Hot Deals

Locked: [ON] Cannet Telecom 100/10 Internet $39.99/month + $30 sign up fee + free modem rental

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2017 3:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3481 posts
815 upvotes
Canuckland

[ON] Cannet Telecom 100/10 Internet $39.99/month + $30 sign up fee + free modem rental

Deal Link:

Got this deal through Cannet so I thought would share it with ya'll

Basically, when you get a rep and ask for the 100/10 Internet they'll tell you that it is $49.99 after their "promo code" and some ridiculous $99 fee for installation.
However, if you mention them that a reseller* (which I cannot speak of) is offering $29 sign up fee, $39.99/month and $5/$7modem (pick your modem, they will match them).

*You don't even need to mention its name because they already know about it, they are just playing dumb. if you really wanted to find out, google it; they will be the first one.

Here are your options on modem (Unfortunately you cannot bring your own modem)

Wireless Modem Cisco DPC3848 $7/month

Hitron CDA3 $5/month (YOU WANT THIS ONE)*

Update just found out in the contract .
They are contract lease to own modem for a $5 or $7 on a 2 year contract term.

Cisco=$168
Hitron=$120

*Chances are you already have a wireless router at home so you don't need another one.

vs

Full disclosure: I am not associated with Cannet in any way.

THEY USED TO THROTTLE YOUR INTERNET

Whether they want to admit or not, they slow down your connection on peak hours.
Speedtest.net tests don't mean anything when you cannot even watch NetFlix!

Wanna find out if you are being throttle? Go to this link https://www.battleforthenet.com/internethealthtest/

Is it worth it? Yes, I'll take cannet over any other ISP but their dishonesty is sad.
Their "Supervisor of Tech Support" assured that there was no throttling but their parent company CikTel does throttle, where does that leave customer?

Cannet employess will keep down voting my post but what gives...

UPDATE 03/21/2017

They seem to have fixed the throttling problem and now they added FREE MODEM RENTAL

UPDATE 26-Feb-2017

Useless and rude Tech support, they are from India and have no idea what they are talking about.
Stay away until after March 2nd, if this continue I'd say go with someone else.

Check speed on fast.com and reports from https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport

Fast.com got me 3mb/s

Doesn't look good for Cannet AKA Ciktel they are the same COMPANY

UPDATE 23-Feb-2017

Phoned them up and they claim they are upgrading their network and that March 2nd will be normal speeds. YMMV

UPDATE

They throttle weekends between 7:00-12:00 AM based on my findings.

Downloads for big files decrease significantly and high quality videos are not playable without waiting (kodi movies for example)
Also, steam downloads

Off peak hours I'd get 12-15mb/s downloads

Update 2

It seems that they throttle steam very badly 7-12 am.
Watching Kodi is fine though

UPDATE 3 - More throttling

At the same time

Last edited by DealCanuck on Jan 25th, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Share:
Thread Summary
Despite some signs of slow down for earlier customers, which have been reported completely fixed, some users have not experienced any slow down from the start at all. DeltaSingh and others have provided proof in this thread. Locations may vary. The CEO of Cannet has provided a direct line of communication if you cannot get a particular issue resolved. You as a consumer, are also backed up by the CCTS.

Here are DeltaSingh's test results (note the times):
cannet-telecom-100-10-internet-39-99-mo ... #p27484033
cannet-telecom-100-10-internet-39-99-mo ... #p27490224
cannet-telecom-100-10-internet-39-99-mo ... #p27497116

Here's the contact information if you experience any issues after signing up -
For real customers, please email Cannet CEO (info@cannettel.com) with your order number if you face speed problem, or claim your $100 bonus.

"No Throttling Guaranteed
As a licensed Internet Service provider, registered with the CRTC, we are following the CRTC ruling for ITMP. Currently we are not implementing any ITMP in our network for any applications at any time. For any customers in Great Toronto area, if feel internet is throttled in peak hour, can report issue direct to our escalation team info@cannettel.com, we will send a Can-net Technician to bring a laptop to verify. if slow speed or any application throttling is proved by Can-net, we will give 100$ bonus as special award."
1232 replies
Nov 17, 2016
284 posts
285 upvotes
Ontario Rogers service area only - please write that in title

Cogeco, Quebec & West pricing is significantly higher.
Oct 27, 2008
898 posts
145 upvotes
Look Like Ontario Promo only (at least, that's what i said from it Reseller)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3481 posts
815 upvotes
Canuckland
I believe you can check on their website and ask for the same deal.

Most likely ON only
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3481 posts
815 upvotes
Canuckland
Travellots wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 1:08 pm
Ontario Rogers service area only - please write that in title

Cogeco, Quebec & West pricing is significantly higher.
Btw
West has way better deals with Shaw.
Aug 31, 2005
900 posts
531 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 1:37 pm
Btw
West has way better deals with Shaw.
How is Shaw better than this? Best I see is $50/mo for 150/10 for the first year with two year contract. After that second year is $80/mo. Is that what you consider a better deal?

From my point of view. Bandwidth has a diminishing return. Once you go over 50mbit/s you don't really notice a speed increase as much, as most websites won't provide this much bandwidth to you anyway while your basic bandwidth already handle half a dozen HD streams + gaming + voip + surfing with ease. Comparing 100mb to 150mb isn't exactly a 50% improvement anymore. So it really doesn't justifies being 50% more expensive.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6231 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
Cannet is a CIK reseller correct? I thought CIK had a bad rep for network performance.
Aug 16, 2016
16 posts
1 upvote
Same price as Carrytel's offer.

As I know Carrytel has paused its deal.
Last edited by hangsellao on Jan 25th, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Money. Power. Respect.
Nov 16, 2008
273 posts
137 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 2:04 pm
Is this somewhat a REPOST?? or it's basically same one as Carrytel offer?
Way to give away *the reseller that shall remain nameless*
Mar 18, 2008
5 posts
1 upvote
Markham
Can existing customers upgrade to the plan who already have a paid-up modem (hitron) from cannet?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3481 posts
815 upvotes
Canuckland
vipervenom25 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 2:37 pm
Can existing customers upgrade to the plan who already have a paid-up modem (hitron) from cannet?
Depends if it is available in your area.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3481 posts
815 upvotes
Canuckland
hamachi wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 2:08 pm
Way to give away *the reseller that shall remain nameless*
It's not the same, Carrytel is another provider.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3481 posts
815 upvotes
Canuckland
ID01 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 2:01 pm
How is Shaw better than this? Best I see is $50/mo for 150/10 for the first year with two year contract. After that second year is $80/mo. Is that what you consider a better deal?

From my point of view. Bandwidth has a diminishing return. Once you go over 50mbit/s you don't really notice a speed increase as much, as most websites won't provide this much bandwidth to you anyway while your basic bandwidth already handle half a dozen HD streams + gaming + voip + surfing with ease. Comparing 100mb to 150mb isn't exactly a 50% improvement anymore. So it really doesn't justifies being 50% more expensive.
$60 month unlimited for 12 months no sign up fees, for a tried and true service.

How is that not better?
Nov 17, 2016
284 posts
285 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 2:41 pm
$60 month unlimited for 12 months no sign up fees, for a tried and true service.

How is that not better?
12m @ $60 then what... $80? $120? Shaw is stingy when it comes to retention offers.

As far as whether you want to be on CIKtel network in Ontario... I hear a lot more bad stories about them compared to their western network. They throttle videos a lot but you can still get advertised speed for other things during peak hours in the west (as of now).
Last edited by Travellots on Jan 25th, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel