Expired Hot Deals

[CanNet] [Sponsored] Ontario New Year's Deal, 2-Year Price Guarantee FTTN 50M Internet $29.98/month

Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1355 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
xseanx wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 1:40 pm
seems like people were complaining about cable been throttled....would like to hear about FFTN and speeds during peak hours?
Where have you seen these complaints?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
I want to re-iterate again and clear things up: We at CanNet do NOT throttle or implement any form of internet traffic management practices at all. That goes against the rules and regulations of the CRTC
Jan 18, 2006
435 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 2:30 pm
You are both making good points and I will surely bring this up to management since it is apparent that so many people have the SmartRG 505N modem. And of course, if I know more, I will surely disclose that with the RFD community on the forums.
Thank you, would love to hear back for any update on this.
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 5:47 pm
One of the reasons that we don't want the customer to bring in their own modem is that we simply have no way of knowing if the modem has any hardware defects or not. I know that most of you on these forums here and on other forums as well are very tech-savvy and know more about the technical intricacies of the internet and its devices. As a simple part of elimination of a lot of issues among our not so tech-savvy customers is when we provide them our own modems, we generally have less technical issues. We also have lifetime warranty if you rent our hardware and we will replace any defective devices for free when you are a CanNet customer.

We are also bringing out our new modem next week the SmartRG SR616AC. That will also help streamline our services and according to my peers, it is a superior modem with better range and Wi-Fi capabilities.
That is a valid point, but it doesn't explain that why the current SmartRG 505N owners are being singled out, what about the TG588V & TP-Link W9970vdsl and Home Hub 2000 owners who may own defective devices? It also doesn't explain people going with the reseller who reports a different modem being used instead of the SmartRG 505N are having success, because this means the SmartRG 505N IS compatible (as it should like every other VDSL ISP), and the limitation is artificially imposed for reasons which we hope can be explained to us.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
redplanet wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 11:32 pm
Thank you, would love to hear back for any update on this.

That is a valid point, but it doesn't explain that why the current SmartRG 505N owners are being singled out, what about the TG588V & TP-Link W9970vdsl and Home Hub 2000 owners who may own defective devices? It also doesn't explain people going with the reseller who reports a different modem being used instead of the SmartRG 505N are having success, because this means the SmartRG 505N IS compatible (as it should like every other VDSL ISP), and the limitation is artificially imposed for reasons which we hope can be explained to us.
Hi there,

We at CanNet have listened to people's concerns about bringing in their own modems and we agree it was not fair to single out SmartRG 505N users so we updated our promotion with the following:
We do listen to the RFD community and continue to cherish you for the insights you provide so we can improve our services:

https://www.cannettel.com/Promotion/X50fttn
  • it is now 1-year price guarantee for $29.98 monthly.
  • Unlimited usage
  • a processing fee of $29.95 whether you Bring Your Own Device or rent our SmartRg Sr616AC for $5 monthly.
SmartRG SR505N, Bell Home Hub 2000, TG588V & TP-Link W9970vdsl are supported. If you want to sign up with your own modem just call in and just pay a one-time processing fee of $29.95.
Monthly fee for 50M FTTN will be $29.98

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Sep 5, 2014
6 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
I just got the FTTN 50 from Cannet and had it installed on Feb 7, last week. I sold my SmartRG 505N and then got the TG588V. I spoke with numerous representatives to lower the processing fee and no one would budge so i finally bit the bullet and paid $100 for processing fee!!! Now the processing fee is reduced to 29.95. Can you help??
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
kaimaibao wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 12:38 pm
I just got the FTTN 50 from Cannet and had it installed on Feb 7, last week. I sold my SmartRG 505N and then got the TG588V. I spoke with numerous representatives to lower the processing fee and no one would budge so i finally bit the bullet and paid $100 for processing fee!!! Now the processing fee is reduced to 29.95. Can you help??
Hi there,

Send you a PM
Feb 17, 2017
445 posts
59 upvotes
Hi Cannet,

I am looking to switch from Rogers. I have to give them some notice but when I place the order with you I don't know when my service will be up and running or when the modem will arrive.
I don't want to sit days without home internet. This happened to me with my parents house on the cogeco network. The cogeco tech showed up and we weren't home and had to wait a week.

What can you tell me about this transition period?
Who you know matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3865 posts
921 upvotes
Canuckland
DIrty-D wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 12:14 pm
Where have you seen these complaints?
These guys are known to throttle unless you complain really hard. I went with Robbers $30/month 150mbps unlimited

Oh and Indian tech support whom don't speak English.

Their speedtest is cached and you can only check real speed with fast.com
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
Leonidas wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:36 pm
Hi Cannet,

I am looking to switch from Rogers. I have to give them some notice but when I place the order with you I don't know when my service will be up and running or when the modem will arrive.
I don't want to sit days without home internet. This happened to me with my parents house on the cogeco network. The cogeco tech showed up and we weren't home and had to wait a week.

What can you tell me about this transition period?

Hi there,
Did you finalize and ordered our services yet? If so please provide me your customer ID or order number and phone number in a PM so I can take a look at it. Our customer care team will check your order status.

Normally we would need the cancellation of your services with Rogers and it takes 15 days before the services can be transferred from Rogers to us.

Kind regards,

CanNet
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
1883 posts
89 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
I ended up switching from Cannet fttn 25mbit to Rogers 500mbit for the same price (targeted offer). I found the service to be somewhat reliable, but did see some slowdowns when traffic was not being funneled through a vpn.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
demanche wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 5:16 pm
I ended up switching from Cannet fttn 25mbit to Rogers 500mbit for the same price (targeted offer). I found the service to be somewhat reliable, but did see some slowdowns when traffic was not being funneled through a vpn.
I understand why you would switch to that 500mbit plan. It is impossible for almost any ISP to compete with those targeted FTTP prices/offers. In my opinion, our plans are already providing great value for some if not the lowest prices for FTTN or cable internet on the market.
Feb 17, 2017
445 posts
59 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 5:07 pm
Hi there,
Did you finalize and ordered our services yet? If so please provide me your customer ID or order number and phone number in a PM so I can take a look at it. Our customer care team will check your order status.

Normally we would need the cancellation of your services with Rogers and it takes 15 days before the services can be transferred from Rogers to us.

Kind regards,

CanNet
Haven't ordered yet. So you are telling me that once my service with Rogers ends I have to wait 15 days for your service to kick in ???
Who you know matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
807 posts
95 upvotes
Leonidas wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 7:42 pm
Haven't ordered yet. So you are telling me that once my service with Rogers ends I have to wait 15 days for your service to kick in ???
Yes, unfortunately that is the process for transfer of services from Rogers to our network. The time of the transfer process is similar among all re-sellers. We hope in the future this process can be sped up.
Dec 7, 2016
29 posts
50 upvotes
mikimoto wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 10:11 am
I'm using CIK's fttn internet now. If I switch to Cannet's 50m plan, do I need to do credit check again?
How are you finding the FTTN service, would you consider yourself to be heavy internet users during peak hours? (e.g lots of netflix and streaming)
Apr 20, 2017
365 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
lePetitPrince wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 11:40 am
How are you finding the FTTN service, would you consider yourself to be heavy internet users during peak hours? (e.g lots of netflix and streaming)
I just watch videos on YouTube up to 1 hour per night, so I don't think I am a heavy user.