 for BYOD 50M if I want use my smartrg 505n!!! Also he mentioned you have to tell Cannet your modem is TP-link 9970 or hub2000, otherwise cannet won't take it. ?????

He said he'll get new Smartrg wireless AC modem coming next week, but I need pay $10/month for rental. Total will be $40 with wireless ac modem include. It's not only if this smartrg modem is good.

He offered me same 75m plan for $35 plus one time $10 Asus rt-n53 router. I told him I'll wait smartrg ac modem feedback and decide later.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
636 posts
73 upvotes
TracyWater wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 10:48 am
I need upgrade one family address DSL 25m to this plan. Called Modemoutlet and one guy called Long picked up. He said installation is $100 for BYOD 50M if I want use my smartrg 505n!!! Also he mentioned you have to tell Cannet your modem is TP-link 9970 or hub2000, otherwise cannet won't take it. ?????

He said he'll get new Smartrg wireless AC modem coming next week, but I need pay $10/month for rental. Total will be $40 with wireless ac modem include. It's not only if this smartrg modem is good.

He offered me same 75m plan for $35 plus one time $10 Asus rt-n53 router. I told him I'll wait smartrg ac modem feedback and decide later.
It is true we don't support the smartRG505N for our FTTN plans. Unfortunately, that is the policy and not it is not up to me to change these policies. TG588V & TP-Link W9970vdsl and Home Hub 2000 are supported indeed.

Once I have more information about our new modem I will let you know. For now I can only give out that it is a high probability that our new FTTN modem will be the SmartRG SR616AC.

Once I have final confirmation or more information I will let know through the forums and our official channels.
Nov 22, 2016
42 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario
I called reseller, they also have the plan without credit check:
25M and 50M $34.98 AC modem $99 free installation. SmartRG SR616AC will available next week.
Nov 22, 2016
42 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 11:39 am
It is true we don't support the smartRG505N for our FTTN plans. Unfortunately, that is the policy and not it is not up to me to change these policies. TG588V & TP-Link W9970vdsl and Home Hub 2000 are supported indeed.

Once I have more information about our new modem I will let you know. For now I can only give out that it is a high probability that our new FTTN modem will be the SmartRG SR616AC.

Once I have final confirmation or more information I will let know through the forums and our official channels.
VDSL modem just needs to put login name and password in the modem. Many customer use bridge mode on the vdsl modem, did we really need the modem support list? Like Bell hub 1000 is one of the best modem not even on the list?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
636 posts
73 upvotes
Dragon2016 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:04 am
VDSL modem just needs to put login name and password in the modem. Many customer use bridge mode on the vdsl modem, did we really need the modem support list? Like Bell hub 1000 is one of the best modem not even on the list?
Sorry, I don't really understand your question that well. Are you referring to which modems are compatible with our FTTN plans? For now the compatible modems are TG588V & TP-Link W9970vdsl and Home Hub 2000 and again, I am not making the policies of which modems do or do not support our plans. I am merely the messenger here.

Other people have probably more experience with the Home Hub 1000 and they can chime in with their opinion or maybe you can explain why it is one of the best modems out there? If it is a must-have modem I can always take note of it and bring it up during an internal meeting.
Nov 22, 2016
42 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:44 am
Sorry, I don't really understand your question that well. Are you referring to which modems are compatible with our FTTN plans? For now the compatible modems are TG588V & TP-Link W9970vdsl and Home Hub 2000 and again, I am not making the policies of which modems do or do not support our plans. I am merely the messenger here.

Other people have probably more experience with the Home Hub 1000 and they can chime in with their opinion or maybe you can explain why it is one of the best modems out there? If it is a must-have modem I can always take note of it and bring it up during an internal meeting.
Virgin Mobile and Bell Canada still use the Bell hub 1000. I am sure the Bell hub 1000 will better than TG588V & TP-Link W9970.
Jan 18, 2006
433 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:44 am

I was thinking about switching until I realized SmartRG 505N is for some reason not supported by CanNet, and no reason has been given.

I know a lot of people own that modem and not everyone is going to be willing to buy/rent another modem, so at the end Cannet loses out.

It is difficult for us to be understanding of that decision when a proper reason is not provided other than the usual vague "it's just corporate policy" or "technical limitations" which may or may not be true. The way I understand it is that the company already knows a lot of people have and use the SmartRG, and Cannet want to be able to earn more money by selling these people a new modem. I just know personally I will not be switching because of this mysteriously unexplained "corporate policy", and you might want to reflect that to upper management, especially if it's going to cost them customers because of this "corporate policy". Feel free to PM me when things change, and I will gladly switch over if the rate and service remains good. Cheers.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
636 posts
73 upvotes
redplanet wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 1:32 pm
I was thinking about switching until I realized SmartRG 505N is for some reason not supported by CanNet, and no reason has been given.

I know a lot of people own that modem and not everyone is going to be willing to buy/rent another modem, so at the end Cannet loses out.

It is difficult for us to be understanding of that decision when a proper reason is not provided other than the usual vague "it's just corporate policy" or "technical limitations" which may or may not be true. The way I understand it is that the company already knows a lot of people have and use the SmartRG, and Cannet want to be able to earn more money by selling these people a new modem. I just know personally I will not be switching because of this mysteriously unexplained "corporate policy", and you might want to reflect that to upper management, especially if it's going to cost them customers because of this "corporate policy". Feel free to PM me when things change, and I will gladly switch over if the rate and service remains good. Cheers.
You are both making good points and I will surely bring this up to management since it is apparent that so many people have the SmartRG 505N modem. And of course, if I know more, I will surely disclose that with the RFD community on the forums.
Oct 7, 2017
58 posts
8 upvotes
redplanet wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 1:32 pm

Well there is a workout if your signed through reseller. I did sign up Cannet 50m with reseller Long @ modemoutlet. It's for my cousin in Waterloo. He bought this Smartrg 505n from Teksavvy long times ago.

When Long did sign up for my order, he input a TP-link 9970 modem serial number and mac address instead. He said he has bunch of compatible modems in stock. Anybody who want use Smartrg 505n with Cannet, just call the toll free number ended with 1234 in first page and they'll hook you up.

Yes I did pay $100 installation. It's still a bargain considering it's $10 or more lower than any other 50M plan.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
636 posts
73 upvotes
One of the reasons that we don't want the customer to bring in their own modem is that we simply have no way of knowing if the modem has any hardware defects or not. I know that most of you on these forums here and on other forums as well are very tech-savvy and know more about the technical intricacies of the internet and its devices. As a simple part of elimination of a lot of issues among our not so tech-savvy customers is when we provide them our own modems, we generally have less technical issues. We also have lifetime warranty if you rent our hardware and we will replace any defective devices for free when you are a CanNet customer.

We are also bringing out our new modem next week the SmartRG SR616AC. That will also help streamline our services and according to my peers, it is a superior modem with better range and Wi-Fi capabilities.