Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: [ON] Cannet Telecom 100/10 Internet $39.99/month + $30 sign up fee + free modem rental

Banned
Apr 11, 2012
870 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
maddawg wrote: Hmm, so anyone experiencing speed issues will need to contact them. They are only white listing ips to avoid bad press. I actually cancelled my service, but decided to give them another chance. Checking my download logs and there is a congestion (maybe throttling) issue at peak time. I have no time to contact the CEO and do a song a dance to have my issues fixed. Just want something that works and give me close to the speed they are advertising during peak time. All this time I assumed you were a subscriber to their service.
Umm could be a reading problem. Funny you have time to post lots here but not enough to send a simple email.

You say they are whitelisting. What if there is another issue? But if you didn't contact you'll never know and I guess that's fine. Anyways, wish you the best on Carrytel. Hope this is the end of your complaints.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2001
5032 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
netusername wrote: Umm could be a reading problem. Funny you have time to post lots here but not enough to send a simple email.

You say they are whitelisting. What if there is another issue? But if you didn't contact you'll never know and I guess that's fine. Anyways, wish you the best on Carrytel. Hope this is the end of your complaints.
I have read the thread and followed it closely. I am fully aware of how they are trying to appease those subscribers who complain. Yes, funny I refuse to send an email and spend time for them to trouble shoot a know problem on there part. This approach to their service is dishonest. What I find funny, you are defending a service and not a customer. But, let me digress for a moment, why are there some many "right fighters" on RFD. So, I can now compare 2 services and find one is just better without jumping through hoops. So for your information, I have been a customer for the past 2 months, how about you?
You can give a person knowledge, but you can't make them think. Some people want to remain fools because the truth requires change.
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
870 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
maddawg wrote: I have read the thread and followed it closely. I am fully aware of how they are trying to appease those subscribers who complain. Yes, funny I refuse to send an email and spend time for them to trouble shoot a know problem on there part. This approach to their service is dishonest. What I find funny, you are defending a service and not a customer. But, let me digress for a moment, why are there some many "right fighters" on RFD. So, I can now compare 2 services and find one is just better without jumping through hoops. So for your information, I have been a customer for the past 2 months, how about you?
How am I defending Cannet? I'm defending you. Freakin complain via email or CCTS or get off Cannet like you've already done. Or are you just here to "spray" your last cheap shots complaining lol

How about you look at it from my point of view? I will be getting the service installed soon. Do I want to hear someone who did NOTHING to get his/her problems resolved and just complains? No. If I wanted to pay a lot more, I wouldn't leave Bell which I'm paying almost double for half the service.

You are so absolutely convinced that there is whitelist of some sort. What if there really isn't a whitelist and you have some other problem??
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2001
5032 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
netusername wrote: How am I defending Cannet? I'm defending you. Freakin complain via email or CCTS or get off Cannet like you've already done. Or are you just here to "spray" your last cheap shots complaining lol

How about you look at it from my point of view? I will be getting the service installed soon. Do I want to hear someone who did NOTHING to get his/her problems resolved and just complains? No. If I wanted to pay a lot more, I wouldn't leave Bell which I'm paying almost double for half the service.

You are so absolutely convinced that there is whitelist of some sort. What if there really isn't a whitelist and you have some other problem??
I have noticed this trend with your post with your posting, you seem to think your ASSumption is always correct. I have a lot more important things to worry about than chasing after this provider to fix a congestion issue. Also, I currently have both services to compare. Carrytel was installed on April 2 and cannet in February. Prior to February I had another provider which did not have this issue. Cannet just sucks during peak time. But why bother even having a discussion with someone who is not a customer. How about actually customers chiming in with their experience at peak time. Also, stop being such a "right fighter," im sure there are other causes which require those talents.
You can give a person knowledge, but you can't make them think. Some people want to remain fools because the truth requires change.
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
870 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
maddawg wrote: I have noticed this trend with your post with your posting, you seem to think your ASSumption is always correct. I have a lot more important things to worry about than chasing after this provider to fix a congestion issue. Also, I currently have both services to compare. Carrytel was installed on April 2 and cannet in February. Prior to February I had another provider which did not have this issue. Cannet just sucks during peak time. But why bother even having a discussion with someone who is not a customer. How about actually customers chiming in with their experience at peak time. Also, stop being such a "right fighter," im sure there are other causes which require those talents.
Yeah, maybe those customers aren't having any issues that's why they are not participating?
Ok, you called me an ASS - fine. Whether you agree with me or not, doesn't it make sense for you to contact Cannet to ask about this issue? Honestly, come on! Use the info@cannettel.com email.

