Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [ON] Cannet Telecom 100/10 Internet $39.99/month + $30 sign up fee + free modem rental

Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
1739 posts
638 upvotes
There're more to read about CIK on DSLR. Jordan said that himself, CanNet is CIK.
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" -- Aragorn
Hath no loyalty to any ISP, for you shall receive none!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1247 posts
246 upvotes
Ottawa
bogolisk wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 2:51 pm
Don't tell me you're that naive. CIK is capable of targeted throttling (they've done it in the past.) What prevents them to turn-on the throttle only after the 10-days trial period?
Cannet may have congestion problem at night. So what ? It's only $40. $40 is less than other "good" ISP's 30m price. Most of time You will get 100m. It's a no brain choice if you need fast and affordable internet.

Cannet offer free installation. I can afford the $45 charge ($40+ $5 modem rental) to try an ISP. Bottom line I use 100m for $45 for 30 days. It's equal to 4 x-large domino pizza I ordered this week. Or 20 cups x-large Tim Hortons coffee.

There is no need curse one ISP and make other ISP shine up. It won't work. All these low price ISP has this and that problem. There is no need to magnify it 10 times and make Cannet looks like the worst in the planet.

Cannet is not the best ISP for sure,but its low upfront cost (free shipping) and low monthly cost ($40/month for unlimited 100m) make it stand up.

There are many other ISP in Canada. Bell/rogers/Teksavvy/carrytel/acanac/cik/ebox/distributel. Go with other ISP if you don't like Cannet, there is no need repeating "Cannet 100m is only 3m at night" 100 times. If it's real, all the subscriber will leave using their "10 days full money back" term.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Jan 20, 2017
145 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Once a loser, always a loser.
Thank you RFDer for:
Zoomer $36 plan 2GB Data 400 Minutes Free HUAWEI GR5
Cannet $35 plan 30M/5M Free Modem
Total GCR cashback $356.41

NEVER argue with a negative person.
You will always lose.
Jun 1, 2016
458 posts
262 upvotes
kanata2004 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:39 pm
There is no need curse one ISP and make other ISP shine up. It won't work. All these low price ISP has this and that problem. There is no need to magnify it 10 times and make Cannet looks like the worst in the planet.

Cannet is not the best ISP for sure,but its low upfront cost (free shipping) and low monthly cost ($40/month for unlimited 100m) make it stand up.

There are many other ISP in Canada. Bell/rogers/Teksavvy/carrytel/acanac/cik/ebox/distributel. Go with other ISP if you don't like Cannet, there is no need repeating "Cannet 100m is only 3m at night" 100 times. If it's real, all the subscriber will leave using their "10 days full money back" term.
I see people are still just trying to fan the fire of their conspiracy theories, I stopped arguing with these kooks. I'd suggest you add to the thread summary with your experience as I did.
Having trouble setting up the Koodo $49 6gb plan yourself? DON'T PAY THE KIJIJI GUYS, I'll help you for FREE
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1247 posts
246 upvotes
Ottawa
DeltaSingh wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 8:46 pm
I see people are still just trying to fan the fire of their conspiracy theories, I stopped arguing with these kooks. I'd suggest you add to the thread summary with your experience as I did.
Thanks.

I just copy and paste the $100 throttle bonus email in thread summary. For whoever want complain ,complain there and make your $100 bonus , equal 2 month free ( tax included).

If you are real customer, complain to Cannet CEO directly. If Cannet can't resolve the problem , cancel its service , and go to a faster ISP such as Bell/Rogers ( both meet speed part of "ISP's 3 qualification" theory).
Apr 21, 2011
180 posts
37 upvotes
thornhill
Where can I find the $39.99 100mbps deal? Went on Cannet website its $59.99-$10 =$49.99?
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
869 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
frenchtoast wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 11:07 pm
Where can I find the $39.99 100mbps deal? Went on Cannet website its $59.99-$10 =$49.99?
There is a certain reseller selling it for that price. Google "cannet reseller" and it's the first result. What you can do is quote the offer the reseller lists on its website and you can get the same offer from the cannet reps directly.
May 23, 2016
59 posts
20 upvotes
GTA
Shockingly, it seems that Cannet "fixed" (unthrottled) my internet since over the weekend at peak hours. Although I haven't done extensive testing, Youtube streams 1440p perfectly with no buffer, same with Netflix (fast.com shows 50-70 down atm). Can't speak for others that was throttled beforehand, but I guess patience paid off while waiting for Carrytel to open up their plan. Let's hope they don't have usage cap but I wouldn't be surprise if they did.

Must be the pressure from all the backlashes they've received. Too bad they fixed my net before having to fork out the $100.
Jun 13, 2008
984 posts
118 upvotes
Burlington, ON
LeakingDollar wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:13 pm
Shockingly, it seems that Cannet "fixed" (unthrottled) my internet since over the weekend at peak hours.
Mine has been good for the past couple days after I email their support and complained of the slow Netflix/Youtube speeds. I was getting about 2Mbps on fast.com during peak times, but now it's around 60Mbps.

Did you email or call tech support to solve your problem, or is it now just working without any intervention on your part?
Last edited by flyboy320 on Mar 20th, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 23, 2016
59 posts
20 upvotes
GTA
flyboy320 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:26 pm
Mine has been good for the past couple days after I email their support and complained of the slow Netflix/Youtube speeds. I was getting about 2Mbps on fast.com during peak times, but now it'as around 60Mbps.

Did you email or call tech support to solve your problem, or is it now just working without any intervention on your part?
Same case with me was getting 2mbps on fast. It just randomly resolved over the weekend when I was watching Youtube and noticed the quality on Auto mode was at 1080p, checked again just now since its on a weekday instead and everything is fine. Although I did phone in to their CS a couple times last few weeks but they were stubborn and useless.

Maybe they are lifting the throttle for everyone or selectively doing it, not sure. All is well for now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3518 posts
825 upvotes
Canuckland
According to them it was a "bug" and now everyone should be getting the right speed else they'd have to give you $100 credit
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
869 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up for Cannet 100 Mbps cable plan for April 10th under the latest promotion on their blog. Will post my results when installed.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
3518 posts
825 upvotes
Canuckland
netusername wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 6:31 am
I signed up for Cannet 100 Mbps cable plan for April 10th under the latest promotion on their blog. Will post my results when installed.
Now I gotta call to get my free modem rental :/
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1247 posts
246 upvotes
Ottawa
DealCanuck wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 8:20 am
Now I gotta call to get my free modem rental :/
It's obvious an offer against their main competitor.
Jun 8, 2016
52 posts
12 upvotes
Question ... the free modem rental does it apply to existing customer ? I signed up earlier on and I am paying the $5 modem fee, can anyone tell me ??

Also can someone please tell me when did they "fix" the throttle issue ?? I still experience throttle like symptoms, especially on applications like Steam, i signed up for the 100/10 package and my download speed during peak hours are only 200kb on Steam, and right after peak hours my download speed jumps to 12mbps / sec...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)