Hot Deals

[CanNet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75M/10 for $29.98/m, Ontario

Sep 20, 2017
59 posts
36 upvotes
Ontario
ryanlikesdeals wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:29 am
Have you done this before? You sure they don't say its a reactivation or some bull shit and charge you more?
Yes im sure, at least with rogers. I have both onstalled , coexist a few days and cancel rogers. Also the reseller i signed offee me free wifi router. I did 3 orders and pay one shipping cost $15, they ship all thrree routers in one package. Its slightly used asus rt-n12. Slow cpu, so i used as vpn router or wifi repeater now.

Best 75m deal so far.
Aug 25, 2011
44 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Moving to East York next month so I'm thinking about switching to CanNet - I'm currently with start.ca and paying $65 for 30mbps so even if CanNet is slower than advertised I still think it's better value

Does anyone know if CanNet is still blocking sites such as primewire, icefilms, etc?

Thanks
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
480 posts
61 upvotes
BRocky wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 7:56 pm
Moving to East York next month so I'm thinking about switching to CanNet - I'm currently with start.ca and paying $65 for 30mbps so even if CanNet is slower than advertised I still think it's better value

Does anyone know if CanNet is still blocking sites such as primewire, icefilms, etc?

Thanks
Hi there,

CanNet does not block or restrict any websites for our customers. If there are any restrictions it is because of our backbone, which might be Rogers, Shaw, or Cogeco etc.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1634 posts
326 upvotes
Ottawa
Got the connection setup yesterday in Ottawa. Seems to be ok so far. I can reach the 75/10 speed as tested multiple times. However, dslreports.com states I have a high amount of Bufferbloat.

I tried to connect directly to my router using 192.168.100.1 to see what options I can get since I will setup a router later. Couldn't connect for some reason tho.
Jul 20, 2016
94 posts
34 upvotes
So other than the $29.99 what other charges are there? Id prefer to buy a good quality modem (if there is such a thing). I have an ac1750 router already which Im assuming will work fine?
Oct 14, 2015
199 posts
66 upvotes
Markham, ON
torontocanada1968 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:52 pm
So other than the $29.99 what other charges are there? Id prefer to buy a good quality modem (if there is such a thing). I have an ac1750 router already which Im assuming will work fine?
I think there a $5 modem rental fee a month and for this plan you have to rent

May want to check out carrytel instead
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
480 posts
61 upvotes
torontocanada1968 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:52 pm
There is, unfortunately, a mandatory rental fee of $4.98 monthly for our modem. The good thing is that you own the modem after 2 years. Only one thing for this promotion a credit check or a service deposit is required.
Feb 6, 2017
273 posts
92 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:57 am
There is, unfortunately, a mandatory rental fee of $4.98 monthly for our modem. The good thing is that you own the modem after 2 years. Only one thing for this promotion a credit check or a service deposit is required.
Hi CanNetRFD, I just signed up via online. Will I need to call Rogers to cancel my existing plan or you guys will take care of this upon installation/activation? Thx.

Brief history: Signed up to Rogers gigabit plan recently for $74.99 but my speeds have been getting worse and connections dropping intermittently as well. Was intending on trying Carrytel RFD special but this came along which seems to be a better deal since we wouldn't have to buy the modem if on for 2 years.
Aug 30, 2009
196 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys, Also thinking about switching to Cannet with the 29$ promotion, seems good value, we using Rogers for the last 2 years and wifi always drop in the evening ( Ignite 150u package), is Cannet connection better than the rogers one ?
Dec 12, 2007
117 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
To CannetRDF

I heard bad reviews on the HITRON CDA3-35 modems as they are part of a faulty Puma 6 intel chipset.

Has this issue been resolved via firmware updates yet?

This is one the only option for wired device, if purchase or renting for this plan.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r313852 ... -and-worse

https://www.approvedmodems.com/do-not-buy-list.html

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/h ... ma-6-cpus/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/73 ... ipset-lag/

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r315850 ... lor-TC4350
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
480 posts
61 upvotes
HN12345 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 2:37 pm
Hi CanNetRFD, I just signed up via online. Will I need to call Rogers to cancel my existing plan or you guys will take care of this upon installation/activation? Thx.

Brief history: Signed up to Rogers gigabit plan recently for $74.99 but my speeds have been getting worse and connections dropping intermittently as well. Was intending on trying Carrytel RFD special but this came along which seems to be a better deal since we wouldn't have to buy the modem if on for 2 years.
Unfortunately, you have to call Rogers yourself to cancel since we don't have the authority to make such decisions on your behalf. Thanks
May 29, 2005
339 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
Is this promotion still available? when I can click order now, it shows me 59.98.
Mississauga, L5V 1V1
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
5817 posts
591 upvotes
Question for whom can answer.
I have always used BYOD option,
So for this one,
I assume Cannet will ship the modem within a reasonable time, before the scheduled Rogers tech shows up?
Or is the Rogers tech going to bring the modem for installation?