Hot Deals

[CanNet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75M/10 for $29.98/m, Ontario

Jan 6, 2017
50 posts
64 upvotes
arnycus wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:19 pm
If you have a good credit score above 600, and don't need a wireless modem, just order a new sub for your relative with Cannet, they can do it on cable splitter. Once activated, cancel your existing Cannet sub.
Have you done this before? You sure they don't say its a reactivation or some bull shit and charge you more?
Jan 6, 2017
50 posts
64 upvotes
Did any existing customers on the $35 75M plan who own their modem switch to this $30 one successfully without putting 200 deposit down?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1674 posts
495 upvotes
jetson833 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 2:04 pm
Wow that sucks. Glad I stuck to Carrytel... I was thinking of getting the CANnet 75/10 because it was $5 cheaper ($30 vs $35). I'm in downtown Toronto and getting pretty much 75/10 with no discernable slowdowns during peak hours on Carrytel. It says my provider is Cogent actually, who I'm guessing is better than CIK Telecom.
Cannet actually buys the service and bandwidth from Carrytel. They're both very much related. I would have went with cannet between the 2 to save money
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2344 posts
1613 upvotes
Markham
badOne wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:39 am
Cannet actually buys the service and bandwidth from Carrytel. They're both very much related. I would have went with cannet between the 2 to save money
The above is most likely inaccurate.

CanNet is using the service and bandwidth from CIK.

I googled the relationship between CIK and CanNet. Here is the official answer by CanNet's CEO: "We are the reseller of CIK Telecom and we are utilizing CIK Telecom network to provide our internet service national wide but we are not the same company, our office/people/policy/hardware/plan/price almost everything are different."

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r311761 ... l~start=60
Mar 23, 2015
141 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ryanlikesdeals wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:38 am
Did any existing customers on the $35 75M plan who own their modem switch to this $30 one successfully without putting 200 deposit down?
Nop
I tried
Took forever to explain what I want, to wait for them to check my account and then "you have to pay $200 deposit" :(
I'm not going to pay them $200 even if its so called deposit.
Let see whats going to be during black Friday and maybe I will find some a bit more normal place to switch to
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1674 posts
495 upvotes
drdtyc wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:02 pm
The above is most likely inaccurate.

CanNet is using the service and bandwidth from CIK.

I googled the relationship between CIK and CanNet. Here is the official answer by CanNet's CEO: "We are the reseller of CIK Telecom and we are utilizing CIK Telecom network to provide our internet service national wide but we are not the same company, our office/people/policy/hardware/plan/price almost everything are different."

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r311761 ... l~start=60
My bad - I stand corrected.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5383 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
badOne wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:39 am
They are not related in anyway.

Cannet = CIK
CarryTel = Cogent

And for the fun of it, Fido = Rogers
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5585 posts
473 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Paid for 150mbps but I think I got that only once or twice. Most times I get 80 to 90 mbps which isn't bad considering the price.

On the other hand I would get intermittent disruptions. Today I am out of the internet for a few hours now.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1638 posts
327 upvotes
Ottawa
Is this promo still good on?
I tried to get my ISP to match it but they won't budge at all, so I'm going to cancel asap.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1674 posts
495 upvotes
6060842 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:07 pm
How long will this deal be on for?
Don't wait too long - they can, and have in the past, removed the promo without prior warning. From what I've been reading, they are losing money even before lowering the price to $35. This is as low as it gets, and without installation fees with modem in 2 years.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2344 posts
1613 upvotes
Markham
eugene188 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:37 pm
Is this promo still good on?
I tried to get my ISP to match it but they won't budge at all, so I'm going to cancel asap.
You can always place you order with CanNet now and schedule an activation date that matches with the cancellation date of your current ISP. Your CanNet billing cycle starts only upon activation. They charge $1 plus tax to your credit card for verification purpose when you place your order. This $1 plus tax will be refunded to you in the first CanNet bill as an adjustment to your invoice.

I used a cable splitter so that the CanNet modem and the modem of my other ISP were in parallel for a week or so. This way I had the opportunity to try CanNet out while my other ISP was on standby in case the CanNet connection was not up to my expectation. I have since cancelled my other ISP to use CanNet exclusively.

My extra expense was the partial monthly fee for the several days of my other ISP overlapping with CanNet.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1399 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
Anybody faced slow down last night? My speed was crawling . It's back to normal around 11pm. E-mail support and said it's an DDoS attack. What's the purpose of the attack?
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Jan 6, 2017
50 posts
64 upvotes
iflash wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:20 pm
Nop
I tried
Took forever to explain what I want, to wait for them to check my account and then "you have to pay $200 deposit" :(
I'm not going to pay them $200 even if its so called deposit.
Let see whats going to be during black Friday and maybe I will find some a bit more normal place to switch to
They offered me the deal if I deposit $100 and pay a $25 changing plan fee. The supervisor is calling me back, I think this is such BS and I bet not legal asking for money for no reason like that when I have been paying my internet for the last 6 months..
Sep 20, 2017
62 posts
37 upvotes
Ontario
ryanlikesdeals wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 10:52 am
They offered me the deal if I deposit $100 and pay a $25 changing plan fee. The supervisor is calling me back, I think this is such BS and I bet not legal asking for money for no reason like that when I have been paying my internet for the last 6 months..
I got mine matched since i just got installed a few dats ago. Others here said $200 deposit needed.