117 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
sf1 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 7:19 pm
Question for whom can answer.
I have always used BYOD option,
So for this one,
I assume Cannet will ship the modem within a reasonable time, before the scheduled Rogers tech shows up?
Or is the Rogers tech going to bring the modem for installation?
They will ship the modem to u

I just got mine
Dec 19, 2004
109 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone in the Richmond Hill area (preferably Elgin Mills between Leslie and Bayview) using Cannet? I'm interested in switching but would like to hear your speeds during the peak times.

Thanks
Nov 16, 2007
73 posts
5 upvotes
London
This seems like a great deal, why the down votes and so few upvotes? Something about Cannet I should know about?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1634 posts
327 upvotes
Ottawa
BRocky wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 7:56 pm
Moving to East York next month so I'm thinking about switching to CanNet - I'm currently with start.ca and paying $65 for 30mbps so even if CanNet is slower than advertised I still think it's better value

Does anyone know if CanNet is still blocking sites such as primewire, icefilms, etc?

Thanks
East York is a nice area, grew up there, but like nobody knows where it is! I'm interested to know how the connection is there since my parent's still live in EY.
phoenix_bladen wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:13 pm
To CannetRDF

I heard bad reviews on the HITRON CDA3-35 modems as they are part of a faulty Puma 6 intel chipset.

Has this issue been resolved via firmware updates yet?

This is one the only option for wired device, if purchase or renting for this plan.
They just sent me the Hitron CDA3-35 and I just tested it on the dslreports site. It seems to have failed 3 of the 4 tests and DSLreports asks me to submit the name of the modem. I tried it via wifi to my DSL connection and it didn't give me as many slow pings. I doubt this will be fixed any time soon tho.
BAGEL wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 7:11 pm
Is this promotion still available? when I can click order now, it shows me 59.98.
Same thing happened to me when I signed up, if you proceed further into the signup then later on it will show the 29.99.
Sep 1, 2016
4 posts
4 upvotes
I'm currently in the process of dropping Cannet. Peak hours use at Bathurst and Eglinton is wildly bad, particularly on Friday or Saturday at around 9pm.

About once or twice a month at these times our speed drops to about 0.5-2 megabit, for about 1 or 2 hours.

For a long time I figured the discounted internet is worth putting up with 1-2 hours of dead internet a month, but honestly it feels SO annoying and I'm just glad to be rid of it.

Their support is infuriating too. They'll walk you through dozens of steps - unplug and replugging, hard reset, testing multiple computers, wired and wireless, no router and add a router, new combinations thereof. It's crazy.

Lately the support has just changed to "let us know if it's still happening tomorrow" and then they call back the next day and whaddya know, my internet is perfect the next day at 10am off-peak, everything is resolved now, ticket closed.

You will have problems at peak hours, and you cannot do anything other than find something else to do. If you can deal with this, great. If not, go elsewhere.
Apr 25, 2005
614 posts
130 upvotes
CrasyMike wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:45 pm
I'm currently in the process of dropping Cannet. Peak hours use at Bathurst and Eglinton is wildly bad, particularly on Friday or Saturday at around 9pm.

About once or twice a month at these times our speed drops to about 0.5-2 megabit, for about 1 or 2 hours.

For a long time I figured the discounted internet is worth putting up with 1-2 hours of dead internet a month, but honestly it feels SO annoying and I'm just glad to be rid of it.

Their support is infuriating too. They'll walk you through dozens of steps - unplug and replugging, hard reset, testing multiple computers, wired and wireless, no router and add a router, new combinations thereof. It's crazy.

Lately the support has just changed to "let us know if it's still happening tomorrow" and then they call back the next day and whaddya know, my internet is perfect the next day at 10am off-peak, everything is resolved now, ticket closed.

You will have problems at peak hours, and you cannot do anything other than find something else to do. If you can deal with this, great. If not, go elsewhere.
It's interesting you're saying this. I got my in law's set up with similar service and had exact same observations on a trusted wifi router (rental modem) in suburbs of Ottawa. Brand new construction.
It was odd and unpredictable. Sometimes full speed and other times 1-2Mbps.
It was fine for their purposes but I found it quite unprofessional service.
Never bothered calling in as it wasn't worth my time getting the run around (but in hindsight I should have so the company would change such dubious practice)
Oct 14, 2015
199 posts
67 upvotes
Markham, ON
CrasyMike wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:45 pm

Yup...that's what I got from my research, glad I went with carrytel who seemed less shady

I'm very happy with carrytel service for almost a year now and my friends too.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
482 posts
61 upvotes
sf1 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 7:19 pm
Question for whom can answer.
I have always used BYOD option,
So for this one,
I assume Cannet will ship the modem within a reasonable time, before the scheduled Rogers tech shows up?
Or is the Rogers tech going to bring the modem for installation?
We will indeed ship the modem to you before the Rogers technician will show up. :)
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
482 posts
61 upvotes
phoenix_bladen wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:13 pm
To CannetRDF

I heard bad reviews on the HITRON CDA3-35 modems as they are part of a faulty Puma 6 intel chipset.

Has this issue been resolved via firmware updates yet?

This is one the only option for wired device, if purchase or renting for this plan.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r313852 ... -and-worse

https://www.approvedmodems.com/do-not-buy-list.html

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/h ... ma-6-cpus/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/73 ... ipset-lag/

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r315850 ... lor-TC4350
According to the manufacturer, the problems should have been fixed with the most recent firmware. I will ask our R&D to inquire again and will keep you updated once I know more.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1302 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
+1 on the slow ass internet during peak hours. Multiple nights I had to unplug and replug which fixes the problem only to have to do it again 1-2 hours later. I would not bother calling Cannet support given all the comments on how useless they are. Keep in mind the slow down only happens during peak hours so not sure whats up with their system.
[SELLING] PS3 Slim 500GB Bundle ALL YOU NEED + EXTRAS
Dec 12, 2007
117 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
CanNetRFD wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 9:53 am
According to the manufacturer, the problems should have been fixed with the most recent firmware. I will ask our R&D to inquire again and will keep you updated once I know more.
thank you for your reply.

When you have received an answer, would you also be able to PM me ?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
482 posts
61 upvotes
phoenix_bladen wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 11:41 am
thank you for your reply.

When you have received an answer, would you also be able to PM me ?
Yes sure, I will PM you as soon as I get an answer.
Dec 12, 2007
117 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
CanNetRFD wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:24 pm
Yes sure, I will PM you as soon as I get an answer.
Thank you

And just out of curiousity, how would you update the firmware for these modems? I did not find any information from the Hitron site.
Oct 12, 2014
389 posts
99 upvotes
London, ON
Anyone from London, Ontario experiences?

Thanks
Sep 20, 2017
59 posts
36 upvotes
Ontario
phoenix_bladen wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 4:29 pm
Thank you

And just out of curiousity, how would you update the firmware for these modems? I did not find any information from the Hitron site.
Only ISP can do it.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

dealo'day, MehtabS