Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CanNet

Unlimited Cable Internet 75M/10 for $29.98/m, Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 9:48 am
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
sf1 wrote: looks like my line is still active,
I ran speedtest again after 20 hours, things seems to have improved a little,
I am getting 10Mbps down and 2Mbps up instead of 5Mbps last night.
this was tested from hardwired computer,
I have a feeling that my area has a lot of cable users, either that or it's peak hour throttling in action.
Does Rogers prioritize bandwidth to its own customers first and then whatever leftover distribute to the smaller ISPs?
I will test again tml if I still have the modem, I am still waiting for the return ship label for the modem.

Has anyone try accessing the web interface for the modem? I tried the default IP and can't access it with direct connection.
Maybe the modem itself is messed up.

ImageImage
where do you live? mine is this too.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Fanatic
Apr 22, 2003
6429 posts
2211 upvotes
anyone have Cannet in yonge and finch area?
Sep 6, 2009
409 posts
353 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Artaiw is right, it may take about up to 24 hours to be synchronized to our network to get the best speeds available. I'm sorry if that message was not conveyed to you. I hope you will consider signing up with us in the future again.
How long does it take for a rep to respond to a submitted order? It took carrytel less than 2 hours but it's already been a day since I submitted one for cannet.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
beatusk wrote: How long does it take for a rep to respond to a submitted order? It took carrytel less than 2 hours but it's already been a day since I submitted one for cannet.
Sorry for the wait.
Please PM me your order number or customer ID so I can let somebody get back to you as soon as possible.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1712 posts
647 upvotes
Does Cannet have any current deals other than the $10 off a month, their prices seem similar to Rogers, I am currently with carrytel
Sep 20, 2017
372 posts
184 upvotes
Markham
jg123 wrote: Does Cannet have any current deals other than the $10 off a month, their prices seem similar to Rogers, I am currently with carrytel
Cannet price beat CT easily. Both monthly and one time charge.

Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1712 posts
647 upvotes
TracyWater wrote: Cannet price beat CT easily. Both monthly and one time charge.

I was quoted:

(ii) Unlimited internet with 75/10m for the 1st 2 years you have to pay $29.98/m and from the 3rd year it will be $59.98/m.For the wired modem $4.98/month and for the wireless $9.98/m+$100 hardware deposit ,we will return you the deposit amount when you cancel the services with us.If your credit score is good then no need to pay service deposit otherwise you will be charge $100 refundable service deposit.

So with above I would pay $39.98 a month with wireless modem. Do I own the modem at the end? What modem is it? Am I better off to buy a modem? What is a good modem with good wifi?
Sep 20, 2017
372 posts
184 upvotes
Markham
jg123 wrote: I was quoted:

(ii) Unlimited internet with 75/10m for the 1st 2 years you have to pay $29.98/m and from the 3rd year it will be $59.98/m.For the wired modem $4.98/month and for the wireless $9.98/m+$100 hardware deposit ,we will return you the deposit amount when you cancel the services with us.If your credit score is good then no need to pay service deposit otherwise you will be charge $100 refundable service deposit.

So with above I would pay $39.98 a month with wireless modem. Do I own the modem at the end? What modem is it? Am I better off to buy a modem? What is a good modem with good wifi?
For wifi router, if you sign Cannet through their Cannet reseller Modemoutlet , pay $25 and they'll ship you a asus dual band router. If you didn't , go to bestbuy and buy a $100 router . In either way, router is yours , no need return.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1712 posts
647 upvotes
Cannet is offering me this for the wireless TC_DPC3848v for $10 a month. I do have a router we are currently using and it is ok I was just hoping that the hardware I use from Cannet might work without a separate one.
Oct 7, 2017
176 posts
60 upvotes
jg123 wrote: Cannet is offering me this for the wireless TC_DPC3848v for $10 a month. I do have a router we are currently using and it is ok I was just hoping that the hardware I use from Cannet might work without a separate one.
There is no need to pay $10 to get the TC_CPC3848V. It's an overpriced wifi router + modem combo.

