Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CanNet Telecom

[Sponsored] Switch to 100M Unlimited Cable Internet at Only $39.98/month (ON)

Oct 17, 2004
47 posts
18 upvotes
Brampton
This is my third night without internet! I just wanna speak to someone in Canada that can actually provide me with some customer service
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
linh_tq wrote: This is my third night without internet! I just wanna speak to someone in Canada that can actually provide me with some customer service

Try emailing "CEO"
Jun 29, 2005
494 posts
65 upvotes
linh_tq wrote: This is my third night without internet! I just wanna speak to someone in Canada that can actually provide me with some customer service
I got a friend that has the same issue and I posted to the wrong forum about it. :) They need to have some technicians in Canada. Email and call CEO...
Apr 21, 2006
155 posts
51 upvotes
Oakville
see if you have a signal to the modem first. post the type of modem you have and the lights that are on.
80% of the time it's a signal problem from either rogers/bell and not necessarily the third party provider - telcom/ teksavvy, startdsl, etc
Oct 17, 2004
47 posts
18 upvotes
Brampton
Power upload and download lights are on. Online light is orange or sometimes nothing. Customer service won't let me cancel nor refund me! They charge me 53.06 for first month already and did not credit me $33.xx for installation. I will never use any services where there is no customer service In Canada ever again! Can-net, nothing can-Adian about it! They don't understand anything about customer service and are only trained to do things by the book. Even if they solve my issue. No thanks!
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
I have asked our CEO and he said there he did not receive any emails from you in past week. So you can send me your contact information via PM so that we can contact you or you can contact our 7x24 live support 416-8002323 and provide reference number if your issue is not solved right away. I will follow with you to check and your issue and you can post the result and reply from us here if you like.

Also you can always email 7/24 customer service at care@cannettel.com
Dec 6, 2012
431 posts
253 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
I am currently on Rogers 100/10 ignite internet on a 2 yr contract ending Feb 2018. What does "Switch free without any costs from your current internet provider" mean?

Does it mean if i switch now, you have an arrangement with Rogers to not charge me early cancellation fees?
Jun 21, 2017
4 posts
3 upvotes
EDIT: It's been working a lot better now.... ill keep an eye on it and repost if it gets bad again...

I just switched to CanNet and noticed they were throttling my torrent speed, i called up to complain, and now my torrents work fine, but youtube 4k video cant play.... checked into it, limited as well....

is this normal or is my line messed up?

i can get full speed in a speed test, but youtube is staying belore 3000Kbs, only during peak hours.... i was getting 62000Kbs earlier

my first experience calling tech support was terrible, i waited on the line 45 minutes the first time, and when the support agent left the call to dead air for 5 minutes (after just repeating to me scripted non-sense) i called back and waited 1 hour on the line, and then the phone system sent me to voicemail.... i gave up cus my torrents magically started downloading at full speed.

I am not sure about this service, throttling data way below 100megs for no reason, this doesn't feel like a 100meg line at all.....

not sure if my line is messed up, if they can't fix it im switching, i suggest everyone who switched check your internet speeds for torrents and hd video on youtube at the very least.
Last edited by l4z3r2017 on Jun 25th, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
Outsourced tech support, god help me
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
l4z3r2017 wrote: I just switched to CanNet and noticed they were throttling my torrent speed, i called up to complain, and now my torrents work fine, but youtube 4k video cant play.... checked into it, limited as well....

is this normal or is my line messed up?

i can get full speed in a speed test, but youtube is staying belore 3000Kbs, only during peak hours.... i was getting 62000Kbs earlier

my first experience calling tech support was terrible, i waited on the line 45 minutes the first time, and when the support agent left the call to dead air for 5 minutes (after just repeating to me scripted non-sense) i called back and waited 1 hour on the line, and then the phone system sent me to voicemail.... i gave up cus my torrents magically started downloading at full speed.

I am not sure about this service, throttling data way below 100megs for no reason, this doesn't feel like a 100meg line at all.....

not sure if my line is messed up, if they can't fix it im switching, i suggest everyone who switched check your internet speeds for torrents and hd video on youtube at the very least.
I am using my own router and my torrent speeds are top notch. I had a problem with using their router so I put it in bridge mode and it's night and day difference for my particular needs.

