Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CanNet Telecom

[Sponsored] Switch to 100M Unlimited Cable Internet at Only $39.98/month (ON)

May 17, 2003
11163 posts
6502 upvotes

[Sponsored] Switch to 100M Unlimited Cable Internet at Only $39.98/month (ON)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
CanNet Telecom
CanNet Telecom is launching an Cable Internet deal for all RFDers. If you are looking for a reliable and fast internet connection, it's the best time to switch to CanNet at no additional cost.

100M Unlimited Cable Internet Plan

Benefits of signing up with CanNet:
  1. Download speeds up to 100 Mbps; Upload speeds up to 10 Mbps
  2. Unlimited usage
  3. Switch free without any costs from your current internet provider
  4. 2-year price guarantee*
  5. No contract
  6. Extended warranty – 10 days full refund
  7. Options for wired & wireless modem rental**
  8. No activation fee***

Details:
*Monthly $39.98 for two years, after $59.98 plus taxes
**Wired Cable Modem rental $4.98/month or wireless Cable modem $6.98/month
*** The $29.95 activation fee will be charged when ordering and will be credited back on the first invoice upon service activation.

The RedFlagDeals special plan is applicable only for the Rogers service area. Qualified customers must be signed up through calling us at (416) 800-2323 or calling our authorized agent at 1 (800) 880-1234, or visiting at www.cannettel.com/promotion/cable.

Limited time offer. Don't miss out!
336 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6467 posts
460 upvotes
Scarborough
Anybody have any comments on this company? I'm currently on Fido $60 for 60 down. I was previously with TekSavvy for like 8+ years
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
Is the offer valid for Cogeco Cable areas?
Apr 20, 2017
616 posts
428 upvotes
ahoroba wrote: Is the offer valid for Cogeco Cable areas?
It says for Rogers service area. You'd better to give a call to confirm.
Jun 7, 2016
17 posts
2 upvotes
No different when I choose My recently Internet plan above $40 or below $40. However, It's still a good deal.
Nov 23, 2016
2 posts
kndrekerr wrote: No different when I choose My recently Internet plan above $40 or below $40. However, It's still a good deal.
Me too. Face With Tears Of JoyBut 100M $39.99 looks good enough.
Jun 12, 2017
158 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Much better than what I am paying now 50$ for 30M with my current provider. This is a nice upgrade for me :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
lambertbob912 wrote: Much better than what I am paying now 50$ for 30M with my current provider. This is a nice upgrade for me :)
Are you on the 8yr price guranteed plan from Rogers?
Jun 12, 2017
158 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: Are you on the 8yr price guranteed plan from Rogers?
Yes, but I want a bit more speed and want unlimited usage now. And Rogers could not provide me an even similar deal like this.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
lambertbob912 wrote: Yes, but I want a bit more speed and want unlimited usage now. And Rogers could not provide me an even similar deal like this.
I'm on the same plan and it's been sufficient for my needs and I plan to stay on it for the full 8yrs.
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
Cannet users often reported in earlier threads much lower speeds at pick times 6pm-12am due to congestion. Is it going to improve now or get even worse due to more people signing to this promo without Cannet increasing bandwidth capacity purchased from their CIK Tel ISP? Can anyone post prime time speed test results here?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
JosephL468090 wrote: We have to rent modem from then it seems?
Yeah you'll need to rent it and it's rent to own
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Yeah you'll need to rent it and it's rent to own
So we can't bring our own, if we already own a cable modem?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
May 30, 2017
8 posts
5 upvotes
Kitchener
lithiumli wrote: Anybody have any comments on this company? I'm currently on Fido $60 for 60 down. I was previously with TekSavvy for like 8+ years
It's the same company of CIK. If you call their customer service, the recording is still CIK. From my research, the reviews are not that great. I was not aware they were same company when I signed up. I have been with them for 4 months, it's the worst among all the ISPs I have used in the past (both cable and dsl). I constantly lost internet connections which made me working from home impossible. I complained to them many times, and have received a different modem, hoping the issue would be resolved. But the same issue came back again after a few days. I know it's not the modem or my router, because the blue light (for internet) on the modem was not even on. Restarting modem and router did not help at all. I have started looking for a new provider.
Mar 28, 2006
679 posts
59 upvotes
someone please update title, this is only for Rogers area.
Oct 24, 2013
25 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
cannet still need shills with a sponsored thread? :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6467 posts
460 upvotes
Scarborough
Thank you for sharing your experience. I think I will stick with Fido for now

sportworld wrote: It's the same company of CIK. If you call their customer service, the recording is still CIK. From my research, the reviews are not that great. I was not aware they were same company when I signed up. I have been with them for 4 months, it's the worst among all the ISPs I have used in the past (both cable and dsl). I constantly lost internet connections which made me working from home impossible. I complained to them many times, and have received a different modem, hoping the issue would be resolved. But the same issue came back again after a few days. I know it's not the modem or my router, because the blue light (for internet) on the modem was not even on. Restarting modem and router did not help at all. I have started looking for a new provider.
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
I've had Cannet 100mbps for 3 months now and it's excellent for the money. It's a little disheartening to see Carrytel salespeople always blindly trying to discredit Cannet at RFD/etc when it's actually better for many people because of no site blocks (kodi, etc). Don't believe the liars - there is a 10 day refund policy.

I have not seen Cannet slowing peak hour internet speeds since I signed up. I think Cannet is more interested in retaining customers who signed up with them as it does cost a bit of money to acquire a customer.

I've recommended Cannet to friends. The speeds are almost always full for me, though there have been a couple of downtimes past midnight (fault of Rogers sometimes). I think they are working hard to keep the speeds optimized behind the scenes.
JugaJatt wrote: someone please update title, this is only for Rogers area.
I think this is also for the Cogeco area.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)