Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 60m $24.98, 150M $34.98, 300M $44.98

Aug 2, 2018
59 posts
39 upvotes
BC
fastfurious wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 2:18 pm
Is this promo available in Vancouver BC?
me too :-). Any decent offers for Vancouver?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
Bigman333 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 10:48 am
It seems 75M plan has mandatory hardware rental for $10/month, so it is $40/m, not $30. But still, good deal imho.
Yeah. that is a little bit unfortunate but as far as I know we have on the better deals out for 75Mbps cable plan in BC, AB, MB and SK.

Also, the price is guaranteed for 2 years. No contract involved.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7553 posts
2267 upvotes
Toronto
Any deals on the 250 mbps? Been using the 150 without issues for almost 2 years, hoping for a speed increase with a promotion of that price of $90.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
Variability wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 9:41 am
Any deals on the 250 mbps? Been using the 150 without issues for almost 2 years, hoping for a speed increase with a promotion of that price of $90.
Yes you can jump on the price of $90 for the 250M plan as an existing customer with a one-time upgrade fee of $25. I just confirmed it for you.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7553 posts
2267 upvotes
Toronto
CanNetRFD wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 1:36 pm
Yes you can jump on the price of $90 for the 250M plan as an existing customer with a one-time upgrade fee of $25. I just confirmed it for you.
Yeah, that's not a promotion, just regular price.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
Variability wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 7:34 am
Yeah, that's not a promotion, just regular price.
I got a better promotion from you from our director and he can offer you 250M @ $79.98/m for 1 year, afterwards $89.98/m

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Dec 4, 2016
17 posts
2 upvotes
Good follow up and good customer service. but no improvemwnt. very bad speed in the evening. very anonying. should i move to other provider....
Sep 21, 2010
35 posts
Toronto
same problem here, i am not getting more than 50 - 60 Mbps in the evening on my 100 Mbps plan
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5191 posts
2159 upvotes
CanNetRFD:

What is your company's policy on keeping IP logs against modem mac addresses, in the case of potential copyright infringement notices (i.e. alleged pirating of movies)? Tecksavvy for example is in minimum compliance with laws and keeps their logs for up to 3 months, as required by law, then it is overwritten. And if there are inquiries that identifies the ip address in question the logs are kept for an additional 6 months. They are smart - they are not the business of helping troll lawyers sue their own bread-and-butter, nor is Teksavvy interested in spending internal resources helping troll lawyers do this.

Im seeing from friends and myself, email abuse notices for alleged copyright violations (in my case incorrectly) from as far back as 6 months. Why is Cannet keeping logs for longer (at least 3 months longer) than is required by law? Is cannet in the business of aiding troll lawyers sue Cannet customers?

Your company is making more work (which costs your more man-hours) for yourselves by keeping logs longer than required by law, and you certainly arent doing your customers a favor.

Is cannet going to change this practise that doesnt in any way help Cannet or Cannet customers?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
lodhika wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 9:46 am
same problem here, i am not getting more than 50 - 60 Mbps in the evening on my 100 Mbps plan
Dhajjs wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 11:21 pm
Good follow up and good customer service. but no improvemwnt. very bad speed in the evening. very anonying. should i move to other provider....
If you keep having issues please forward your issues to info@cannettel.com. Our management team will look into your issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
914 posts
107 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 11:57 am
CanNetRFD:

What is your company's policy on keeping IP logs against modem mac addresses, in the case of potential copyright infringement notices (i.e. alleged pirating of movies)? Tecksavvy for example is in minimum compliance with laws and keeps their logs for up to 3 months, as required by law, then it is overwritten. And if there are inquiries that identifies the ip address in question the logs are kept for an additional 6 months. They are smart - they are not the business of helping troll lawyers sue their own bread-and-butter, nor is Teksavvy interested in spending internal resources helping troll lawyers do this.

Im seeing from friends and myself, email abuse notices for alleged copyright violations (in my case incorrectly) from as far back as 6 months. Why is Cannet keeping logs for longer (at least 3 months longer) than is required by law? Is cannet in the business of aiding troll lawyers sue Cannet customers?

Your company is making more work (which costs your more man-hours) for yourselves by keeping logs longer than required by law, and you certainly arent doing your customers a favor.

Is cannet going to change this practise that doesnt in any way help Cannet or Cannet customers?
From our company perspective, we are the same position as Teksavvy as we are trying to meet the minimal requirements of the law and regulation. We would always like to see our customers to use our internet service with freedom. However, as a Canadian ISP, we have to follow the regulations and laws of Canada as well. I think you are talking about the regulation notice and notice regime which you can see more details from http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf ... 02920.html. There is no specific requirement for how long we should store the logs, it is whenever you receive the notice, you have to forward to the end user and notice the sender the notice has been sent. So it doesn’t matter how long the log will be saved, as long as one content provider is sending the notice, the end user will receive the notice right away. Also beside the requirement for notice and notice, there is also law enforcement requirement for all ISPs which should keep logs as long as you can.

I hope that answers your question, and wish you have a nice holiday!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5191 posts
2159 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 9:19 am
From our company perspective, we are the same position as Teksavvy as we are trying to meet the minimal requirements of the law and regulation. We would always like to see our customers to use our internet service with freedom. However, as a Canadian ISP, we have to follow the regulations and laws of Canada as well. I think you are talking about the regulation notice and notice regime which you can see more details from http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf ... 02920.html. There is no specific requirement for how long we should store the logs, it is whenever you receive the notice, you have to forward to the end user and notice the sender the notice has been sent. So it doesn’t matter how long the log will be saved, as long as one content provider is sending the notice, the end user will receive the notice right away. Also beside the requirement for notice and notice, there is also law enforcement requirement for all ISPs which should keep logs as long as you can.

I hope that answers your question, and wish you have a nice holiday!
You never answered the question - how long does Cannet store the logs for? You wouldn't be able to forward any notice if the logs weren't there for way longer than 3 months. Don't think I didn't notice what your wrote and how your wrote it.

Your company obviously stores the log at least 6 months. The question is why in excess of what is required by law. This information is very pertinent to current subscribers and also to potential subscribers to cannet because if you're storing it longer than is needed by law what you're doing is purposely aiding troll lawyers in going after your own customers, and driving up costs to your own service by doing so. Like Teksavvy you're beginning to realize you'll never ever get back the full amount of manhours you put into helping these troll lawyers.

And by the way, now that people know Cannet keeps logs longer than 3 months, expect even more effort by troll lawyers to go after cannet because it's now fishing season on any ISP that keeps logs in excess of what is required by law.
Dec 4, 2016
17 posts
2 upvotes
Good follow up and good customer service. but no improvement.

Sorry, my poor language. thank you for your official response......but Good follow up and good customer service. but no improvement.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)