The real story here is that you've already signed up with Carrytel and don't really care about making any effort resolving any issues you are having and just want to complain here before disconnecting. Well, I can kind of respect that but it doesn't really help anyone else willing to take advantage of a good deal. There are people here not having issues and you would know that had you really been reading the thread from as long as you claim you are.
Jul 20, 2012
261 posts
161 upvotes
maddawg wrote: I have noticed this trend with your post with your posting, you seem to think your ASSumption is always correct. I have a lot more important things to worry about than chasing after this provider to fix a congestion issue. Also, I currently have both services to compare. Carrytel was installed on April 2 and cannet in February. Prior to February I had another provider which did not have this issue. Cannet just sucks during peak time. But why bother even having a discussion with someone who is not a customer. How about actually customers chiming in with their experience at peak time. Also, stop being such a "right fighter," im sure there are other causes which require those talents.
Didn't some people say that their "throttling" was fixed after emailing the so called "ceo".

On a side note, what area are you from, curious if location is a big concern.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2001
5032 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
VitaXllent wrote: Didn't some people say that their "throttling" was fixed after emailing the so called "ceo".

On a side note, what area are you from, curious if location is a big concern.
Located in Scarborough by Port Union/Lawrence. Well just for craps and giggle, I emailed the CEO. I had cancelled my service effective April 10. Called on Saturday to stop the cancellation after it appears speeds were much better. Decided email them today after debating with Mr Right Fighter and non customer. Just received an response to my complaint and was informed my cancellation was processed. So my decision is made for me to move on. All the best to their customer base and hopefully they improve service during peak. Too bad they have such horrible customer service.
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
870 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
maddawg wrote: Located in Scarborough by Port Union/Lawrence. Well just for craps and giggle, I emailed the CEO. I had cancelled my service effective April 10. Called on Saturday to stop the cancellation after it appears speeds were much better. Decided email them today after debating with Mr Right Fighter and non customer. Just received an response to my complaint and was informed my cancellation was processed. So my decision is made for me to move on. All the best to their customer base and hopefully they improve service during peak. Too bad they have such horrible customer service.
Ok. Hope you find better pastures and I really do mean that. It goes with saying but I'll say it anyways, you should've emailed the CEO before putting in your cancellation.

One way to look at the whole situation before concluding that it's a contest between you and "Mr Right" is that what could I have possibly to gain from asking you to email the ceo if you have any issue with speeds? What would you gain from being asked to email the ceo? This contact pathway is made for people like you, available for all customers, according to their own email. The issue is very simple.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2001
5032 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
netusername wrote: Ok. Hope you find better pastures and I really do mean that. It goes with saying but I'll say it anyways, you should've emailed the CEO before putting in your cancellation.

One way to look at the whole situation before concluding that it's a contest between you and "Mr Right" is that what could I have possibly to gain from asking you to email the ceo if you have any issue with speeds? What would you gain from being asked to email the ceo? This contact pathway is made for people like you, available for all customers, according to their own email. The issue is very simple.
Do you need to have the last word. It's done lets both move on. Enjoy the service whenever it's installed. It's actually quite interesting how your mind works. All the power to you and I'm glad you are not my neighbour.
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
870 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
maddawg wrote: Do you need to have the last word. It's done lets both move on. Enjoy the service whenever it's installed. It's actually quite interesting how your mind works. All the power to you and I'm glad you are not my neighbour.
Wow, much hate and illogicality from you. Even after saying you're "moving on", you can't resist making a couple of extra jabs at me. You may seem to think so, but there is no such thing as the "last word" for me because I'm not in an argument with you and will continue posting here honestly.
Feb 4, 2017
166 posts
129 upvotes
You are both completely insufferable.
Banned
Mar 9, 2017
138 posts
22 upvotes
bobbyhavoc wrote: You are both completely insufferable.
I'm just here for the comments...