Unfortunately this is the same case for many router/modem combos. Not saying there couldn't be a problem with your particular line but a dedicated router is what worked for me. I can now put my simultaneous connections to many times more than 10,000 and it would still work fine lol

All too often consumers blame bad router performance on the ISP.

Anyways, here's me playing youtube 1440p video at 94144 Kbps with no buffering whatsoever on sunday night at 9pm -

And here's youtube 4k at 88081 Kbps (note my computer cannot handle 4k video hence the dropped frames but at least there is no network buffering at all)

Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
Sweet, Technician comes Wednesday, I've got the modem sitting upstiars in a box.

Why do I even need him to come here though? Too bad I can't just open the box and plugin the modem :(
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1382 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
I really want to jump on this deal but Start has been so good to me for the past 5 years. This deal though.. is very tempting, start charges $70+modem rental for a similar deal. Anyone had luck getting Starts price to come down to something remotely comparable?
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11166 upvotes
Not sure if anyone has shared, but here are the Cogeco land offers. Not sure if this is worth it over Start.ca? I just think I trust Start.ca a little more, and worth the extra $10-$15 per month.

Any thoughts?
Thank you for contacting Cannet

We do have cable internet services available in your area (Cobourg, Ontario)

Please find below the best promotion available:

1.) Cable_40M/10M: First 2Yr_$39.98/m_Aft $49.98_Processing$29.95__Rental_WiFi_$4.98/m(wired_$2.98)Shipping Incl

2.) Cable_60M/10M: First 2 years_$49.98/m_Aft$59.98_Processing$29.95_Rental_WiFi_$4.98/m(wired_$2.98)Shipping Incl

For any further assistance you can always call toll free 18002087798 for assistance
Oct 17, 2004
47 posts
18 upvotes
Brampton
CanNetRFD wrote: I have asked our CEO and he said there he did not receive any emails from you in past week. So you can send me your contact information via PM so that we can contact you or you can contact our 7x24 live support 416-8002323 and provide reference number if your issue is not solved right away. I will follow with you to check and your issue and you can post the result and reply from us here if you like.

Also you can always email 7/24 customer service at care@cannettel.com
I am not interested in staying with a company that has such poor customer service!
Oct 6, 2006
355 posts
183 upvotes
tomdamang wrote: This has nothing to do with the speed of the line so the description of your experience is not helpful at all to this thread.
if your Android TV is getting 99Mbps and your other devices are getting 4mpbs, how does this have anything to do with your ISP?

The ONLY speedtest that should be done if you want to verify the reliability of your new internet provider should be wired to your router only.
99Mbps is working as advertised.
Ok first off, relaxxxxx... as i CLEARRLLLYYY mentioned in the end that its something to do with my phone/wifi router. I was sharing MY experience here and what I went through, if you dont like that then get off this forum.

As for my service from Cannet, its running seamlessly. They charged my my first monthly fee, included the credit for the install fee (30$). Couldn't be happier to switch away from rogers. My $0.02 on the customer service is, though they can be tough to understand and understand your situation, they came through in the end.
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Jun 20, 2017
53 posts
14 upvotes
Deal is great, and I want to know what is the wired cable modem(rental $4.98/month )?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
We apologize you had a bad experience with Can-Net previously. We are constantly working towards improving our customer service experience, as well technical performance. What was the main issue you faced with customer service?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
Busta wrote: Ok first off, relaxxxxx... as i CLEARRLLLYYY mentioned in the end that its something to do with my phone/wifi router. I was sharing MY experience here and what I went through, if you dont like that then get off this forum.

As for my service from Cannet, its running seamlessly. They charged my my first monthly fee, included the credit for the install fee (30$). Couldn't be happier to switch away from rogers. My $0.02 on the customer service is, though they can be tough to understand and understand your situation, they came through in the end.
Well said. It's Canada. It's a multicultural place.

You are supposed to work with these Indian agent to get job done, not marry them. It's short time inconvenience and you don't need do this everyday. It's not necessary to require them speak perfect English.

It's a balance to choose between high price with perfect English speaking Support and low price with Indian accent English.

I will go with lower price. Money talks.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.