If you do have a router already , you only need go with the wired modem option. Yes the wired modem is compatible with all kinds of wireless router you can find on the market.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1712 posts
647 upvotes
Taihou wrote: There is no need to pay $10 to get the TC_CPC3848V. It's an overpriced wifi router + modem combo.

If you do have a router already , you only need go with the wired modem option. Yes the wired modem is compatible with all kinds of wireless router you can find on the market.
Thanks, they said I can try the wireless and if it does not do better than my router I will just exchange it.
Sep 20, 2017
372 posts
184 upvotes
Markham
Don't forget wired modem doesn't need pay deposit , and wireless router needs $100 deposit. It's on top of the $10 monthly wifi modem rental cost.

Wired modem (no deposit) and use your own wifi router is the way to go.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4021 posts
2373 upvotes
Ottawa
TracyWater wrote: Don't forget wired modem doesn't need pay deposit , and wireless router needs $100 deposit. It's on top of the $10 monthly wifi modem rental cost.

Wired modem (no deposit) and use your own wifi router is the way to go.
As I recall, I had to pay the $100 deposit. I think it was because I didn't do the credit check. I can't really remember.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1712 posts
647 upvotes
I have a rooftop antenna that transmits throughout the house via my coaxial cable, will this interfere with cable internet? Right now I have DSL but it is too spotty .
Oct 7, 2017
176 posts
60 upvotes
jg123 wrote: I have a rooftop antenna that transmits throughout the house via my coaxial cable, will this interfere with cable internet? Right now I have DSL but it is too spotty .
No it's not related as I recall. I do have both rooftop antenna, as well as Satellite dish. This plan just use SEPARATE coaxial cable to transfer internet signal. It has nothing to do the rooftop antenna and satellite coaxial cable.

I got my Asus rt-n53 dual band router for $10 from reseller and put tomato into it. I put a ping script to check outage . Anybody find Cannet internet is down 1am to 2am this morning?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
My speedtests are less than stellar (29/9 on the 75/10 plan). Also, it notes my IP is from CIK. Is that normal?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: My speedtests are less than stellar (29/9 on the 75/10 plan). Also, it notes my IP is from CIK. Is that normal?
Hi There

I apologize for not getting the maximum available speeds,

Did you do the following things below?
Here are the right ways to measure your internet speed:

1) Connect one computer to cable modem using wired cable (you need to reboot modem when doing so);
2) Stop all applications when testing speed
3) Test speed from speedtest.cannettel.com; fast.com and speedtest.net (selecting a Toronto server);
4) Please send us the screenshot using speedtest.net.

Please share the results at info@cannettel.com and our technicians will check will to find out the underlying problem for you or PM me your customer ID so I can escalate the matter for you.
Oct 11, 2006
405 posts
98 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: My speedtests are less than stellar (29/9 on the 75/10 plan). Also, it notes my IP is from CIK. Is that normal?
my ip ; also from CIK.( some website can not load the page. T.T)
speed is very often up and down. and moreover wired connection speed is good, but wireless speed is keep up and down( so, I tested two different router , but it's same problem)
also, some website can not go in or very very slow.

I have no idea, anyone know why? or someone has same problem?
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
EPcjay wrote: Also, it notes my IP is from CIK. Is that normal?
die4you wrote: my ip ; also from CIK.( some website can not load the page. T.T)
That's because CIK is the backbone for Cannet (3rd party seller). Rogers and Cogeco are only the last mile (cable to your house). All traffic goes through CIK.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Oct 11, 2006
405 posts
98 upvotes
chimaican wrote: That's because CIK is the backbone for Cannet (3rd party seller). Rogers and Cogeco are only the last mile (cable to your house). All traffic goes through CIK.
i see it, i'm using 2 months with cannet, but speed is very often up and down. tooooooooooooo slow. i think i will going to change soon(price is very good but i will get too much get a stress from speed.)